Apparitions of the Virgin Mary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If somebody attacks your mother, what would you do? You will defend her, right? Especially if you really love your mother just like anybody else. Such is the case whenever I hear people questioning my belief (Catholic that is) about Mary the Mother of God. Now with Jesus being a brother to all of us, that makes us also Mary's children. That makes Mary our Mother too.

Mary can be your Mother...
Stop making up nonsense...
God has NO Mother!

Reactions: Candidus and kcnalp

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes a false gospel of works, penance, purgatory - the more money you give the greater the sins forgiven. What a sham its the money changers all over again when Jesus turned over their tables in the Temple. Indulgences YIKES !
They keep Jesus on that Cross, while we have Him off it!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil tells people to turn to Jesus??? That is always the main theme in all Marian apparitions! A house divided against itself cannot stand!!! Do you really need the chapter and verse???
55 Critiques of John Calvin: Introduction & Master List

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
Is Mary Catholic?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Note that none of the passages you cite say that Mary is the object of worship

Well of course not. And if by 'worship' you mean 'latria' neither should they..

We do not offer Mary or any other creature sacrifice.

If you wish to know to Whom it is we offer sacrifice, come to Mass and hear!

Peace be with you!

Reactions: historyb

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is Mary Catholic?
No, she's Jewish. Mary is the Mother of All Christians because she is the Daughter of Zion. Scripture personifies God's people as "woman", that's why there is no such thing as "son of Zion".

In what is among the most simple and beautiful prayers in the Torah, Moses fervently prays for God to dwell “in the midst of” his people. It is a seemingly praiseworthy request, and yet God’s answer is a firm “no.” God’s refusal was not because of any lack of desire on his part; God’s will was always to dwell in the midst of his people. The problem was Israel’s sins.

Exodus 33:3
Exodus 33:5

God says he could have dwelt among them—but he would have destroyed them if he had! And yet in spite of the dire warnings, Moses entreats the Lord anyway, in Exodus 34:9.

When I said Moses’ petition would not be granted, that was true, but incomplete. It would be more correct to say it would not be granted in his lifetime, or even in the context of the Mosaic Covenant. Because of the sins of Israel, God would only dwell in the Ark of the Covenant made of wood and gold, in the tabernacle in the wilderness, or later on in the temple. However, the God-inspired longing of Moses’ heart would one day be realized. Multiple prophets subsequent to the time of Moses prophesied God would indeed one day dwell in the midst of his people. But this ancient promise would only find its fulfillment in Jesus Christ… AND in his mother. BOTH/AND, NOT "EITHER/OR".
Both/and is the Hebraic approach to Scripture.
Either/or is the Calvinist approach to Scripture.(CARM)

You’ll want to take note of how many times the inspired author prophesies of that day, which refers to the coming of the Messiah and the New Covenant.

Isaiah 11:1-2
Isaiah 11:10-11
Isaiah 2:1
Isaiah 2:6

The promise of the Lord dwelling in the midst of Israel was just that—a promise for the future.

Isaiah 37:22
Jeremiah 14:17
Lamentations 2:13

In Zephaniah, we find similar language. The Lord chastises Israel resoundingly for its sins, but then promises through the message of the prophet:
Zephaniah 3:8
Zephaniah 11:13-15
And finally, after urging Israel to repent of their sins, Zechariah also prophesies: Zechariah 2:10

We now fast-forward to Luke 1:28. When Luke records the greeting of the angel, “Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you!” There are two keys to understanding this text in relation to Mary as the fulfillment of the ancient “daughter of Zion” prophecies.
  1. The Greek word for hail is kaire, which can also be translated rejoice. In fact, the New King James Version of the Bible translates it as, “Rejoice, highly favored one!” Because this “new name”—kecharitomene—is in the feminine, we could also translate it as “Rejoice, favored woman.”
  1. The angel does not say “the Lord shall be with you;” he says, “The Lord is with you.”
Could this hearken back to the prophetic “daughter of Zion” prophecies of old? There is really no biblical way around it. The ancient prayer of Moses was definitively answered in and through what was likely to have been about a fifteen year-old young woman named Mary, and in a way beyond the wildest imaginings of the ancient prophets. Because of her “yes,” after all of those centuries in waiting, God would finally dwell “in the midst of his virgin Daughter of Zion.” There is really no biblical way around it.

Indeed, this verse becomes an excellent example of what Scripture scholars refer to as the polyvalent or multi-layered nature of Scripture. The angel’s greeting not only signals that Mary is “full of grace,” but that she is the true “Daughter of Zion.”

On one level, since she was “full of grace” Mary was the fulfillment of the prophecies concerning the Daughter of Zion even before the Incarnation. And yet, there was more to come. Mary’s fullness of grace had prepared the New Covenant Daughter of Zion for something the Old Covenant people of God could never have fathomed. It was grace that made her fit to be a worthy vessel to bear the King of Glory in her body. The fulfillment of God’s promise would not be complete, then, until Mary conceived Jesus in her womb.

And we should further note that in Isaiah and elsewhere, “the inhabitant of Zion” is also referred to as “the daughter of Zion,” or even “the virgin daughter of Zion.” For example, in Isaiah 37:22, Isaiah prophesies against Assyria, who had conquered Israel: Luke 1:28-35

I suppose an entire volume could be written on the significance of these prophecies. But I will conclude our thoughts here with succinct teaching on the significance of Mary as Daughter of Zion, in whom God promised he would dwell.

The Holy Spirit prepared Mary by his grace. It was fitting that the mother of him in whom “the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily” should herself be “full of grace.” She was, by sheer grace, conceived without sin as the most humble of creatures, the most capable of welcoming the inexpressible gift of the Almighty.

Conclusion: Mary is Catholic in the sense of her universal motherhood AND Jewish in the sense of Daughter of Zion. both/and, not either/or. Jesus is our Brother, that logically makes Mary Our Mother, unless you wish to argue that Christians are not adopted sons and daughters of God.

Revelation 12:17 explains who "the seed of the woman" or offspring of the women are... those who keep God's commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus. (universal motherhood) It doesn't mention anything about belonging only to the Catholic Church. Logically, the seed of the woman are all Christians who keep God's commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.
The woman is
(1) Mary,
(2) the Church
(3) and Israel (Zion)

the polyvalent or multi-layered nature of Scripture.

aa-wings.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Marymog

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, she's Jewish. Mary is the Mother of All Christians because she is the Daughter of Zion. Scripture personifies God's people as "woman", that's why there is no such thing as "son of Zion".

In what is among the most simple and beautiful prayers in the Torah, Moses fervently prays for God to dwell “in the midst of” his people. It is a seemingly praiseworthy request, and yet God’s answer is a firm “no.” God’s refusal was not because of any lack of desire on his part; God’s will was always to dwell in the midst of his people. The problem was Israel’s sins.

Exodus 33:3
Exodus 33:5

God says he could have dwelt among them—but he would have destroyed them if he had! And yet in spite of the dire warnings, Moses entreats the Lord anyway, in Exodus 34:9.

When I said Moses’ petition would not be granted, that was true, but incomplete. It would be more correct to say it would not be granted in his lifetime, or even in the context of the Mosaic Covenant. Because of the sins of Israel, God would only dwell in the Ark of the Covenant made of wood and gold, in the tabernacle in the wilderness, or later on in the temple. However, the God-inspired longing of Moses’ heart would one day be realized. Multiple prophets subsequent to the time of Moses prophesied God would indeed one day dwell in the midst of his people. But this ancient promise would only find its fulfillment in Jesus Christ… AND in his mother. BOTH/AND, NOT "EITHER/OR".
Both/and is the Hebraic approach to Scripture.
Either/or is the Calvinist approach to Scripture.(CARM)

You’ll want to take note of how many times the inspired author prophesies of that day, which refers to the coming of the Messiah and the New Covenant.

Isaiah 11:1-2
Isaiah 11:10-11
Isaiah 2:1
Isaiah 2:6

The promise of the Lord dwelling in the midst of Israel was just that—a promise for the future.

Isaiah 37:22
Jeremiah 14:17
Lamentations 2:13

In Zephaniah, we find similar language. The Lord chastises Israel resoundingly for its sins, but then promises through the message of the prophet:
Zephaniah 3:8
Zephaniah 11:13-15
And finally, after urging Israel to repent of their sins, Zechariah also prophesies: Zechariah 2:10

We now fast-forward to Luke 1:28. When Luke records the greeting of the angel, “Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with you!” There are two keys to understanding this text in relation to Mary as the fulfillment of the ancient “daughter of Zion” prophecies.
  1. The Greek word for hail is kaire, which can also be translated rejoice. In fact, the New King James Version of the Bible translates it as, “Rejoice, highly favored one!” Because this “new name”—kecharitomene—is in the feminine, we could also translate it as “Rejoice, favored woman.”
  1. The angel does not say “the Lord shall be with you;” he says, “The Lord is with you.”
Could this hearken back to the prophetic “daughter of Zion” prophecies of old? There is really no biblical way around it. The ancient prayer of Moses was definitively answered in and through what was likely to have been about a fifteen year-old young woman named Mary, and in a way beyond the wildest imaginings of the ancient prophets. Because of her “yes,” after all of those centuries in waiting, God would finally dwell “in the midst of his virgin Daughter of Zion.” There is really no biblical way around it.

Indeed, this verse becomes an excellent example of what Scripture scholars refer to as the polyvalent or multi-layered nature of Scripture. The angel’s greeting not only signals that Mary is “full of grace,” but that she is the true “Daughter of Zion.”

On one level, since she was “full of grace” Mary was the fulfillment of the prophecies concerning the Daughter of Zion even before the Incarnation. And yet, there was more to come. Mary’s fullness of grace had prepared the New Covenant Daughter of Zion for something the Old Covenant people of God could never have fathomed. It was grace that made her fit to be a worthy vessel to bear the King of Glory in her body. The fulfillment of God’s promise would not be complete, then, until Mary conceived Jesus in her womb.

And we should further note that in Isaiah and elsewhere, “the inhabitant of Zion” is also referred to as “the daughter of Zion,” or even “the virgin daughter of Zion.” For example, in Isaiah 37:22, Isaiah prophesies against Assyria, who had conquered Israel: Luke 1:28-35

I suppose an entire volume could be written on the significance of these prophecies. But I will conclude our thoughts here with succinct teaching on the significance of Mary as Daughter of Zion, in whom God promised he would dwell.

The Holy Spirit prepared Mary by his grace. It was fitting that the mother of him in whom “the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily” should herself be “full of grace.” She was, by sheer grace, conceived without sin as the most humble of creatures, the most capable of welcoming the inexpressible gift of the Almighty.

Conclusion: Mary is Catholic in the sense of her universal motherhood AND Jewish in the sense of Daughter of Zion. both/and, not either/or. Jesus is our Brother, that logically makes Mary Our Mother, unless you wish to argue that Christians are not adopted sons and daughters of God.

Revelation 12:17 explains who "the seed of the woman" or offspring of the women are... those who keep God's commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus. (universal motherhood) It doesn't mention anything about belonging only to the Catholic Church. Logically, the seed of the woman are all Christians who keep God's commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.
The woman is
(1) Mary,
(2) the Church
(3) and Israel (Zion)

the polyvalent or multi-layered nature of Scripture.

aa-wings.jpg
That passage refers to Israel in the last days, Mary worship is idolatry!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way that sin can be removed, absolved, forgiven, sent away, however you want to say it . . . if we are to be free from our sins, in any sense, it is because Jesus took our sin on Him, and He died, and those sins, the sin of the world, was carried away by Jesus in His death.

So, the sin I committed as a child, and last year, and this morning, and tomorrow, God forbid!, and a year from now, all of those sins are justified in Christ's death. There is no other act of expiation that removes or otherwise forgives our sins. Only the death of Christ.

All sin is justified in Christ's death, and no sin is justifed outside of Christ's death.

"The one who has died has been justified away from sin" (Romans 6)

More specifically, in Christ's death and resurrection.

Is there any other act or circumstance by which God has dealt with our sins? For instance, I can confess, and ask forgiveness, but those acts don't remove my sins, do they? My sins are removed in Jesus' death, and I'm reconciled to God by Jesus' death, but I receive that reconciliation when I confess my sins, and trust in Him. But confession and trust are empty if Christ is not died and risen again (1 Cor 15).

Your thoughts?

Much love!
I already gave you "my thoughts". What you are saying makes zero sense to me. Neither Scripture or the 2,000 year teaching of Christianity agrees with what you have written.

From whom did you learn this?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That passage refers to Israel in the last days, Mary worship is idolatry!
You are right. If anyone worships (treats her as a deity) Mary that is idolatry. That is what The Catholic Church believes/teaches also. You agree with The Church. Are you Catholic?

Reactions: historyb

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right. If anyone worships (treats her as a deity) Mary that is idolatry. That is what The Catholic Church believes/teaches also. You agree with The Church. Are you Catholic?
Reformed baptist, and MANY Catholics do actually worship and pray unto her like she is a goddess!

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Illuminator-
BreadOf Life-
Marymog-
Mundo-
Any Catholic...

There is nothing in the Bible that says interceding members must have a pulse.

I agree, I do not think the Bible Says interceding members must have a pulse...
Nor even needs to say such.

Isn't it better to follow God's design rather than our own?

Sure.

So then...? Where IS a Teaching or Example in Scripture...

Specifically:
Of a man ON Earth, "WITH a pulse"...communicating (talking to, praying to, asking) ANYTHING...
* of a Soul (that was in a Human)...
And NOW IN Heaven?

PRAY For our Nation,
Taken

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already gave you "my thoughts". What you are saying makes zero sense to me. Neither Scripture or the 2,000 year teaching of Christianity agrees with what you have written.

From whom did you learn this?

Mary

Romans 5
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Do you see another way to deal with sin?

Much love!