Any recommended guitar course?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chong Shipei

Sep 15, 2022
Singapore
singaporechristianfiction.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Singapore
I am mainly learning guitar to learn praise and worship songs. I want to worship God with the guitar.
I had 2 months of guitar instruction back in the past before I stopped due to financial constraints. I learnt the dduudu strum pattern during my guitar instruction class. It is a group instruction class.
I am interested in learning mainly to play praise and worship songs, as well as hymns and gospel songs.

From justinguitar, I learnt the D chord and A chord, though I struggle with them sometimes. I am currently using justinguitar as a resource. I may consider subscibing to either guitartricks or jamplay, though I am not sure which is better. These guitar sites are good, but they mainly teaches secular songs, and rarely, and most often not, have any praise and worship songs which I can learn.
I will really appreciate if someone can point me to a website that focuses on teaching praise and worship guitar, even if it is a dvd.

I prefer online video site with lifetime subscription, so that I don't have to pay again and again. I know of two websites, worship artistry and worshiponline that focuses on christian praise and worship but they are mainly songs and not techniques or styles or music theory.

I will like to learn guitar music theory, guitar strumming pattern and learn more guitar chords. I also hope to learn to move up and down the guitar fretboard and transpose with capo. As of now, I do not know how to use a capo.

Also, are there any guitar websites beside guitartricks, jamplay, truefire or artistworks that offer video instructions from beginner to advanced? Especially one that is focus on praise and worship? Or teaches songs that worship artistry and worshiponline doesn't cover?

Thanks for all the recommendations so far, will continue to look at more recommendations. I recently bought a FG830 Yamaha acoustic guitar and wonder if it works with praise and worship songs, or will an electric guitar suits me better? Also, which is better, guitartrick or jamplay or truefire?

Furthermore, I recently inherited a sum of US$1000 and will like to invest them on guitar course. Price is not an issue for me. What are some guitar accesories I should look up for and purchase, besides the capo, that will aid me in learning guitar? My budget after spending on FG830 is US$1000. Any course within that price range and is good will be considered by me. Thanks for reading!

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

whitemorning

Nov 18, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello. After all, we live in the era of high-speed Internet. To find guitar lessons, you need to open YouTube. Sometimes I get in the way of studying and I just pay someone to write my paper What will you do to master your favorite musical instrument?

Last edited:

MaddisonChristian

Jul 24, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi folks. Need your advice on how to teach my little son to play guitar. He's 6. Isn't it early, right?

SamanthaHubbard

Jul 24, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To begin, it's important to make learning fun and engaging. You can start by introducing him to the basic concepts of guitar playing, like the names of the guitar strings. You can find a helpful resource on guitar string names at this link Letters On Guitar Strings? The Basics You Need To Know - STG. Try incorporating games and songs into the learning process. Encourage him to strum along with you while you sing his favorite tunes. Keep the sessions short and enjoyable, gradually increasing the complexity as he progresses. And don't forget to praise his efforts and celebrate his achievements along the way! Remember, patience is key. Learning any instrument takes time and practice. Encourage him to practice regularly, but be mindful not to push too hard. Let him explore and develop his own musical interests.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dunno if original poster is still here, but there's plenty of free teaching on youtube, from techniques to worship songs, just type it what you want to learn, I know face to face paid lessons are definitely better but music lessons are not 20-30 bucks a pop anymore like when I was a kid and face to face lessons are best done weekly, $50 per lesson is the cheapest now I think, I think in Aus you can at least expect to pay $60, Singapore is probably similar.

And every single guitar chord you can find on Google.

As for subscriptions Banjo Ben teaches guitar also, and there are lifetime subscriptions, these are video lessons with tabs and audio tracks, but his style is not for everyone, he is a Christian.