anyone heard of this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did not leave anything out, I showed you what scripture says about a "Preacher" You just continued to ignore scripture.
Preachers are appointed and sent by God to preach by His command, that means God appoints preachers to preach the word. Just like scripture says He does by His grace

2 Timothy 1:11
to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

1 Peter 1:12
To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which now have been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things which angels desire to look into.

Titus 1:2-3
2 in hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began, 3 but has in due time manifested His word through preaching, which was committed to me according to the commandment of God our Savior;

Ephesians 3:8
To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,

1 Corinthians 9:14
Even so the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should live from the gospel.

Romans 10:15
And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!”

Acts 13:4-5
Preaching in Cyprus
So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus.
And when they arrived in Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews. They also had John as their assistant.

Acts 16:10
Now after he had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go to Macedonia, concluding that the Lord had called us to preach the gospel to them.

Luke 4:18
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed;

Luke 4:43
but He said to them, “I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent.”

Luke 9:2
He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.
If you left nothing out why did you leave out that Paul was an apostle and teacher?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Essentially Preachers preaching to the unsaved is what Evangelists do.
These are 2 words describing the same duties of a person appointed by God to do ministry. Just like Ephesians 4 says.

For evangelists this,
  1. the name given to the NT heralds of salvation through Christ who are not apostles
STRONGS G2099:
εὐαγγελιστής, -οῦ, ὁ, (εὐαγγελίζω), a biblical and ecclesiastical word, a bringer of good tidings, an evangelist (Vulg. evangelista). This name is given in the N. T. to those heralds of salvation through Christ who are not apostles: Acts 21:8; Ephesians 4:11; 2 Timothy 4:5. [B. D. under the word Evangelist.]

For Preachers this.

1. a herald or messenger vested with public authority, who conveyed the official messages of kings, magistrates, princes, military commanders, or who gave a public summons or demand, and performed various other duties. In the NT God's ambassador, and the herald or proclaimer of the divine word.

κῆρυξ, less correctly (yet so L WH) κῆρυξ (on the accent see Winers Grammar, § 6, 1 c.; (Buttmann, 13 (12)); Lipsius, Gramm. Untersuch., p. 36; (Chandler § 622; Göttling, p. 254f; Lob. Paralip., p. 411; W. Dindorf in Stephanus Thesaurus, under the word; Tdf. Proleg., p. 101)), κήρυκος, ὁ (akin to γῆρυς a voice, a sound, γηρύω to utter a sound, to speak; (yet cf. Vanicek, p. 140)); common in Greek writings from Homer down; a herald, a messenger vested with public authority, who conveyed the official messages of kings, magistrates, princes, military commanders, or who gave a public summons or demand, and performed various other duties. In the O. T., Genesis 41:43; Daniel 3:4; Sir. 20:15. In the N. T. God's ambassador, and the herald or proclaimer of the divine word: δικαιοσύνης, one who summoned to righteousness, of Noah, 2 Peter 2:5; used of the apostles, as the divine messengers of the salvation procured by Christ and to be embraced through him, 1 Timothy 2:7; 2 Timothy 1:11.
=================================================================
Perhaps Preacher today is thought of in a more modern non biblical sense is seen as preaching to the church choir (to believers), while really preaching in a biblical POV was to the unsaved. So then, biblically ministering as an Evangelist, and one of the offices of Ephesians 4, APPOINTED by GOD.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Learner

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus says, "if you have no sin throw a stone at her"
A rock flies over his head and hits her.
Jesus says, "MOM, cut that out, you know you have sinned in your life."
Very weird reply.

John 8
1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them.
3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.
7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there.
10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

Then neither do I condemn you,”
Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said otherwise. I said there is no N.T. office called " preacher" it is what Pastors, Teachers, Apostles, Evangelists do is preach/teach the word.
I see them as ministries, and spiritual gifts, not an officer. Each "office" as you say is simply a way of serving Christ's body.

Reactions: ChristisGod

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you left nothing out why did you leave out that Paul was an apostle and teacher?
I saw a cool bill board the other day, it was a baby with the words, "proof of God's existence" Another similiar one said, "Thank God, Your Mother did not abort you". Both were from an Evangelical Pesditarian Church.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I saw a cool bill board the other day, it was a baby with the words, "proof of God's existence" Another similiar one said, "Thank God, Your Mother did not abort you". Both were from an Evangelical Pesditarian Church.
Relevance please? And what is a Pesditarian Church?

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Relevance please? And what is a Pesditarian Church?
My post related to baby lives matter.

One time, we were driving down the road, I was a new Christian and saw a Pesditarian crossing sign. It was in front of a Presybtrian Church. So, I said, that is great there is a Presybtarian crossing, can anyone else use it. The driver asked, how do you know the Pesditarians are Presybtarian? I pointed out the Church it was in front of.