Apostacy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostacy means a departure from the faith that was deliver to us by the apostles.

The faith that was delivered to us by the apostles can be found in the New Testament, especially written by the apostle Paul. Paul is the only apostle that really understood what New Covenant Christianity was. There is no such thing as Old Covenant Christianity. Old Covenant law and religion has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus nailed the Old Covenant to his cross, Colossians 2:14. To be under the law of the Old Covenant is to be under the curse, "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, cursed is everyone that does not continue to do everything that is written in the book of the law, to do them" Galatians 3:10.

The book of the law contains over 2,000 laws and rules. It is not possible to observe all of the laws and rules that are in the book of the law. Sin is the transgression of the law, 1 John 3:4. This is why Paul wrote, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. All have failed to keep God's law and are sinners.

God sent Jesus into the world to save fallen man from his sins, "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16. To believe in Jesus is to believe the New Covenant. Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the Old Covenant, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. Righteousness is no longer by laws, works of religion. Righteousness is only available by faith and not by works, laws and religion, "But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Many believe that they can be saved by the works of the law. They have departed from the faith and are in a state of apostasy, They are not able to live by faith alone. Paul who was a New Covenant Christian wrote, "For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness" Romans 1:17-18. To live by laws, rules and religion is to live in a state of apostacy and to be under God's wrath.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostacy means a departure from the faith that was deliver to us by the apostles.

The faith that was delivered to us by the apostles can be found in the New Testament, especially written by the apostle Paul. Paul is the only apostle that really understood what New Covenant Christianity was. There is no such thing as Old Covenant Christianity. Old Covenant law and religion has been abolished,
I can't believe you give Paul credit for something Messiah did by explaining the law. The Law was changed to this:
Matthew 22:37-40
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets

Do you understand that it was Messiah that gave this not Paul? Paul changes it to just love thy neighbor only, he never says anything about loving God with all your heart, mind and soul. Two things were required. I go by what Christ did for us He included the prophets with it also. What do you give Christ credit for in His ministry? anything?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't believe you give Paul credit for something Messiah did by explaining the law. The Law was changed to this:
Matthew 22:37-40
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets

Do you understand that it was Messiah that gave this not Paul? Paul changes it to just love thy neighbor only, he never says anything about loving God with all your heart, mind and soul. Two things were required. I go by what Christ did for us He included the prophets with it also. What do you give Christ credit for in His ministry? anything?
The law and the commandments have been abolished. Because, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those that believe" Romans 10:4. You don't believe.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law and the commandments have been abolished. Because, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those that believe" Romans 10:4. You don't believe.
Oh but I do believe Christ you believe Paul so a difference... you failed to answer my question though.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh but I do believe Christ you believe Paul so a difference... you failed to answer my question though.
Jesus gave Paul the Gospel, Galatians 1:11-12.

You want to believe that Jesus made a mistake when he made Paul an apostle.

Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the law and the commandments. You are not able to believe.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus gave Paul the Gospel, Galatians 1:11-12.

You want to believe that Jesus made a mistake when he made Paul an apostle.

Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the law and the commandments. You are not able to believe.
Mt 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Christ is God to me not Paul. You might want to ask God our Father if I am a believer.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mt 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Christ is God to me not Paul. You might want to ask God our Father if I am a believer.
You don't believe the New Covenant, nor do you believe the Gospel and justification by faith. To put it more bluntly, You don't believe.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't believe the New Covenant, nor do you believe the Gospel and justification by faith. To put it more bluntly, You don't believe.
I understand with this how you were called a trouble maker in churches.

• Wow
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Paul does not contradict the teachings of Jesus

If the claim he did was true... then Paul is burning in hell right now and you can throw your bible in the trash.

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul does not contradict the teachings of Jesus

If the claim he did was true... then Paul is burning in hell right now and you can throw your bible in the trash.
Paul's words will pass away... most don't know the difference with "out of the mouth of God" Christ was God.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away