Apparitions of the Virgin Mary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reformed baptist, and MANY Catholics do actually worship and pray unto her like she is a goddess!
I have been a Catholic for many years, and have never seen anyone do this. Mary is blessed among woman. That is why she is called The Blessed Virgin Mary and not treated as a goddess. Does the Reformed Baptist ever abide by Luke 1:42 in your hymns, sermons or literature with a proper biblical title? No, they don't. They claim to follow the bible and accuse Catholics of not doing so. If that isn't hypocrisy, I don't know what is.

Luke 1:28 – “Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you.” These are the words spoken by God and delivered to us by the angel Gabriel (who is a messenger of God). Thus, when Catholics recite this verse while praying the Rosary, they are uttering the words of God.

Luke 1:42 – “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.” The phrase “blessed are you among women” really means “you are most blessed of all women.” A circumlocution is used because there is no superlative in the Greek language. Note also that Elizabeth praises Mary first, and then Jesus. This is hyperdulia (but not latria which is worship owed to God alone). We too can go through Mary to praise Jesus. Finally, Catholics repeat these divinely inspired words of Elizabeth in the Rosary.

Luke 1:28 – also, the phrase “full of grace” is translated from the Greek word “kecharitomene.” This is a unique title given to Mary, and suggests a perfection of grace from a past event. Mary is not just “highly favored.” She has been perfected in grace by God. “Full of grace” is only used to describe one other person – Jesus Christ in John 1:14.

Luke 1:48 for he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden. For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed; (except Reformed Baptists, they have nothing to do with THAT generation)

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been a Catholic for many years, and have never seen anyone do this. Mary is blessed among woman. That is why she is called The Blessed Virgin Mary and not treated as a goddess. Does the Reformed Baptist ever abide by Luke 1:42 in your hymns, sermons or literature with a proper biblical title? No, they don't. They claim to follow the bible and accuse Catholics of not doing so. If that isn't hypocrisy, I don't know what is.

Luke 1:28 – “Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you.” These are the words spoken by God and delivered to us by the angel Gabriel (who is a messenger of God). Thus, when Catholics recite this verse while praying the Rosary, they are uttering the words of God.

Luke 1:42 – “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.” The phrase “blessed are you among women” really means “you are most blessed of all women.” A circumlocution is used because there is no superlative in the Greek language. Note also that Elizabeth praises Mary first, and then Jesus. This is hyperdulia (but not latria which is worship owed to God alone). We too can go through Mary to praise Jesus. Finally, Catholics repeat these divinely inspired words of Elizabeth in the Rosary.

Luke 1:28 – also, the phrase “full of grace” is translated from the Greek word “kecharitomene.” This is a unique title given to Mary, and suggests a perfection of grace from a past event. Mary is not just “highly favored.” She has been perfected in grace by God. “Full of grace” is only used to describe one other person – Jesus Christ in John 1:14.

Luke 1:48 for he has regarded the low estate of his handmaiden. For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed; (except Reformed Baptists, they have nothing to do with THAT generation)
An angel said that once about mary but below all the angels say this continually, do you ?

Angels worship God continually: “Day and night they never cease to sing, ‘Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!’” (Revelation 4:8)

Do you repeat this all the time ?

And what about this in heaven do you say the following since its what all creation declares in heaven.

Revelation 5:11-14
Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. 12 In a loud voice they were saying:

“Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!”

13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying:

“To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!”

14 The four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Martin Luther used this language, too:

[W]e should add a wish that everyone may know and respect her [as one blessed by God]. . . . she is blessed above all other women . . .
(Personal Prayer Book, 1522, tr. Martin H. Bertram; in Luther’s Works, v. 43; brackets in original)

No woman is like you. You are more than Eve or Sarah, blessed above all nobility, wisdom, and sanctity. (Sermon: Feast of the Visitation, 1537)

So did John Calvin:

She deserves to be called blessed, for God has accorded her a singular distinction, to prepare his Son for the world, in whom she was spiritually reborn. To this day we cannot enjoy the blessing brought to us in Christ without thinking at the same time of that which God gave us as adornment and honor to Mary, in willing her to be the mother of his only-begotten Son.

(A Harmony of the Gospels Matthew, Mark & Luke, edited by David W. Torrance and Thomas F. Torrance, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Eerdmans, 1994, p. 32; comment on Luke 1:42)

Private opinion supplants reformist teachings, because a chaotic multitude of "sole rules of faiths" is the order of the day, and the Protestant can over-ride reformist teachings. Former reformists reforming the former reformists. Makes perfect sense.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
An angel said that once about mary but below all the angels say this continually, do you ?

Angels worship God continually: “Day and night they never cease to sing, ‘Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!’” (Revelation 4:8)

Do you repeat this all the time ?
Yes, it's repeated, as prayer, in union with the choirs of angels, AT EVERY MASS!!! How often is it repeated as a prayer at Protestant services???

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip James

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been a Catholic for many years, and have never seen anyone do this. Mary is blessed among woman.

If Mary is Blessed "among women"...
Why are so Many "men" fixated on Mary, when there is No blessing for Mary "among men"?

Luke 1:42 – “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.” The phrase “blessed are you among women” really means “you are most blessed of all women.”

Then Scripture is wrong...and you are here to Fix Scripture!
Did you learn how to Fix Scripture from Catholics?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mary gave birth to his humanity, but not his Deity!

Mary gave birth to a person. That person was divine, the Second person of the Trinity.
Jesus got his human nature from Mary so the Second person of the Trinity became incarnate and was both fully human and fully Divine - one person, two natures.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did Gods Mother exist Before God?
Mary is not older than God, nor that she is the source of her Son’s divinity.
She is the Mother of God in that she carried in her womb, and gave birth to, a divine person – Jesus Christ, God “in the flesh”.

Now please reply to my question.
Mary is the mother of Jesus
Jesus is God
Therefore Mary is the mother of God.

Which bit do you disagree with?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is not older than God, nor that she is the source of her Son’s divinity.
She is the Mother of God in that she carried in her womb, and gave birth to, a divine person – Jesus Christ, God “in the flesh”.

Now please reply to my question.
Mary is the mother of Jesus
Jesus is God
Therefore Mary is the mother of God.

Which bit do you disagree with?

gave birth to, a divine person – Christ, God “in the flesh”.
"Therefore;"
Mary is the Mother of God

Taken