Jesus sets a child in the midst of the disciples, why?(with commentary)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And having taken a child, he set him in the midst of them, and having taken him in his arms, said to them,”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭9:36‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

The disciples had been talking along the way of who would be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, or of God. The disciples only believed truly that Jesus was going to stay and rule on earth. The disciples were always not in understanding of the Lord Jesus Christ when he would speak about his death, burial and resurrection.

Upon asking a question of what they were talking about, The disciples where quiet because they were talking about who would be the greatest in the kingdom.

Jesus upon being in the house in capernaum, he say the disciples down and there was a child in the home. A child is always needing help, they can be curious, always seeking for answers to questions, always depending on their Father and Mother to provide for them as they grow up.

While the disciples where talking about who would be the greatest indicative of becoming elderly, mature in faith. Jesus now goes on and puts a child in the midst of them, and then picks the child up by the arm by taking the boy/girl up in his arms. Right after saying to them, that the one who desires to be first, will be last and minister of all.

Therefore with Jesus, showing himself picking up a child and holding them close to his body, was showing a symbolic message of how the disciples where to be attached to the Lord in abiding in the vine, when and once the Holy Spirit, had been given to the Apostle.

“‘Whoever may receive one of such children in my name, doth receive me, and whoever may receive me, doth not receive me, but Him who sent me.’”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭9:37‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Jesus in the next verse goes on to talk about Whoever May receive one such children in Christ name, does receive himself, and whoever may receive him, does not only receive him, but receives the one who sent Jesus, being God; Christ Father.

To accept any and all people showing love to them, and also sharing with Jesus and how that through faith in him, one becomes now a child of God who calls out to the Father, the Father who was prayed to by the Son of God.

Anyone who receives you in the name of Jesus, also receives not only the Son of God but the Father of the Son of God (who is the Word of God, made flesh). Who gives life and light of all mankind.

Children, being babes in Christ, or Son or Daughter by faith in believing and growing in the spirit and walking by the spirit, made new creations in our new inner spiritual man or woman in which one had direction connection with the Father in heaven having be justified by faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And having taken a child, he set him in the midst of them, and having taken him in his arms, said to them,”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭9:36‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

The disciples had been talking along the way of who would be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, or of God. The disciples only believed truly that Jesus was going to stay and rule on earth. The disciples were always not in understanding of the Lord Jesus Christ when he would speak about his death, burial and resurrection.

Upon asking a question of what they were talking about, The disciples where quiet because they were talking about who would be the greatest in the kingdom.

Jesus upon being in the house in capernaum, he say the disciples down and there was a child in the home. A child is always needing help, they can be curious, always seeking for answers to questions, always depending on their Father and Mother to provide for them as they grow up.

While the disciples where talking about who would be the greatest indicative of becoming elderly, mature in faith. Jesus now goes on and puts a child in the midst of them, and then picks the child up by the arm by taking the boy/girl up in his arms. Right after saying to them, that the one who desires to be first, will be last and minister of all.

Therefore with Jesus, showing himself picking up a child and holding them close to his body, was showing a symbolic message of how the disciples where to be attached to the Lord in abiding in the vine, when and once the Holy Spirit, had been given to the Apostle.

“‘Whoever may receive one of such children in my name, doth receive me, and whoever may receive me, doth not receive me, but Him who sent me.’”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭9:37‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Jesus in the next verse goes on to talk about Whoever May receive one such children in Christ name, does receive himself, and whoever may receive him, does not only receive him, but receives the one who sent Jesus, being God; Christ Father.

To accept any and all people showing love to them, and also sharing with Jesus and how that through faith in him, one becomes now a child of God who calls out to the Father, the Father who was prayed to by the Son of God.

Anyone who receives you in the name of Jesus, also receives not only the Son of God but the Father of the Son of God (who is the Word of God, made flesh). Who gives life and light of all mankind.

Children, being babes in Christ, or Son or Daughter by faith in believing and growing in the spirit and walking by the spirit, made new creations in our new inner spiritual man or woman in which one had direction connection with the Father in heaven having be justified by faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

You answered your own question Matt, a true disciple of Christ will be as teachable and as humble as a child, as well as having the strong desire to learn.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your comment and reading, @Robert.

in love,
Matthew Gallagher