Anyone heard of The Zone in Phoenix, Arizona?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just watched a current video of The Zone (huge homeless encampment) in Phoenix.

It's the first time I've heard of it. Anyone else ever hear of it?

The temperature was 110 degrees Fahrenheit. A good many homeless were interviewed. Most were homeless because of drug use.

I never realized so many homeless would take up residence in Phoenix because of the intense desert heat. In the Summer it's enough to bake your brain.

The vlogger did see one "cooling center" which was a tent, about the size of a room. But it was rather far from The Zone, so they only had 8 people visit that day....whereas The Zone is jam packed with people.

A community group was trying to get an elderly woman (late 70's) to go with them for help.

The woman was taking fentanyl that day.

Late 70's and a Phentanl addict? It's only a matter of time.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Late 70's and a Phentanl addict? It's only a matter of time.
Yes, it was very sad. She was just sitting on the sidewalk looking down and her back against the wall. The worker was bending over trying to help her.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it was very sad. She was just sitting on the sidewalk looking down and her back against the wall. The worker was bending over trying to help her.
It still surprises people use that stuff recreationally. But when they'll do cat tranq. anything is possible I guess.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder how things in The Zone in Phoenix, Arizona are now. Anyone from Phoenix here?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some are using drugs or selling drugs so they won't go to a place set up to house them.
Some are mentally ill.

I remember the "Subway Singer" here in Los Angeles. She became famous after a police officer posted a video of her singing in the subway station. Her voice was absolutely gorgeous!

She was on the news for weeks. Someone got her a one day singing job at an Italian fair.

I think two record producers wanted to sign her to a record contract!!! I never heard of her again so I looked her up on the Internet. Apparently she never showed up at the meeting with the really famous record producer. In another article she said she wanted to keep feeding the pigeons at the same time each day.

If only she had let the music producer help her...

Famous music producer? I commend her for not selling out. Most if not all of these famous producers (music, movies) are satanists and require some type of sacrifice in exchange for money and fame.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Famous music producer? I commend her for not selling out.
The subway singer was sleeping on cardboard on the streets. She ended up on the streets after incurring a large hospital bill.

People really wanted to help her...her voice is gorgeous and she could have earned an income. But I guess she suffered from mental illness...she wanted to keep feeding pigeons at the same time each day.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand even a speck of Fentanyl can kill.
This is an interesting YouTube channel.
Real life stories from Skid Row in LA.
Channel owner is a professional photo journalist.

--- Viewer discretion advised ---

/

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder how things in The Zone in Phoenix, Arizona are now. Anyone from Phoenix here?
The City of Phoenix evicted all the inhabitants end of last year and did a large-scale clean-up of the area:

Crime dropped in the area:

Where did the people go? Based on MY EYES, they mostly went to the public parks. I have been referring to the park near my house as Hooverville for several months now. May need to update that terminology... Bidenburg has a ring to it.

Reactions: St. SteVen and Debp

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The subway singer was sleeping on cardboard on the streets. She ended up on the streets after incurring a large hospital bill.

People really wanted to help her...her voice is gorgeous and she could have earned an income. But I guess she suffered from mental illness...she wanted to keep feeding pigeons at the same time each day.
Yes, I know. Maybe she also didn't want to enter into a satanic agreement that the famous producers require in order to give a person fame and fortune. I'd choose pigeons over that any day.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The City of Phoenix evicted all the inhabitants end of last year and did a large-scale clean-up of the area:
Thanks for providing this article.
I applaud the City of Phoenix for tackling this tough issue.
But I suppose there are opinions on both sides.

/

Reactions: Debp