"Apart From Sin"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are taking God's explanation of events as literal from the world's perspective--but these things are about His ways which are higher, and not as perceived. As I have explained:

In the world (as in Adam) each event comes as Paul explained, "each in his own order." Which is obvious for each in birth, but he was referring to our death and entering into Christ. But in the case of Christ Himself entering into God--these are not of the world, and therefore there is no millennium regarding those events between Christ and the Father. When He went to the Father, He rose above the earth and above that timeline of such events. So, if you want to claim that "It is finished" did not fully occur at His resurrection, but only when He ascended--then great, that much is true. But beyond His ascension and leaving the worldly timeline...what you are seeing and basing your position on, is only of the world. But if you consider yourself not to be of the world, then it is not good that you continue speaking in those terms of the world, but renew your position to the terms of Him who has already enter in. Until then--indeed, there is a millennium between you and Him who is True...which need not be.

As for explaining the timeline in the world as if the Master has delayed His coming (as those evil servants say)--these are the times of the gentiles, that other fold which Christ must also bring. But just as He is the End and only came at the end of that first fold of Israel for whom He first came; He also being the Beginning, also only comes at the beginning of that other fold--for the cross is the apex, once for all. Thus, by faith those of that first fold were saved by looking forward believed in the promise of His coming--and then He came. Likewise, those of the other fold of the gentiles, look backward, believing that He has come already. Which is to say, that although the world perceives these events as not being finished--nonetheless, "It is finished."

And so it is written of Israel, that first fold, and told to Lot: "Escape for your life! Do not look behind you nor stay anywhere in the plain. Escape to the mountains, lest you be destroyed.” And yet the opposite foretold of the gentiles: "Look behind you, O Benjamin! (sons of the right hand)."

To make sure we are understanding the times of the gentiles the same, that was the time period where God's people had no King sitting on Jehovah's throne. It was a time period of 2520 yrs which started in 607 BCE with the removal of Zedekiah, and ended in 1914 with the installation of Jesus as King. The faithful slave was appointed shortly thereafter to gather God's people during that last day stretch which would not exceed a generations' life span. Isa 2:2,3; Mat 24:45-47. Many profess the generation of 1914 have expired, and some of the anointed will likely leave the faith because of the seeming delay, but true Christians know that it will not be late.

Most of the dead do not come to life until they pass the test, as Adam had to do. What is that test? At the end of the millennial reign of Christ, satan will once again roam the earth for a short time, the Bible assures us that many will resist him, so therefore with their success they are granted everlasting life, after the thousand yrs has ended Rev 20:5

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To make sure we are understanding the times of the gentiles the same, that was the time period where God's people had no King sitting on Jehovah's throne. It was a time period of 2520 yrs which started in 607 BCE with the removal of Zedekiah, and ended in 1914 with the installation of Jesus as King. The faithful slave was appointed shortly thereafter to gather God's people during that last day stretch which would not exceed a generations' life span. Isa 2:2,3; Mat 24:45-47. Many profess the generation of 1914 have expired, and some of the anointed will likely leave the faith because of the seeming delay, but true Christians know that it will not be late.

Most of the dead do not come to life until they pass the test, as Adam had to do. What is that test? At the end of the millennial reign of Christ, satan will once again roam the earth for a short time, the Bible assures us that many will resist him, so therefore with their success they are granted everlasting life, after the thousand yrs has ended Rev 20:5
Your understanding is tainted with the errors and teachings of men--not biblical.

Biblically, the times of the gentiles began after Israel rejected and crucified Christ, whom He referred to as yet to come, saying, "And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.", for whom Paul the apostle to the gentiles was then sent:

Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles. Acts 13:46

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. Romans 1:16

I say then, have they [Israel] stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. Romans 11:11

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your understanding is tainted with the errors and teachings of men--not biblical.

Biblically, the times of the gentiles began after Israel rejected and crucified Christ, whom He referred to as yet to come, saying, "And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.", for whom Paul the apostle to the gentiles was then sent:

Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles. Acts 13:46

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. Romans 1:16

I say then, have they [Israel] stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. Romans 11:11

Thanks for your input Scott.

Reactions: ScottA