Anyone interested in genealogy family trees and DNA?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Genealogy is not for everyone and it is usually the women that get more into the activity. I asked the Lord about it myself and the Lord gave me 2 words I did look up.. "remember ancestors" well there is just one verse to me regarding it.

Lev 26:45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the Lord

So since that was from the Lord I continued my searching. I was amazed at it.. now the 2% ashkenazi didn't show up on me at ancestry.. they have changed and keep changing dna results I uploaded my ancestry file to familytreedna and it is there it showed up just as my brother had.

I don't agree how they do dna... the way it is done.. lets use Moses and Aaron... both same parents so 100% Jew they both were.. yet Aaron married another Jew and Moses married a priests daughter from Ethiopia .. their sons according to how dna is done.. Aarons sons would be 100% Jew and Moses sons only 50%.. I don't think God does it that way... both would have 100% on sons. So I did study some on dna.
The Semitic race is a part of the Tribe that came to God ? but Semitism has nothing to do with regard for the true God ?

Jesus was about bringing all people to God !

But how do people come to God ? well Holy Moses lead the way, because the people of God are not to be Slaves to this world in fact ! and Moses said of he to come and he did come and that is the issue in fact regardless = Faith !
No Faith = not worthy of Gods people regardless, who one thinks one is in fact !

The Fact that one is a Jew means nothing truly ! it's about Christ Jesus ! One must truly be born again in fact or you are nothing in regards Gods people ! They who know him, abide in him as he does in them in fact.

All this talk about how much Jewish blood are you is all BS ! I am maybe the most Jewish blood line on earth ? but that counts for nothing if you are not truly born again in fact !

If one abides in Christ Jesus that's the Key ! outside of that is just total nonsense !

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Semitic race is a part of the Tribe that came to God ? but Semitism has nothing to do with regard for the true God ?

Jesus was about bringing all people to God !

But how do people come to God ? well Holy Moses lead the way, because the people of God are not to be Slaves to this world in fact ! and Moses said of he to come and he did come and that is the issue in fact regardless = Faith !
No Faith = not worthy of Gods people regardless, who one thinks one is in fact !

The Fact that one is a Jew means nothing truly ! it's about Christ Jesus ! One must truly be born again in fact or you are nothing in regards Gods people ! They who know him, abide in him as he does in them in fact.

All this talk about how much Jewish blood are you is all BS ! I am maybe the most Jewish blood line on earth ? but that counts for nothing if you are not truly born again in fact !

If one abides in Christ Jesus that's the Key ! outside of that is just total nonsense !
I think it proves God is not a lier... and they keep changing their readings now not to show the 1 and 2% Jewish people. You can leave the discussion this is like God told me to remember my ancestors.. go play on other parts of the forum genealogy is not for you.

Jeremiah 33:22 I will make the descendants of David my servant and the Levites who minister before me as countless as the stars in the sky and as measureless as the sand on the seashore.’”

I believe God grafted in Gentiles..

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think it proves God is not a lier... and they keep changing their readings now not to show the 1 and 2% Jewish people. You can leave the discussion this is like God told me to remember my ancestors.. go play on other parts of the forum genealogy is not for you.

Jeremiah 33:22 I will make the descendants of David my servant and the Levites who minister before me as countless as the stars in the sky and as measureless as the sand on the seashore.’”

I believe God grafted in Gentiles..
Most people on earth have a Jewish blood line in some way, this = as the sand on the seashore.

My ancestors ? regarding what ? God !
I do not look to my family tree for my relationship with Christ Jesus.

I respect the OT in regards the Bible, that's a key point that must be so and in regards all who have gone befor us all ? that we have inherit that blessing for such regards.

Yes you are right, it was the worthy Jews, who became the first Christians in fact ! but how did they recive the mesage ? from God in fact ! throught the Holy Spirit ! now who recives ? only them who are worthy in fact !

For remember only a handful of Jews were worthy ! the rest were not in fact ! for they were lead astray in fact !

So it's not Race bound at all in fact ! the gift is their for all ! it's free !

God does not give a rats who one thinks one is !

I could boast how much Jewish blood i have and that is more than most could claim. and i know of so called christians who know it only to well that i am Jewish. but they idolise the so called Jews 24/7 in fact but when it comes to me, such as they hate me ! even said or demanded that i am not a Christian but a Jew ?
As if a Jew can never become a Christian ? Talk about morons ! for they are all wrapped up in BS ! and only want to dictate over me and never listen to me. for they can not handle the Truth in fact, for they stop up their ears in fact and then get so angery ? that's clearly a point of they are possesed in fact, that they take off in a great huff ! but they would love to bash me up, but they know that i will easy deal with such as that. So they do not come to see me ever and do not want me around talking to them. because they only dictate to everyone, they want total control over everyone.

But i say that the Truth will set you free !

I am truly born again and they clearly are not ! but demand that they are ? they do the works of men, not God in fact. they are not humble in the Lord. The push a works ? yet say they don't ! but they do ! for that's what they point to, look what we are doing ? their is the proof ? but what does the God of the Bible say about such ?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
show me the facts on that one...
He is being an idiot on that card !

Sure Moses went down to Ethiopia and many such Africans are of the blood line, that's not an issue disputed !

But to say all Americans of African decent are such, is pathetic stupidity ! and only a moron would peddle that line.

I am sure some are and great people in fact if they are Blessed by God.

The Africans who were stolen and sold in America was done by wealthy Jews who owned the Ships and they got Islamic people to hunt them Negros down and shiped them off !
But the wealthy Jews who were involved with such, who are they truly ? not the Jews of the Bible in regards God for sure. but they who Moses warned about and Jesus and not to mention all of Gods Prophets in fact, one can read about such so called Jews in the Bible in fact !
The Vinyard story for one points it out well.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My sister was into ancestry because my aging mother did not know who her father was. She was born in Scotland in 1924. Her mother (obviously an unmarried mother) concocted a story and a name that never checked out. She claimed to be a widow, but no marriage certificate was ever found, nor was the name she gave to support her story. It was shameful to be an unmarried mother back then.

My sister tried for years to match our Mum to someone…and finally in her last year of life, we found him. She was overjoyed to know that the DNA doesn’t lie and that she had a Dad who had of course pre-deceased her, and some cousins in England and Scotland, where she was raised……they provided pictures so she had a photo and could see what he looked like and a bit of his history from living family members. It filled in all the missing pieces in her life….and she finally knew who she was.

All her life she had longed to know her father, and at the ripe old age of 98, she found him…..on her death certificate is his name…..she officially had a Dad. She died, finally at peace.….whole.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sister was into ancestry because my aging mother did not know who her father was. She was born in Scotland in 1924. Her mother (obviously an unmarried mother) concocted a story and a name that never checked out. She claimed to be a widow, but no marriage certificate was ever found, nor was the name she gave to support her story. It was shameful to be an unmarried mother back then.

My sister tried for years to match our Mum to someone…and finally in her last year of life, we found him. She was overjoyed to know that the DNA doesn’t lie and that she had a Dad who had of course pre-deceased her, and some cousins in England and Scotland, where she was raised……they provided pictures so she had a photo and could see what he looked like and a bit of his history from living family members. It filled in all the missing pieces in her life….and she finally knew who she was.

All her life she had longed to know her father, and at the ripe old age of 98, she found him…..on her death certificate is his name…..she officially had a Dad. She died, finally at peace.….whole.
That is too cool!! Well for our sons I asked my husband to do YDNA, this several years ago.. my sons have no interest in genealogy but who knows in the next generations or so at least it is out there with even stories I was told. Ancestry does have info on family sir names.. now my maiden name said Ashkinazi yet with Swiss christian church records they were Christian way back to 1600's as far as I could go with records. So I think Judaism could go very very far back not showing Judaism.

Ancestry.com will probably be around for ages... they will also have free trials to search to get people hooked on it. So basically I do still have stories to tell.. I can write the genealogy within the grandchildren records too. My wikitree.. I was thanked for writing the story and telling that this family was Jewish on my husband's side.

I am stuck a bit on my great grandfather the one adopted... trying to search out that name yesterday ran into a list with that last name listing a bunch of slaves owned under wills and probate... have no clue if that is them though... so sometimes it takes a long time to solve puzzles.. with documentation, also found that name in Quaker meeting notes hahaha So you never know what you find... wonder if I will ever solve anything lol I was thankful to have the real last name. It truly is a puzzle...but needs documentation...dna helps that documentation.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What a neat story Jane

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How’s it going @Cyd ?
M daughter was looking into someone’s family history and the surname is ‘ Smith ‘ , but it was a chosen name as they came to England from Europe - it’s like trying to put a puzzle together with loads of pieces from all kinds of puzzles.
Thankfully through knowing a few of the original first names, after talking more to the lady concerned, about occupations ect she was able to order a birth certificate and it proved helpful. Although keep ordering certificate can work out a bit expensive !

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rita
I am pretty much at a standstill, I had already worked all the lines to 4th and 5th generations back to what countries they came from. For my dna, I had my brother do his ydna.. our dad's fathers side was all Switzerland and with church records was able to go back to 1590 there. So my tree is pretty much done am at a standstill but do try new searches on them just in case something new pops up. Because of scripture it was the paternal line I was most interested in, can't find records past 1590 church records.

Your daughter has a hard name wow the Smith's and the Jones's here are huge directory names.

Reactions: Rita