Anybody Ever Feel Like This?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As much as I love Jesus Christ and long to serve Him the rest of my days here on earth and want to spend eternity with Him I still have these same thoughts sometimes. "What if He isn't real?" "I can't see Him or touch Him and I've never been to Heaven so what if this life is all there is?" "What if He sees me doubting Him and I can't be with Him in Heaven then?" These thoughts bother me and upset me so much that I finally saw this article and I felt a little bit better. :) Anyways, anybody else here ever feel like you won't have enough faith to get into Heaven? Cause I already know that if I wasn't saved, I wouldn't be so worried about my salvation, but I have nearly made myself sick about this before when I have these worrisome thoughts. Sometimes I'm even afraid of losing my faith. :(

Bible Q&A: What's the Difference Between Doubt and Unbelief? | Unlocking the Bible

Reactions: Renniks and Tone

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You'll just have to level with God and ask him to reveal himself.....and the question really isn't 'will God reveal himself' ....the question is, are you up to levelling with God?

Reactions: April_Rose

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As much as I love Jesus Christ and long to serve Him the rest of my days here on earth and want to spend eternity with Him I still have these same thoughts sometimes. "What if He isn't real?" "I can't see Him or touch Him and I've never been to Heaven so what if this life is all there is?" "What if He sees me doubting Him and I can't be with Him in Heaven then?" These thoughts bother me and upset me so much that I finally saw this article and I felt a little bit better. :) Anyways, anybody else here ever feel like you won't have enough faith to get into Heaven? Cause I already know that if I wasn't saved, I wouldn't be so worried about my salvation, but I have nearly made myself sick about this before when I have these worrisome thoughts. Sometimes I'm even afraid of losing my faith. :(

Bible Q&A: What's the Difference Between Doubt and Unbelief? | Unlocking the Bible

In answer to your title, No.

But that comes from a lifetime of Him repeatedly making Himself real to me.

I would suggest asking the Holy Spirit to become your Teacher. If you pray to the Lord that this becomes a reality in your life, and continue praying for it, you will experience it. And through that time together, your doubts will begin to evaporate. You may also start to begin asking Him for wisdom about how to deal with various situations in life. When answers come to those things as well, this all the more confirms to you that He is indeed real, and there to speak to you if you keep asking Him to.

The guiding Principle to all this is found in James 1:5-8

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Ask, and then stay after Him, believing that He will reveal to you whatever it is you need to know. If you keep asking, believing He will speak to you, He will.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that comes from a lifetime of Him repeatedly making Himself real to me.

He has made Himself real to me before but yet still I doubt and probably because of the fact that I've been exposed to things like the big bang theory in school and that's where the doubts in the back of my mind come from. Now, deep down I do not believe for a second that everything in the world today was made from one big old fart in the universe and that everything came from nothing because that sounds absolutely absurd.

Also, if we evolved out of chimpanzees then why isn't that still happening? However, I do believe that Adam and Eve could have looked more like cavemen and we've evolved since then and God caused the big bang, but surprisingly enough there are people who believe that it happened by itself. At least I know I have more faith in Christ than to believe all that nonsense. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has made Himself real to me before but yet still I doubt and probably because of the fact that I've been exposed to things like the big bang theory in school and that's where the doubts in the back of my mind come from. Now, deep down I do not believe for a second that everything in the world today was made from one big old fart in the universe and that everything came from nothing because that sounds absolutely absurd.

Also, if we evolved out of chimpanzees then why isn't that still happening? However, I do believe that Adam and Eve could have looked more like cavemen and we've evolved since then and God caused the big bang, but surprisingly enough there are people who believe that it happened by itself. At least I know I have more faith in Christ than to believe all that nonsense. :rolleyes:

When I came to Christ I started searching into all these issues. I studied works by creationists as well as took courses in Paleontology in college, to fully familiarize myself with everything involved. The more I learned, the more my mind was at ease about becoming a creationist and believing in the God of Genesis.

Pray the Lord gives you more and more knowledge about that particular subject, until your mind is fully at ease about it.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See this is what I have a problem with when it comes to the separation of church and state. It shouldn't be forced in schools but religion should be an elective course and we shouldn't be forced to learn evolution.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I came to Christ I started searching into all these issues. I studied works by creationists as well as took courses in Paleontology in college, to fully familiarize myself with everything involved. The more I learned, the more my mind was at ease about becoming a creationist and believing in the God of Genesis.

Pray the Lord gives you more and more knowledge about that particular subject, until your mind is fully at ease about it.

Hi HIH
It seems to me that it would take more faith to not believe than it would to believe.
It's always good to know both sides :)

@April_Rose ,
In answer to your OP, I will say Yes! Many times doubts have assailed me in the past, and to some degree can still. But once we realize that we, of ourselves will never measure up to perfection and it's all about Him, we can come back to His Truth and our reality in Him :) You love Him, you want to serve Him and, like HIH said, "keep" praying to Him about these things and He will surely answer you.
Just think about the widow and the un-just judge...she never stopped pleading with him and, she finally got her way with the worldly "judge" so...how much more will your Father in heaven...?
xo

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is Real. And He is in John 3:16 believe in Him through Christ, as we may not see Him. But know He is real. As He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what I was asking...

"Real" as in what?

Lol sorry, but I still don't get what you're asking me. :/

He is Real. And He is in John 3:16 believe in Him through Christ, as we may not see Him. But know He is real. As He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Oh I know it and I do believe in Him,.. I just get confused sometimes as I would be if I had been exposed to Islam as a child as well. However, I don't think that Jesus is saying in this verse that those who have questions and who are looking for answers will be kept out of Heaven, as I want to believe and I want to be in a relationship with Him. Now that I think of it I think He's just saying the one with hardened hearts who aren't interested in having a relationship with Him are condemned.

Reactions: Tone

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States