Anyone else get irrtated when people ask you stupid questions?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
An example would be you say, "I'm going to Disneyland" and someone then says, "Are you saying you hate Jesus and worship Mickey Mouse and think the Magical Kingdom is the Kingdom of God"

geesh... fricken irritating... haha

RubberDuckey

Mar 2, 2011
An example would be you say, "I'm going to Disneyland" and someone then says, "Are you saying you hate Jesus and worship Mickey Mouse and think the Magical Kingdom is the Kingdom of God"

When you say geesh are you saying Jesus' name in vain which can only mean you hate Jesus and love Satan? HAHAAHAA! Yeah, assumption can lead to many bad things.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

Yes, I get irritated when people ask stupid questions, but those same people keep asking them.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

That isn't a stupid question though..as such. kinda more like being judgmental.

But here's an interesting question ....it may seem stupid and yet, it may not be... :huh:

If we are created in the image of God and lets say, Jesus had brown eyes...why doesn't everyone have brown eyes?

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Because the image of God is glorious in many colors so we also are in his image glorious and in many different colors.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach

But here's an interesting question ....it may seem stupid and yet, it may not be... :huh:

If we are created in the image of God and lets say, Jesus had brown eyes...why doesn't everyone have brown eyes?

I don't think that's a stupid question Angelina... I think that's a cool thoughtful question...

A stupid question would be if in response to you I said, "So what you're saying is because I have blue eyes I'm not made in the image of God and you think all christains have to have brown eyes?" haha

But as far as your question I'll meditate on that... one of the first thoughts that popped into my head was the rainbow that was surrounding the throne of God in John's Revelation of Jesus Christ... and how that rainbow represents all the colors of the spectrum of life.

I also like Disciples thoughts... and I think that's a really cool way to see it...

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A stupid question would be if in response to you I said, "So what you're saying is because I have blue eyes I'm not made in the image of God and you think all christains have to have brown eyes?" haha

wow dear brother!...this is a great example of Christians who camp around certain doctrinal beliefs... [eg: if you don't speak in tongues, you ain't got the Holy Spirit] Lol! :D

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Yeah... well there's also the camp that says people who are speaking in tongues are faking it... I actually had a friend that used to go to the same church as me... he wanted to marry a girl that went to a pentecostal church and the pastor at the church we went to actually told them he wouldn't marry them because his fiance went to a church where people spoke in tongues... so there's people that are ridiculous on both sides of that fence...

I was more referring to people assuming beyond the context that was written and then asking a question that was accusational and left you feeling defensive...

Like if you said to me, "I don't speak in tongues and I believe I have the Spirit"

and my response was, "So what you're saying is the gifts of the Spirit are no longer available?"

When what you said was nowhere even close to that... and my question was basically an accusation based on an assumption and words I put in your mouth.

Can't stand that shiz... I could imagine the Phaisees were pulling that shiz on Jesus,

Jesus was like, "It's right to make someone completely whole on the Sabbath"

and the Pharisses were all, "So what you're say is we should disobey God", "So what you're saying is... blah blah blah" (Disclaimer: For anyone that wants to let me know this interaction isn't documented in the bible I know... I'm simply talking about the principle)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yeah... well there's also the camp that says people who are speaking in tongues are faking it... I actually had a friend that used to go to the same church as me... he wanted to marry a girl that went to a pentecostal church and the pastor at the church we went to actually told them he wouldn't marry them because his fiance went to a church where people spoke in tongues..

Well...I've never seen it in that perspective before...probably because I come from a Pentecostal background where speaking in tongues is as normal as prophetical utterances or the laying on of hands for healing..:huh:

Good point!

Bless ya! :)

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Straight from our good old Sister Sandpaper! She rubs everyone the wrong way!

burningfire

Mar 5, 2011
Wisconsin
Yeah... well there's also the camp that says people who are speaking in tongues are faking it... I actually had a friend that used to go to the same church as me... he wanted to marry a girl that went to a pentecostal church and the pastor at the church we went to actually told them he wouldn't marry them because his fiance went to a church where people spoke in tongues... so there's people that are ridiculous on both sides of that fence...

I was more referring to people assuming beyond the context that was written and then asking a question that was accusational and left you feeling defensive...

Like if you said to me, "I don't speak in tongues and I believe I have the Spirit"

and my response was, "So what you're saying is the gifts of the Spirit are no longer available?"

When what you said was nowhere even close to that... and my question was basically an accusation based on an assumption and words I put in your mouth.

Can't stand that shiz... I could imagine the Phaisees were pulling that shiz on Jesus,

Jesus was like, "It's right to make someone completely whole on the Sabbath"

and the Pharisses were all, "So what you're say is we should disobey God", "So what you're saying is... blah blah blah" (Disclaimer: For anyone that wants to let me know this interaction isn't documented in the bible I know... I'm simply talking about the principle)

Shiz?

Wonderful terminology my d-o-double g!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"Can't stand that shiz... I could imagine the Phaisees were pulling that shiz on Jesus," - Robbie

-- "Shiz?" Is this a California thing or do you just want to use a swear word without using a swear word?

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Gomer Pyle also used the word quite frequently...

But he used the Swahili pronunciation.. Shazam... instead of the Southern California pronunciation Shizam...

GomerPyle.jpg

I use the abbreviated Southern California pronunciation "SHIZ"

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Speaking of trips to Disney.........

Before the days of digital cameras, Kodak marketed a small camera called THE WEEKENDER.
A guest at Disney asked one of their cast members (those that work for Disney are called 'cast members', not employees), if the camera could be used Monday through Thursday.

ok, here's one.

If humans are created in the image of God why are there so many people without the sense God gave a goose?

X Sinner

Jun 7, 2012
Massachusetts
I workout ALOT. Anyways, I was leaving the gym and some girl walked up and asked where I got my muscles at?
I was hungry and really not in the mood for stupidity, so……… I said, "wal-mart isle 4 halfway down on the third shelf from the top on the left, but hurry they were on sale."
I have fun with stupid questions,I'll answer in a way I find amusing.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If we are created in the image of God and lets say, Jesus had brown eyes...why doesn't everyone have brown eyes

I'm beginning to understand that it isn't our bodies that is the image of God but our hearts, our capacity to care and love others...even those who hates us. Our bodies are just dirt...but God breathed his life breath into us and gave us life....and we became living souls.

That life-breath is a part of his Spirit. One that he requires to return back to him once we expire...Our living souls are required to reflect Christ as believers and it is a on-going process that will take us into eternity or until he returns..... which ever comes first. :)

Shalom!!!