Anybody Ever Feel Like This?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has made Himself real to me before but yet still I doubt and probably because of the fact that I've been exposed to things like the big bang theory in school and that's where the doubts in the back of my mind come from. Now, deep down I do not believe for a second that everything in the world today was made from one big old fart in the universe and that everything came from nothing because that sounds absolutely absurd.

Also, if we evolved out of chimpanzees then why isn't that still happening? However, I do believe that Adam and Eve could have looked more like cavemen and we've evolved since then and God caused the big bang, but surprisingly enough there are people who believe that it happened by itself. At least I know I have more faith in Christ than to believe all that nonsense. :rolleyes:
I was exposed to that and much more . We have to remember something .
Things like big bang are from the minds of carnal man . They just men . But the words which proceed from GOD , are FROM GOD
and can be only spiritually understood . Feast on that bible sister .
Like a two week starved man on a big mac . Men can often seem and sound so wise , and yet
the carnal mind is only the carnal mind . I was exposed to many teachings of men . But praise GOD
i was later exposed to the HOLY GHOST . WHich put me in ONE BOOK , a love of truth upon my heart .
Today we have more opinions than ever . But the truth will be found of those whose hearts have been made open by GOD unto the truth
and the love of truth . Real simply really . Let us return to the wonderful and beautiful pages of our bible .
Watch how fast our mind gets built up by sound doctrine . Feast sister . feast as though the bible is a banquet .
IT IS . My advice read the KJV . you are loved dear sister .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Things like big bang are from the minds of carnal man . They just men . But the words which proceed from GOD , are FROM GOD
Like a two week starved man on a big mac . Men can often seem and sound so wise , and yet
the carnal mind is only the carnal mind . I was exposed to many teachings of men . But praise GOD
i was later exposed to the HOLY GHOST . WHich put me in ONE BOOK , a love of truth upon my heart .
Today we have more opinions than ever . But the truth will be found of those whose hearts have been made open by GOD unto the truth
and the love of truth . Real simply really . Let us return to the wonderful and beautiful pages of our bible .
Watch how fast our mind gets built up by sound doctrine . Feast sister . feast as though the bible is a banquet .

" a love of truth upon my heart ."
It's the only way brother! The Truth, no matter what! He surely gives the Truth to any and all who have a willing heart, Amen! :)

His Word IS food. The same food that Jesus lived on in the dessert for 40 days Amen!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, he revealed himself to me. He is real and there is nothing anyone could say to change my mind. Now if you believe without hearing him or meeting him then your reward in heaven may be great as you have stronger faith then those whom he has been revealed.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nope, he revealed himself to me. He is real and there is nothing anyone could say to change my mind. Now if you believe without hearing him or meeting him then your reward in heaven may be great as you have stronger faith then those whom he has been revealed.
Mantis, I knew I liked you for a reason! We seem to have much in common.
I remember back in my 12-step days when people would say, "the God of your understanding."
I'd counter with, "God, as He has revealed himself to me."
Awesome is God, God is awesome, awesome is God.
How awesome is He that He sets us free.
Basically, 12-bar in "A." :)

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mantis, I knew I liked you for a reason! We seem to have much in common.
I remember back in my 12-step days when people would say, "the God of your understanding."
I'd counter with, "God, as He has revealed himself to me."
Awesome is God, God is awesome, awesome is God.
How awesome is He that He sets us free.
Basically, 12-bar in "A." :)
Praise God!

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I like the KJV.
Adding the word church to the prophecy of the book of Revelation is another matter. See Rev. 22:18
I've found that different translations are different in their strengths and weaknesses, so I ask Holy Spirit to give me His understanding. Shalom.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As much as I love Jesus Christ and long to serve Him the rest of my days here on earth and want to spend eternity with Him I still have these same thoughts sometimes. "What if He isn't real?" "I can't see Him or touch Him and I've never been to Heaven so what if this life is all there is?" "What if He sees me doubting Him and I can't be with Him in Heaven then?" These thoughts bother me and upset me so much that I finally saw this article and I felt a little bit better. :) Anyways, anybody else here ever feel like you won't have enough faith to get into Heaven? Cause I already know that if I wasn't saved, I wouldn't be so worried about my salvation, but I have nearly made myself sick about this before when I have these worrisome thoughts. Sometimes I'm even afraid of losing my faith. :(

Bible Q&A: What's the Difference Between Doubt and Unbelief? | Unlocking the Bible
No, God has revealed himself to me on a few occasions. He will reveal himself to you when he wants to. Sounds like you're having trials of faith. If you win it is more likely he will reveal himself. Cheers!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As much as I love Jesus Christ and long to serve Him the rest of my days here on earth and want to spend eternity with Him I still have these same thoughts sometimes. "What if He isn't real?"

Do I have those thoughts ? No.

"I can't see Him or touch Him and I've never been to Heaven so what if this life is all there is?"

But What CAN YOU SEE?
Can you SEE the Sky? the Stars, the Sun?
Can You Touch, or Hear those things?
Can you SEE a Seed in the Earth, opening, and beginning to Grow? Or do you ONLY SEE after the fact, when it Sprouts into a Weed, a Flower, A Tree, to Believe that a SEED shell opened, and SEED began growing?
Do you SEE men forming Clouds filled with Rain, And Men sending Rain upon the Earth?
But yet you See the Clouds, See the Rain...and What? That is the Works of What?
Men? chance?
•Men , can Scientifically EXPLAIN WHAT is happening...
•Earth plates shifting, volcanoes Errupt.
•Lightening strikes, forests Burn.
•Rain falls, Banks over flow, lands Flood.

WHY?
Who Does such Things and WHY?

It is The Creator of such things and Controller of such things...The Almighty God Himself.
Yes He is UNSEEN by mankind's Corrupt Sinful EYES, But His Creations and Works ARE SEEN by Humans Corrupt EYES.

So WHY the sporadic ...fires, mudslides, volcanos, floods, extinction of animals and such?

KEY Word...sporadic.
God is Just.
God Fortells What to Expect.
God WARNS of What to EXPECT.
God REVEALS (sporadic) "EXAMPLES" of What to EXPECT.

The whole World...Mankind and the Earth Shall DIE.
Volcanos, Fires, Manmade Buildings, Cities, Fall into rubble, Disease Rampant, Mountains fall, Men war killing one another, Sun not shine, crops fail, insects Swarming eating crops biting men, rivers red from men's blood, oceans gone as mountains fall...
We have a foreshadow (sporadic) Glimpse of what What SHALL occur, with NO place to run and hide and Escape the Whole World in Chaos.

Two buildings Fell in NYC...and the Chaos, Trama, Fear, and Non-Stop to this day years later ...two buildings falling...?
A Volcano eruption ...
A Dust Storm...
A Locust Swarm...
A Flood...
All Isolated Previews... of What's Coming upon the Whole World.

Those ARE the Creators Foretelling and Warnings and Previews.

•You have to Learn HIS Fortelling...
•You have to Learn the History of His Fortelling Coming to Pass...
•You have to Decide...to Trust His Fortelling AND The Coming to Pass "IS OF He Who Claims TO BE the Creator" ...or Not.

And IF NOT....what is YOUR Alternative "CLAIM", and "Basis"?

IF "NOT" He, God Himself WHOM "Claims" He IS the Creator and Power to do such things...

Then WHAT ?
Does something Else Claim To have Created or Make Or Give or Take Life and AND Make an Earth and Destroy the Earth and Make a New Earth?

(Well besides the pus sacs in DC and China and Germany who preach they are the "Saviors of the Earth and Diseases of mankind")?...which their "supposed Saving"
has for decades been proved a failure...and simply a Scheme to their "all mighty" money
Enrichment. )

"What if He sees me doubting Him and I can't be with Him in Heaven then?"

Ofcourse God Sees your Doubts.
Doubts are a part of man's Nature...during a course of Learning.

You hear...you say hummm ok this but humm not sure about that (doubt).
The Disciples are an excellent Example.

Jesus says follow Him.
Okie Dokie, they follow Jesus.
Bit by Bit Jesus reveals Truths to them.
Ya ya, sounds good.
Whoa, that sounds "unbelievable" (doubt).
Repeat, Repeat.
So HOW did the 11 Desciples OVERCOME their Doubts?

One Way...Continuing TO Follow, HEAR more, HEAR His Fortelling of What would Happen...
AND "SEEING the Results of What He Said...Coming to Pass."

That was Gods Method.
That was Jesus' Method.
That has NOT Changed.

That is the Same Method for men TODAY, to OVERCOME "DOUBT".

Stop "worrying" About your Doubt.
Start focusing on what WAS foretold, and Based on what God/Jesus foretold...has come to pass.
You have to Decide in you heart IF you believe it or Not.
If you believe it...What exactly Are you "really doubting" ?
An expectation of a perfect Flesh Life, with all the answers Day to Day and relationships with other humans?
A PERFECTED relationship with God...is not comparable to an imperfect relationship with imperfect human.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: April_Rose

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, God has revealed himself to me on a few occasions. He will reveal himself to you when he wants to. Sounds like you're having trials of faith. If you win it is more likely he will reveal himself. Cheers!

God revealing Himself...can be construed to mean a Material Sighting with Human Eyes.

I believe God is too Holy to be Physically Materially SEEN by corrupt Human Eyes.

However I have Witnessed on numerous occasions The Lord Gods Revealing Results of His Power and Works ... His Answers for dilemmas men face.

John 5:
[37] And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Glory to God,
Taken

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God revealing Himself...can be construed to mean a Material Sighting with Human Eyes.

I believe God is too Holy to be Physically Materially SEEN by corrupt Human Eyes.

However I have Witnessed on numerous occasions The Lord Gods Revealing Results of His Power and Works ... His Answers for dilemmas men face.

John 5:
[37] And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Glory to God,
Taken
I've seen the father in spirit and body, once he appeared in spirit in my room with intense fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-25), and also a Universe body from a distance of beyond the stars made of grey metal. So he blessed me as such. And taught me to worship Jesus.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here, I just copied and pasted this from a PM that I had because it's a really good question in my mind even though I still consider myself to be a strong believer. It was my own question btw.

I guess my main problem is more so is that how do I know what is real and what is not when there are so many different arguments that support different positions of how we came into existence?

Reactions: Tone and dev553344

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here, I just copied and pasted this from a PM that I had because it's a really good question in my mind even though I still consider myself to be a strong believer. It was my own question btw.

I guess my main problem is more so is that how do I know what is real and what is not when there are so many different arguments that support different positions of how we came into existence?
Relying on the conclusions and opinions of others without being proactive in the search for what is right and what is wrong will surely end in confusion with a lack of surety and peace.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so many different arguments

Why even struggle through all of those mental constructs, when existence is so much more than all of them put together?

You know and understand that He Is Real, because you relate to Him, person to Person...right?

Just like you know I'm real, because we've met, haven't we?

I suppose that you could come up with all kinds of reasons why I am not a real person...like...maybe I'm A.I. or a group of people...or...an alien...

:D...a smiling green...alien...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One thing I understand from seeing God and reading Genesis is that his spirit is powerful enough to create the universe from bending space-time. I ran a calculation once, if all the mass of a 150 pound man was converted into an atomic bomb it would be 1,500 mega ton explosive. That's how powerful God is, just to create a 150 pound person, to contain 1,500 mega tons of explosive force, then imagine our planet, then sun, and stars, all from the force of his spirit. Hope that is understandable.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know it's sort of funny that all this time I was afraid to be asking these questions because I was afraid that God would be mad at me if I did. Like I said before though, I don't think Jesus will punch me in the gut for asking these questions. If I didn't have faith I wouldn't be doubting it in the first place since you can't really doubt something that you don't have.

Reactions: Tone and dev553344

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose that you could come up with all kinds of reasons why I am not a real person...like...maybe I'm A.I. or a group of people...or...an alien...

:D...a smiling green...alien...

Wait, are you my long-lost brother or something? What planet do you come from?

Reactions: Tone

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know it's sort of funny that all this time I was afraid to be asking these questions because I was afraid that God would be mad at me if I did. Like I said before though, I don't think Jesus will punch me in the gut for asking these questions. If I didn't have faith I wouldn't be doubting it in the first place since you can't really doubt something that you don't have.
Have you read Gideons300 thread, 'A last word spoken in love and tears' ? He addresses the struggles God's people face....well worth the read.