Any prophecies out there we can actually believe?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we had a plating department in our facility I worked under a chemist. This chemist was very smart and very good at math. When he laid out equations he did so in very neat handwriting and there would be much activity as he turned the results of an analysis into an addition. I would take his calculations and put them in the form of visual basic functions and sub procedures.

Of all the years I worked with this man I had one opportunity to witness to him. I made my presentation while he was analyzing adhesion under a microscope in which you could hear the sounds... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! After my presentation he just continued to look under the microscope as if ignored everything I said so I just continued in my work. Then... The scratch scratch, scratching stopped! And he speaks!

"You know what I think it is?" He says while continuing to look under the microscope... "I think it is arrogance!"

And then, without taking his eyes off the microscope, he continues his work... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! I did not reply but went about my work.

I think most of the prophecies these days come out of the old spirit of ego.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there any prophecies out there we can actually believe? I am wondering about the times and the seasons and it is like we are not hearing much from God. Plenty of speculation out there, but nothing I can believe as of God.

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him. - Deuteronomy 18:22

Presumptuously, Zadown in the Hebrew; interpreted - pride, insolence, presumptuousness, arrogance

There are a lot of people prophecying things of the future, including the Lord's coming, but they are doing it from the spirit of their own ego, and God is not in the word they teach.

You can believe all the prophecies given in the Bible that are yet unfulfilled. Is that arrogance?

The prophets of today will be of the local church. They will have the gift of prophecy. If you don't believe it...how do you expect to receive it? What is your gift in the body of Christ? Why should I believe it? I am speculative.

Stranger