anyone heard of this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still diverting away from God's action of 'appointing' a preacher (herald). This discussion has nothing to do with the word 'preacher' does it.
You do not believe God appoints a preacher, because you wont say God does. Go ahead say God appoints a preacher. Can you even agree one little bit with scripture?
Ephesians 4:11-13
And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

You see the Preacher is not an office its what they do , its their appointed function.

hope this helps !!!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ephesians 4:11-13
And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

You see the Preacher is not an office its what they do.

hope this helps !!!
Another diversion away from the discussion of God appointing preachers.
Which you entirely disagree that God appoints preachers, otherwise you would agree with scripture.
This is not talking about Ephesians 4:11-13, but your spiritual blindness won't allow you to see that.

Reactions: The Learner

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another diversion away from the discussion of God appointing preachers.
Which you entirely disagree that God appoints preachers, otherwise you would agree with scripture.
This is not talking about Ephesians 4:11-13, but your spiritual blindness won't allow you to see that.
appointing someone to preach is not an OFFICE its a function of the office of the Prophet, Pastor, Evangelist, Apostle. If one is not an Evangelist, Pastor, Apostle, Prophet or Teacher they cannot be a preacher. Preaching is the result and function of the appointed office.

A distinction with a difference.

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are morphing the discussion now, you came in here defending some other posters lying statement that God does not appoint preachers, but the scriptures say God does. And you still do not seem to think God appoints a preacher to preach. Whose side are you on? God's or man's? What did Christ tell even Peter? Get thee behind me Satan...

Matthew 16:23
But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”
God appoints Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Evangelists, Teachers to preach like Ephesians 4 declares. Its the function of the office. You are putting the cart before the horse. One cannot be a preacher without being any of the above appointed offices in the church.

There are no lone ranger preachers its an oxymoron. If you are not connected to a local church body you are no preacher, you are not ordained by God. A preacher is accountable to the body, the elders. And anyone who is Gods preacher must first be a Pastor, Evangelist, Teacher etc.......

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: The Learner

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are without sin then feel free to throw stones.
I will do one better and give you an abundance of Scripture on the topic.

Jesus teaching

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 6:46
Why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' but not do what I say?

Luke 11:28
Blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it

John 8:31
If you hold to My teaching you are truly My disciples

John 13:17
If you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

John 13:34-35
I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

John 14:15
If you love Me you will keep My commandments

John 14:21
Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him."

John 14:23
Jesus replied, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and remain in His love.

John 15:14
You are My friends if you do what I command you

John 15:17
This is My command to you: Love one another.

John the disciple whom Jesus loved teaching:

1 John 2
And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

1 John 2
Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. 10 Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling. 11 But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

1 John 2
If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.

1 John 3
Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. 5 You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. 8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

1 John 4
If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

1 John 5
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome. 4 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
continued from above :

Paul's teaching:

Shall we continue in sin that grace might abound ? May it NEVER be !

Galatians 5
The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Colossians 3
Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. 7 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Ephesians 2
As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.

Titus 2:11-15
11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, 12 instructing us to the intent that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we would live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present age; 13 looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity and purify for himself a people for his own possession, zealous for good works. 15 Say these things and exhort and reprove with all authority. Let no one despise you.

Peters Teaching

1 Peter 1
Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

1 Peter 4
As a result, they do not live the rest of their earthly lives for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God. 3 For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. 4 They are surprised that you do not join them in their reckless, wild living, and they heap abuse on you.

2 Peter 1:3-11
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.
10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

hope this helps !!!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no "office" called Preacher in the N.T. It is what an Evangelist, Pastor, Apostle does. So you disagree with this Scott ?
Genesis 49:24
His bow rested upon the strong, and the bands of his arms and his hands were loosed, by the hands of the mighty one of Jacob: thence he came forth a pastor, the stone of Israel.

Jeremiah 2:8
The priests did not say: Where is the Lord? and they that held the law knew me not, and the pastors transgressed against me: and the prophets prophesied in Baal, and followed idols.

Jeremiah 3:15
And I will give you pastors according to my own heart, and they shall feed you with knowledge and doctrine.

Jeremiah 10:21
Because the pastors have done foolishly, and have not sought the Lord: therefore have they not understood, and all their flock is scattered.

Jeremiah 12:10
Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot: they have changed my delightful portion into a desolate wilderness.

Jeremiah 17:16
And I am not troubled, following thee for my pastor, and I have not desired the day of man, thou knowest. That which went out of my lips, hath been right in thy sight.

Jeremiah 22:22
The wind shall feed all thy pastors, and thy lovers shall go into captivity: and then shalt thou be confounded, and ashamed of all thy wickedness.

Jeremiah 23:1
Woe to the pastors, that destroy and tear the sheep of my pasture, saith the Lord.

Jeremiah 23:2
Therefore thus saith the Lord the God of Israel to the pastors that feed my people: You have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold I will visit upon you for the evil of your doings, saith the Lord.

Jeremiah 23:4
And I will set up pastors over them, and they shall feed them: they shall fear no more, and they shall not be dismayed: and none shall be wanting of their number, saith the Lord.

Ephesians 4:11
And he gave some apostles, and some prophets, and other some evangelists, and other some pastors and doctors,

Hebrews 13:20
And may the God of peace, who brought again from the dead the great pastor of the sheep, our Lord Jesus Christ, in the blood of the everlasting testament,

1 Peter 5:4
And when the prince of pastors shall appear, you shall receive a never fading crown of glory.

Reactions: Scott Downey

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him, in whom they have not believed? Or how shall they believe him, of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear, without a preacher?

1 Timothy 2:7
Whereunto I am appointed a preacher and an apostle, (I say the truth, I lie not,) a doctor of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

2 Timothy 1:11
Wherein I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and teacher of the Gentiles.

2 Peter 2:5
And spared not the original world, but preserved Noe, the eighth person, the preacher of justice, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly.

Reactions: Scott Downey

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pastors preach and teach, Teachers teach, Evangelists share the gospel and call people to repentance like Billy Graham preaching the gospel. I'm not saying preachers are of man no more than I'm saying teachers are of man or pastors are of man. You will know them by their fruits if they are of God or of man.
Evangelism and Teaching go hand in hand, brother. One of my gifts is that of an Evangelist and I counsel and teach.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For which (εις ο). The testimony of Jesus in his self-surrender (verse 1 Timothy 2:6 (NAS)
6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.
Click link to access powerful study resources in a new window.