Apostles, Prophets, and Teachers. (Pastors/Bishops) ….. Preachers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. not to conclude on the Pastor, completely. he or she is to feed the flock of God. and a pastor can be an apostle, a prophet, an or a teacher, ect. another name that is interchangeable is the Bishop. which we will now look at.

But one thing before we enter into the bishop. knowing that the Pastor is the Gift, it is for men and women whom the Lord Jesus calls. it's not up to the Local congregation who chooses a Pastor, no this is decided by the Lord Jesus himself, Jer 3:15, he'll "GIVE" pastors, if he's in that local body.

which lead to this point. Females, if the Lord Jesus chooses, Females can be Pastors to the body of Christ. I know that's a hot button issue, well only the Lord Jesus can cool it off. we will used the scriptures, and they are true. the Lord said, "my people destroyed for the lack of KNOWLEDGE". but I rest in Revelation 22:11 & 12. amen.

The Bishop.
G1984 ἐπισκοπή episkope (e-piy-sko-pee') n.
1. inspection (for relief).
2. (by implication) superintendence.
3. (specially) the Christian “episcopate.”
[from G1980]
KJV: the office of a “bishop,” bishoprick, visitation
Root(s): G1980

G1985 ἐπίσκοπος episkopos (e-piy'-sko-pos) n.
1. an overseer.
2. (in genitive case) one of the co-superintendents entrusted with the well-being of a local assembly or of assemblies within a city or location.
{literally or figuratively}
[from G1909 and G4649 (in the sense of G1983)]
KJV: bishop, overseer
Root(s): G1909, G4649

G1983 ἐπισκοπέω episkopeo (e-piy-sko-pe'-ō) v.
1. to oversee, inspect.
2. (by implication) to beware.
[from G1909 and G4648]
KJV: look diligently, take the oversight

familiarize yourself with these words. I know upon inspection, or what we in the west calls an Office, barring that....... a bishop is interchangeable in what we call a Pastor.
Understand, and grasp the Knowledge,
In Acts chapter 20, from Miletus the apostle Paul sent to Ephesus, and called for the elders of the church. and he said a couple of things to them before he went to Jerusalem, which interest our discussion.

#1. Acts 20:23 "Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me". if one read their commentaries, one will see that the Holy Ghost by prophets prophesied what would befall him when he came to Jerusalem. yes, prophesying is a GIFT of the Spirit, the Holy Spirit. remember, 1 Corinthians 13:2a "And though I have the gift of prophecy". see, all these works are GIFTS. but let's move on.

#2. this is what we want to look at. Acts 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood".

Now, there are a few thing to consider here.
A. it is the Holy Ghost who appoints, ordained, or made these "ELDERS" OVERSEERS
so an ELDER can be an OVERSEER, and an OVERSEER can have the PASTORAL "GIFT" to feed the flock of God. so an Elder is an Overseer who is a Pastor. look at the definition of G1985 "Overseer" above and see how it can be translated in the kjv, Bishop.

all these functions are of God. the Elder, the Overseer, the Bishop, have the Pastoral "GIFT". now here's another for some. so do the Prophet, as well as the Teacher who God set/ordain in his church, see 1 Cor 12:28 again.

understand the Pastoral GIFT which is the very first Gift on the List in 1 Cor 12:8 is for all to whom the Lord will call. now are all Pastors, NO, ..... because all are not apostles, nor prophets, or teachers. but the point I'm making is this, the Lord Jesus, God, the HOLY SPIRIT, "Gives" HIS Gifts to whom he chooses, for he is the GIFT, and there is no respect of person in God. the Letter to the Galatians states, there is neither male nor female in Christ Jesus. and the apostle Peter made it very clear on the day of Pentecost. Acts 2:38 & 39 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call". is the Lord Jesus still calling people today unto himself? YES, then the promise is for us today also. God is no Respecter of person, he's not just calling only males. and two, excuse my English, he ain't just giving gifts only to males either. if he is, then he is violating his own word, God forbid. so I believe God and stand on "HIS" word as truth.

I'm sure some Christian have no clue what a bishop... ect do. in some religions, there are many type of bishop. that we're not going to get into. but there is one type of BISHOP we will look at, and that's the "coadjutor bishop" or as some say bishop coadjutor. and the reason why we will look at this bishop is, because it's in the bible. seem like there is some HOMEWORK involved here.

Next time, we will look at the role of Women as the bishop. another hot button. and to help out your Homework, this bishop we will look at next, the "coadjutor bishop" which is in the Bible, yes, one of them is a woman.

I'm sure the Roman Catholic church don't want to hear that. but sorry we have the LETTER to prove it. it's in our bible. so no loosing or destroying this letter.

till next time.

PCY.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. not to conclude on the Pastor, completely. he or she is to feed the flock of God. and a pastor can be an apostle, a prophet, an or a teacher, ect. another name that is interchangeable is the Bishop. which we will now look at.

They are not interchangable. It is true an apostle takes on all the rolls. A bishop also takes on the roll But not all pastors are apostles or bishops.

Simply because they are all overseers does not make them interchangable. Mayors, governors and Presidents are all overseers two, but they are not interchangable. What you missed in the definitions of bishop is that he is a superintendent. I sometimes use biblehub's Strong's and it noted a bishop as one who travels. Like in a school district, he is not a Principal of a school but oversees all the schools in his district.

Now unlike our government and that of a school district, and apostle can be a bishop and a pastor, and a bishop can be a pastor.

As for women... I am not goung to comment at this time. It'll be interesting to see how you develop this and shoot or ignore the elephants in the room.

So, commence accusations on how I don't understand.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are not interchangable. It is true an apostle takes on all the rolls. A bishop also takes on the roll But not all pastors are apostles or bishops.

Simply because they are all overseers does not make them interchangable. Mayors, governors and Presidents are all overseers two, but they are not interchangable. What you missed in the definitions of bishop is that he is a superintendent. I sometimes use biblehub's Strong's and it noted a bishop as one who travels. Like in a school district, he is not a Principal of a school but oversees all the schools in his district.

Now unlike our government and that of a school district, and apostle can be a bishop and a pastor, and a bishop can be a pastor.

As for women... I am not goung to comment at this time. It'll be interesting to see how you develop this and shoot or ignore the elephants in the room.

So, commence accusations on how I don't understand.
Thanks for the reply. but this is why this topic is made, worldly thinking. the church is not some organization chart. Mayors, governors and Presidents are all overseers two, yes in the world we live. but not in the church.

#2. As for women... I am not goung to comment at this time. It'll be interesting to see how you develop this and shoot or ignore the elephants in the room.
LOL, look I'll give you the scripture and let's see if you will come up with the answer. it't there in the bible. Romans 16:3 "Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus".

I gave it to you in your Lap.

PCY.

Reactions: Helen

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. but this is why this topic is made, worldly thinking. the church is not some organization chart. Mayors, governors and Presidents are all overseers two, yes in the world we live. but not in the church.
You really didn't explain why and many of the verses you have discussed don't support your stance. Not all are apostles, for example. He gave some [not all] apostles, and some [not all] prophets.... And so forth. Furthermore, you have not addressed that a bishop is a superintndant.

As a sidenote, this is why I dislike relying on Strongs. Yes, I will use it. But it is not a reliable place to get your theology. You get to pick and choose what definition you like to support your stance. In this case, you cling to "overseer" but ignore "superintendent".

Stating its not so and proving it is not so are two different things. 1 cor 12 and eph 4 both note a goverment structure of the Church. You have even stated such.

LOL, look I'll give you the scripture and let's see if you will come up with the answer. it't there in the bible. Romans 16:3 "Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus".
Well, Aquila was a man. I assumr a husband so now we go back to the roll of husband and wife. We don't need to, however... Because they were helpers of Paul. It doesn't say they were apostles. It doesn't say they were bishops. It doesn't even say they were pastors. Knowing the history they did teach and perhaps evangelized. But definitely teach. They taught Apollos who aactually showed signs of being a pastor of Corinth. Apollos by the wau, was not an apostle.

Helps and teachers are not pastors. They are not bishops and certainly not apostles. They had a Church that was in their house (meaning they hosted the Church, not that they were in charge). But that's the best you could say.

And I am surprised you didn't.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And God will use any one HE chooses and stuff all mens wisdom and arrogance. God gave us a High priest, His name is Jesus, God because of Christ sent us the Holy Spirit, to teach us, if they are not first, than they may as well be last, still even today after all Christ has done, still rejected by men for there religion and traditions.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really didn't explain why and many of the verses you have discussed don't support your stance. Not all are apostles, for example. He gave some [not all] apostles, and some [not all] prophets.... And so forth. Furthermore, you have not addressed that a bishop is a superintndant.

As a sidenote, this is why I dislike relying on Strongs. Yes, I will use it. But it is not a reliable place to get your theology. You get to pick and choose what definition you like to support your stance. In this case, you cling to "overseer" but ignore "superintendent".

Stating its not so and proving it is not so are two different things. 1 cor 12 and eph 4 both note a goverment structure of the Church. You have even stated such.

Well, Aquila was a man. I assumr a husband so now we go back to the roll of husband and wife. We don't need to, however... Because they were helpers of Paul. It doesn't say they were apostles. It doesn't say they were bishops. It doesn't even say they were pastors. Knowing the history they did teach and perhaps evangelized. But definitely teach. They taught Apollos who aactually showed signs of being a pastor of Corinth. Apollos by the wau, was not an apostle.

Helps and teachers are not pastors. They are not bishops and certainly not apostles. They had a Church that was in their house (meaning they hosted the Church, not that they were in charge). But that's the best you could say.

And I am surprised you didn't.
First thanks for the response. second, been explaining all along, maybe you just have followed with understanding.
Third, yes, Aquila was Priscilla husband, (see Acts 18:2). but in the verse, Romans 16:3 "Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus". here the apostle Paul qualify two things #1. he said "MY" helpers, and #2. he used the word Greek word, G4904 συνεργός sunergos and NOT G998 βοηθός boethos. here in verse 3, G4904 συνεργός sunergos is in description of an ACTION.

HELPERS: G4904 συνεργός sunergos (sïn-er-ğos') adj.
a co-laborer, i.e. coadjutor.
[from a presumed compound of G4862 and the base of G2041]
KJV: companion in labour, (fellow-)helper(-labourer, -worker), labourer together with, workfellow

notice, the apostle Paul did not use the other Greek word helper, as a NOUN
G998 βοηθός boethos (ɓo-ee-thos') n.
a helper that gives aid or relief in time of distress.
[from G995 and theo “to run”]
KJV: helper

In Romans 16:3 both Priscilla and Aquila was not only co-laborers in the Gospel. but they had a function here in chapter 16, "coadjutor". most catholic understand what it means. but for thoses who don't know, dictionary.com gives an excellent definition of what the word means.

1. an assistant.
2. an assistant to a bishop or other ecclesiastic.
3. a bishop who assists another bishop, with the right of succession.

so what was happening in chapter 16? the apostle Paul was establishing the church at Rome by appointing a bishop there. if one notice in the opening of this letter to the Romans, it was address to the saint there, because no church, or gathering, or organizational of the saint as a body have been establish. hence the reason for the letter to the Saints at Rome. supportive scripture, Romans 1:7 "To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ". this letter was sent to the Saints in Rome by the One who would overseer, or watch for their souls, The "Bishop", in this case was our sister Phebe. Romans 16:1 "I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: 2 "That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also". what did the apostle Paul just tell the saint at Rome? this sister was a deacon at Cenchrea, now with the help of his coadjutors Priscilla and Aquila she succeed from deacon to Bishop which he commend. meaning, she is to take the oversight there.

How do we know this? answer, in verse 2 here of chapter 16, Phebe is a " succourer". know what that word means? answer, according to Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments
G4368 προστάτις prostatis (pro-sta'-tis) n.
a patroness, i.e. assistant.
feminine of a derivative of G4291
KJV: succourer
Root(s): G4291

the feminine derivative of G4291?. so what's a G4291 answer,

G4291 προΐστημι proistemi (pro-iy'-stee-miy) v.
1. to stand before.
2. (in rank) to preside.
3. (by implication) to practise.
[from G4253 and G2476]
KJV: maintain, be over, rule

see, our sister Phebe is a bishop, "BE OVER" OVERSEER.

Understand, G4291 προΐστημι proistemi (pro-iy'-stee-miy) is the derivative of what a female in the same role as a male is. example, a female prophet is to a Male in that same position is called a prophetess. in this case our sister is a Female Bishop.

our sister Phebe, in RANK, as definition #2. above states, is to PRESIDE. you do know what preside means .... right. but just in case if you don't. it means be in the position of authority in a meeting or gathering. like in "GATHERING" of the saints, CHURCH. you might want to read that again. she is the church at Rome first Bishop.

conclusion, Priscilla and Aquila was the apostle Paul "coadjutors", bishops who assists him with the right of succession of our sister Phebe.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HELPERS: G4904 συνεργός sunergos (sïn-er-ğos') adj.
a co-laborer, i.e. coadjutor.
[from a presumed compound of G4862 and the base of G2041]
dictionary.com gives an excellent definition of what the word means.

1. an assistant.
2. an assistant to a bishop or other ecclesiastic.
3. a bishop who assists another bishop, with the right of succession.
101G

You are doing the same thing once again: you are picking and chosing which definitions best suit your purpose and not the ones that fit the context.

In the first quote sunergos does not mean "cmedjutor". It is a co-laborer. If you look carefully you will see the letters "i.e". That means "in example". Thus yes, an example of a co-labor can be that. Furthermore, I checked 4 different web sites that featured strongs greek definitions and only one of them used this "in example" and it was the 3rd or 4th definition down. That's important because it means its the least common definition. I mean, this is like defining fish as shark. Sure a shark is a fish but no one is going to say a fish is a shark without evidence.

Second, dictionary.com. i like it too but it is very generic in nature. And even there its the 3rd definition down.

Nothing in the Bible that Aquila, prescilla or Phebe as bishops or even Pastors. As for Phebe... You took the same liberties in the definition or servant. You have to march a long way to get to the conclusions you did and they just don't match the context. Especially when you are ignoring those elephants in the room. And I am pretty sure you know what I am talking about.

I am bowing out of this conversation . i commend your efforts and (as with before this conversation began) think highly of you. However I disagree with your conclusions so far and your methodology. I understand the concept of hearing the conclusion of the whole matter, so yes I will be watching with interest.

In the meantime, I stand on what I have said and the various resources I listed. My only complaint is your continuance insistance that I lack understanding. I understand the Bible concerning these matters. Its your conclusions that I don't understand.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I meant to ask you about this... Can you expound? Are you saying God doesn't rule over his sheep? I'd love to hear more about that.

what happened here in England as also elsewhere was that power/authority was taken from the Bishops and given to Barons more barren than the Bishops and without proper spiritual authority imho - from the frying pan to the fire so to speak - proper meal to cinders and ashes - twinc

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101G

You are doing the same thing once again: you are picking and chosing which definitions best suit your purpose and not the ones that fit the context.

In the first quote sunergos does not mean "cmedjutor". It is a co-laborer. If you look carefully you will see the letters "i.e". That means "in example". Thus yes, an example of a co-labor can be that. Furthermore, I checked 4 different web sites that featured strongs greek definitions and only one of them used this "in example" and it was the 3rd or 4th definition down. That's important because it means its the least common definition. I mean, this is like defining fish as shark. Sure a shark is a fish but no one is going to say a fish is a shark without evidence.

Second, dictionary.com. i like it too but it is very generic in nature. And even there its the 3rd definition down.

Nothing in the Bible that Aquila, prescilla or Phebe as bishops or even Pastors. As for Phebe... You took the same liberties in the definition or servant. You have to march a long way to get to the conclusions you did and they just don't match the context. Especially when you are ignoring those elephants in the room. And I am pretty sure you know what I am talking about.

I am bowing out of this conversation . i commend your efforts and (as with before this conversation began) think highly of you. However I disagree with your conclusions so far and your methodology. I understand the concept of hearing the conclusion of the whole matter, so yes I will be watching with interest.

In the meantime, I stand on what I have said and the various resources I listed. My only complaint is your continuance insistance that I lack understanding. I understand the Bible concerning these matters. Its your conclusions that I don't understand.
Thanks for the response. #1. No, I'm not cherry picking. see, you can't understand why Helper is used as a adj instead of a noun there..... (smile). it takes the Holy Ghost to teach you these things.

when studying, one must determine why a word is used as a noun, verb, adverb, or an adjective..ect, in order to get the full meaning of the context. example, in 1 Corinthian chapter 15 verse 28. the little word "be" in front of the word "Subject" changes the meaning of "subject" and many scholars have missed this GREAT revelation. only the Holy Ghost can reveal thing like this.

but since you're bowing out, it's ok. and if there is any lack of understanding on your part it's that you want read the information. but look, we're not going to argue about that, ok. it's like this FHII, sometime we just don't get it at first. maybe some where down the line it might come to you, but not right now. one can plant, another water, but only God can give the increase.

even if you disagree with my conclusions and methodology, and are waiting for the conclusion, then you have missed the point.

But maybe someday you will understand.

Be blessed,

PCY.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But maybe someday you will understand
Well now you have pissed me off. I find this pretty arrogant in the midst of me trying to bow out of the conversation graceously.

No need to be upset... I will not bother you. I will just keep in mind what manner of man you are.

Have a day...

Reactions: bbyrd009

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well now you have pissed me off. I find this pretty arrogant in the midst of me trying to bow out of the conversation graceously.

No need to be upset... I will not bother you. I will just keep in mind what manner of man you are.

Have a day...
why are you pissed off, I helped you to bow out gracefully. but like the apostle Paul said, Galatians 4:16 "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?".

and you have a good day,

PCY.

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
I meant to ask you about this... Can you expound? Are you saying God doesn't rule over his sheep? I'd love to hear more about that.

did already! :)

What would you have them do to reflect such a disposition?

Psalm 39
6 Surely every man walketh in a vain shew: surely they are disquieted in vain: he heapeth up riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them.

Well like I told 101G when he did the same thing: I never said "rule over". I said, "ruler of". Its right there in the strong's greek definition which I provided earlier.
Then why did you bring it up?
It matters ... brother. To some it might be a matter of life and death.
Psalm 39
13 O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more.

Have a great day! :)

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
did already! :)
Well then I missed where you expounded on your thought. Since I asked for you to comment further, you haven't posted in this thread before post #72. That means unless I missed your post (which is entirely possible) you haven't actually expounded on it.

It matters ... brother. To some it might be a matter of life and death.
Psalm 39
13 O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more.
That doesn't really answer the question, does it? Again I never said "rule over". Or did I? Can you please help me find where I said rule over?

Thanks!

PS. I actually can show you you that soneone is ruling over you! But I haven't brought that up yet!

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then I missed where you expounded on your thought. Since I asked for you to comment further, you haven't posted in this thread before post #72. That means unless I missed your post (which is entirely possible) you haven't actually expounded on it.

That doesn't really answer the question, does it? Again I never said "rule over". Or did I? Can you please help me find where I said rule over?

Thanks!

PS. I actually can show you you that soneone is ruling over you! But I haven't brought that up yet!
GINOLJC to all. now FHII I'm going to answer you plainly as possible and at the same time answer another one of my post too. at the time, when the Lord Jesus moved me to start both post, I didn't know at the time that they was connected.

your answer, by the persecution in Jerusalem, (then Saul, now Paul), the church being planted in Samaria, by Philip, who preached, did miracles, and baptized many. let's pick up the study in Acts 8:26-31 "And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert. 27 "And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship, 28 "Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet. 29 "Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. 30 "And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 31 "And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him". REMEMBER, Philip was one of the SEVEN chosen by the church who was "FULL of the Holy Ghost". but what's important here is the statement by the Ethiopia eunuch, "except some man should guide me". Jesus is in Spirit, so he works in Men and Women. Philip the MAN did not guide the Ethiopia. the "MAN" in Philip guided the Ethiopia. yes, the MAN from Galilee who was in Philip.

what do this mean? the Holy Ghost do not speak of himself in Spirit but what the Son have already spoken. supportive scriptures, John 16:13 "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 "He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you". THERE IT IS. he shall glorify "ME". understand,
John 7:18 "He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him". John 12:49 "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak".

now the Revelation, John 14:10 "Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works". as Christ was sent, and speak not of HIMSEK, but of the One who sent him, likewise Christ sends us and it is he in us that we speak of and NOT of OURSELVES, because he, (CHRIST) do the WORK.

which answer another one of my POSTS, "Christianity = the "WAY". this scripture sums up both posts. John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me". the "WAY" of God is God in US by his Spirit. who GUIDE, TEACH, and COMFORT us".

this is what the prophets prophesied about in the OT. 1 Peter 1:10 & 11 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow".

Christ election of men was made and is being made. well that's three topics answered, or maybe 4. the "ELECT" have been chosen and is being chose by God even as we speak.

so the apostle, the prophet, the teacher, the PASTOR, the Bishop, every title is held by the Lord JESUS himself in us, who is the "WAY". not of our works or effort but his.

one more scripture, Romans 8:1 "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit". IN, IN, IN?. John 17:21 "That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me". to understand this "in" i suggest one read their commentaries on this verse for edification. especially Gill's commentary.

so in conclusion the Lord Jesus is the Light of the Church, or is the "WAY". the apostle Paul said it best, Philippians 3:10 & 11 "That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 11 "If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead".

PCY.

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Now considering the circumstances these days what you think is the role of a Pastor and what is an alternative if this role is not fulfilled?

Not to forget, we always have a High Priest(Ps 110:24, Heb 10:21) who is a Great Shepherd (Heb 13:20). He is the Word of God.

Heb 13
13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.
15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
16 But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

John 6
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

All Glory to God.