Anybody Ever Feel Like This?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read Gideons300 thread, 'A last word spoken in love and tears' ? He addresses the struggles God's people face....well worth the read.

Yes I skimmed it but it was sort of long to read and I have trouble reading and understanding a lot of words.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, for the record I come from a planet far, far away where nobody has any marbles. :p

Definitely not here then:
AthleticWeirdBlackbird-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Tone and April_Rose

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use the online dictionary whenever I come across words I'm unfamiliar with. That way I learn the meaning of new words :)
I've used it much in my expanse of the English language, which has taken years. I'm terrible at language :(

Reactions: April_Rose

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
" a love of truth upon my heart ."
It's the only way brother! The Truth, no matter what! He surely gives the Truth to any and all who have a willing heart, Amen! :)

His Word IS food. The same food that Jesus lived on in the dessert for 40 days Amen!
Sound it out sister . Sound it out . OH LET THE LORD BE PRAISED .

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As much as I love Jesus Christ and long to serve Him the rest of my days here on earth and want to spend eternity with Him I still have these same thoughts sometimes. "What if He isn't real?" "I can't see Him or touch Him and I've never been to Heaven so what if this life is all there is?" "What if He sees me doubting Him and I can't be with Him in Heaven then?" These thoughts bother me and upset me so much that I finally saw this article and I felt a little bit better. :) Anyways, anybody else here ever feel like you won't have enough faith to get into Heaven? Cause I already know that if I wasn't saved, I wouldn't be so worried about my salvation, but I have nearly made myself sick about this before when I have these worrisome thoughts. Sometimes I'm even afraid of losing my faith. :(

Bible Q&A: What's the Difference Between Doubt and Unbelief? | Unlocking the Bible

Have True Faith, and do not doubt. I can assure you that the God of the Bible is real. He encountered me in the middle of the Arizona Desert and presented Himself to me in the most Powerful way, to the degree that if I had felt more of His Holy Peace and Love, I would have been physical altered somehow. Believe me . . . our Powerful God knows exactly where we are at all times, knows what we are thinking, doing, feeling and desire to do. There is nothing outside of the scope of your thinking that He is not aware of. More than this . . . He Truly Loves anyone who devotes their life to Him in proper balance.

When the Bible suggests that we ask, seek, and knock . . . nowhere does it say that we are to stop asking, seeking, and knocking. The idea of hesitantly stepping to His door, almost hoping that He will not answer, turn and run away after waiting for five seconds . . . the Lord will not open the door. He will likely make you wait a while to see if you're persistent; to see if you're serious (this time). We cannot give up . . . no matter how bad things might become, or how difficult this world seems, we cannot ever give up. If life were meant to be easy, why would we consistently read about the word "Endure" in some form or another?

So do not worry. Do not doubt. And if you do doubt, retrain your brain to no longer doubt . . . find a way! Those who live with fear, shame, and doubt, struggle the most (I lived that way for nearly fifty years). As Christians, we don't play Satan's evil game of doubt . . . even self-doubt. If we doubt ourselves, then we'll likely doubt the existence, or reality of God. But it is when we strip away self-doubt, and even self-hatred for many of us, these most evil emotions can be stripped away and when they are, they are replaced with a much more healthy, balanced sense of self-confidence. True self-confidence is balanced, meaning that we don't think we're the gift to God's Creation, nor do we hate ourselves at all . . . any . . . more. Believe in yourself . . . no matter what you have done. Christ died so that you would no longer need to live in shame and guilt, and when those emotions are put to death, you/we won't suffer as much from fear. Alleviating ourselves of fear, shame, and guilt, allows the mind to open up and receive life in a more balanced way. A more balanced mind is more capable of receiving, and understanding, the Holy Word of God.

So even if you have not felt the Lord in a most Powerful and Almighty way, trust that others have . . . and do your best to believe the rational and reasonable stories that you hear. If anyone ever speaks to you about the measurable Power of the Lord . . . pay attention. This is a Power that does not come from this place called earth. These people are known by God, so listen carefully when you meet them, and if possible, hang on to them. Only believe what seems reasonable and rational. Our God is exactly that . . . all things will make perfect sense to you one day.

And when the Lord opens His doors to you, that doesn't mean it's time to no longer ask, seek, and knock. Once the Spirit is within you, and the True restoration process has begun, you will ask and seek the Lord more and more. And don't worry . . . you will be enabled to do so. You will know that you have been enabled to seek and obey Him, when those attitudes and behaviors become a way of life if they aren't already.

Believe in yourself. I do!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As much as I love Jesus Christ and long to serve Him the rest of my days here on earth and want to spend eternity with Him I still have these same thoughts sometimes. "What if He isn't real?" "I can't see Him or touch Him and I've never been to Heaven so what if this life is all there is?" "What if He sees me doubting Him and I can't be with Him in Heaven then?" These thoughts bother me and upset me so much that I finally saw this article and I felt a little bit better. :) Anyways, anybody else here ever feel like you won't have enough faith to get into Heaven? Cause I already know that if I wasn't saved, I wouldn't be so worried about my salvation, but I have nearly made myself sick about this before when I have these worrisome thoughts. Sometimes I'm even afraid of losing my faith. :(

Bible Q&A: What's the Difference Between Doubt and Unbelief? | Unlocking the Bible

Those thoughts will always pop in your mind! The devil loves to antagonize people with doubt. Same with our own human nature and the philosophy of the world. Just remember that you do know that you know Him. and practice James 4:8 and it shall pass.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have True Faith, and do not doubt. I can assure you that the God of the Bible is real. He encountered me in the middle of the Arizona Desert and presented Himself to me in the most Powerful way, to the degree that if I had felt more of His Holy Peace and Love, I would have been physical altered somehow. Believe me . . . our Powerful God knows exactly where we are at all times, knows what we are thinking, doing, feeling and desire to do. There is nothing outside of the scope of your thinking that He is not aware of. More than this . . . He Truly Loves anyone who devotes their life to Him in proper balance.

When the Bible suggests that we ask, seek, and knock . . . nowhere does it say that we are to stop asking, seeking, and knocking. The idea of hesitantly stepping to His door, almost hoping that He will not answer, turn and run away after waiting for five seconds . . . the Lord will not open the door. He will likely make you wait a while to see if you're persistent; to see if you're serious (this time). We cannot give up . . . no matter how bad things might become, or how difficult this world seems, we cannot ever give up. If life were meant to be easy, why would we consistently read about the word "Endure" in some form or another?

So do not worry. Do not doubt. And if you do doubt, retrain your brain to no longer doubt . . . find a way! Those who live with fear, shame, and doubt, struggle the most (I lived that way for nearly fifty years). As Christians, we don't play Satan's evil game of doubt . . . even self-doubt. If we doubt ourselves, then we'll likely doubt the existence, or reality of God. But it is when we strip away self-doubt, and even self-hatred for many of us, these most evil emotions can be stripped away and when they are, they are replaced with a much more healthy, balanced sense of self-confidence. True self-confidence is balanced, meaning that we don't think we're the gift to God's Creation, nor do we hate ourselves at all . . . any . . . more. Believe in yourself . . . no matter what you have done. Christ died so that you would no longer need to live in shame and guilt, and when those emotions are put to death, you/we won't suffer as much from fear. Alleviating ourselves of fear, shame, and guilt, allows the mind to open up and receive life in a more balanced way. A more balanced mind is more capable of receiving, and understanding, the Holy Word of God.

So even if you have not felt the Lord in a most Powerful and Almighty way, trust that others have . . . and do your best to believe the rational and reasonable stories that you hear. If anyone ever speaks to you about the measurable Power of the Lord . . . pay attention. This is a Power that does not come from this place called earth. These people are known by God, so listen carefully when you meet them, and if possible, hang on to them. Only believe what seems reasonable and rational. Our God is exactly that . . . all things will make perfect sense to you one day.

And when the Lord opens His doors to you, that doesn't mean it's time to no longer ask, seek, and knock. Once the Spirit is within you, and the True restoration process has begun, you will ask and seek the Lord more and more. And don't worry . . . you will be enabled to do so. You will know that you have been enabled to seek and obey Him, when those attitudes and behaviors become a way of life if they aren't already.

Believe in yourself. I do!

I'm sorry but I do not agree with you on this. When I asked Christ into my heart I did so willingly and with my whole entire heart and you're making it sound like I don't just because I have doubts about my faith from time to time.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry but I do not agree with you on this. When I asked Christ into my heart I did so willingly and with my whole entire heart and you're making it sound like I don't just because I have doubts about my faith from time to time.

Oh no . . . I am so sorry. I never meant to cause you to feel that way.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no . . . I am so sorry. I never meant to cause you to feel that way.

It's alright, maybe I just misunderstood you. Anyways, I've also been feeling like if I start to doubt even just a little bit God's still going to condemn me no matter what.

Reactions: dev553344

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's alright, maybe I just misunderstood you. Anyways, I've also been feeling like if I start to doubt even just a little bit God's still going to condemn me no matter what.

No need to apologize my friend. I can understand your feelings, and I don't think that you were wrong to feel as you did. My only desire (I think) is to lift others up, even when the odds are stacked against me. The way you feel is incredibly important and I'm glad that you had the strength to say what you said. I really liked your answer, by the way. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No need to apologize my friend. I can understand your feelings, and I don't think that you were wrong to feel as you did. My only desire (I think) is to lift others up, even when the odds are stacked against me. The way you feel is incredibly important and I'm glad that you had the strength to say what you said. I really liked your answer, by the way. :)

So what should I do when I feel that way then?

Whetstone

Feb 10, 2021
Out There Somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The idea of hesitantly stepping to His door, almost hoping that He will not answer, turn and run away after waiting for five seconds . . . the Lord will not open the door. He will likely make you wait a while to see if you're persistent; to see if you're serious (this time).

I agree with OP here. I think it's entirely wrong to imply or insinuate that OP has not earnestly sought God and honestly and openly "knocked on the door" or that she was not serious and I think there's a dangerous tendency you have there to suggest you know how God thinks and will act in relation to people knocking on that door. The Bible is VERY VERY clear on this. If you seek, you WILL find, if you knock the door WILL be opened. There are numerous verses that could be quoted but there is little point. This is so fundamental to the doctrine.

2nd Timothy Group said:
So do not worry. Do not doubt. And if you do doubt, retrain your brain to no longer doubt . . . find a way! Those who live with fear, shame, and doubt, struggle the most

Again you are "leading the witness" here so to speak. You again make implications, assertions that OP is living in fear or shame.

I never ignore my brain nor attempt to "retrain" it or force it to believe something that it is not happy with or clear about. I believe my intelligence, rationality and ability to think and reason are innate qualities and to deny them is to deny one's self. If there are doubts or questions or any kind of uneasiness then it is invariably because our reasoning has a conflict, invariably because something doesn't stack up right in either what I believe or what I have been taught vs the reality of the world around me. Only by listening to those warnings in the brain can we confront openly and honestly the unresolved issues and close them and move forward. To ignore or deny them or compartmentalise them is to live a lie and that will create worse problems down the line.

2nd Timothy Group said:
So even if you have not felt the Lord in a most Powerful and Almighty way, trust that others have . . . and do your best to believe the rational and reasonable stories that you hear.

Every person's faith and relationship with their God is surely unique and personal. Establishing a faith in God on the basis that others have one or that others claim to have had visitations or other "special treatment" is not the way imo. Either there is a personal connection or there is not. If there isn't then we need to reassess what we thought we knew, what the Bible says and work out why. Either we are doing something wrong or what we thought was truth is in fact wrong.

2nd Timothy Group said:
Only believe what seems reasonable and rational.

Definitely this.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was going to say that having doubting thoughts isn't unbelief...but then I saw the link you posted that already says that. Some days I have all kinds of weird thoughts... But they don't change my core beliefs.

Reactions: Tone and April_Rose