Apparitions of the Virgin Mary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that mean?
Read post 46 I have already covered all this.
I do not have a problem with you or your beliefs. So I don't dismiss you.
I call it Fundamentalism, is it a loose term at best.
You think I do not pay attention to you.
Then again if I have missed something, tell something you believe that is not in the Bible.
The Bibles explains the Way to salvation. There are a lot of beliefs out there....Fundamentalism is a safety seat. You cannot hardly go wrong with it.....until you start condemning things you do not know or understand. Best to stay between the covers of the Bible...the fence.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can tell you that you are missing a lot, but that does not mean you are not saved. So stick with Bible…what is wrong with that?
OK, that's kind of what I thought you meant.

Dismissed.

A tolerated but backwards child.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it is a Catholic invention and you are simply in denial (nothing new):

"Elevating Mary with titles such as Mediatrix, Co-redemptrix, Cause of Our Salvation, Most Holy Mother of God, Our Immaculate Lady, and Queen of Heaven cannot help but foster Mariolatry. Singing hymns to Mary, praying to her, kissing her picture, parading her image through the streets, and bowing down before her statue reflect a degree of reverence that certainly imitates idolatry and might as well be called Mariolatry."

What is Mariolatry? | GotQuestions.org
Hi enoch,

Mariolatry (Gr. Μαρία, Mary, and λατρεία, adorations) is the technical term given by the Protestant world to the worship which Romanists render to the Virgin Mary. (Mariolatry from the McClintock and Strong Biblical Cyclopedia.)

The word was recorded from the early 17th century, the term was coined as part of the vocabulary of Protestant polemic. (Mariolatry | Encyclopedia.com).

Soooooooo what I said is true. Are you ready to admit that? Or are you going to still deny it? ;)

Mariolatry is the veneration of the Virgin Mary when it is carried to an idolatrous extreme. If a Catholic is practicing Mariolatry they are doing it AGAINST the teaching of The Church. Just because the titles given to her "foster Mariolatry" in some people that does not mean that The Church condones their action. Have your children ever done anything that you don't condone? :rolleyes:

God had great reverence for Mary, the mother of his son. Jesus had great reverence for his mother. I am willing all the people who walked and talked with her had great reverence for her. Do you?

Mary

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My professor colleague, a skeptical experimental experimental psychologist, was profoundly changed by the miracles he witnessed at Mejdugorje and my lawyer acquaintance saw angelic light beings there. By contrast, Blood Bought and Stan B. seethe with obvious hatred which reflects very badly on their Christian heritage. I doubt that they have experienced any spectacular miracles in their lives and their church. Both of them lack the integrity to watch the posted documentary, so that they might actually know what they're talking about. So it is not worth responding to their vile screed.

Speaking of miracles, Dick (a very bright member of my church) went as a tourist to visit, among other holy sites, the house of the Virgin ary near Ephesus. He went on this tour, despite pain from torn ligaments and bad arthritis in his knee and was scheduled for surgery as soon as he returned. After he walked through Mary's impressive little first-century house atop a mountain, another tourist saw him limping badly and urged him to fill his water bottle with water from the nearby Marian healing spring. There was a spigot in a nearby wall for this purpose. He filled his bottle just to be polite, but didn't believe this nonsense. He was in pain when he returned to his hotel, and so, his wife Mary Ann urged him to pour the water on his knee. Dick replied, 'Why? It's just water!" She retorted, "What do you have to lose?" So he did and felt a little better, but attributed this to a placebo effect.
When he returned home, his knee was immediately operated on by the top orthopedic surgeon in Spokane. When Dick came out of the anesthetic, his surgeon stood at the foot of his bed with an alarmed expression on his face. He said, 'I don't understand it. We had MRIs and X-rays confirming your knee damage. But when he cut you open, we found nothing wrong with your knee. In fact, even your arthritis was gone!" What amazed Dick most was the fact neither he nor his wife believed this Marian stream water could have healing efficacy. He shared his glowing healing testimony in my Methodist church.

Inspired by Dick's testimony, I took a Footsteps of Paul tour of Greece and Turkey and also joined the throngs who visited the house of Mary. even our Muslim guide told us that Mary's spring was useful for healings. We climbed the steps of the mountain and when our turn came to enter the house, the young woman behind me fell prostrate on the floor, overcome with awe and ecstasy as she experienced God's presence in that little house. As for me, I felt a sense of the holy more powerfully there than at any sacred site in Greece or Israel, including the Sea of Galilee and the Garden Tomb during my tour of Israel's holy sites!

I'm surprised that I was the first to give you a "like" for this post. It's kind of sad, actually.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it mean to you to be reconciled to God?

Much love!
What I feel/think about it doesn't matter. It only matter what Scripture says.

After we have professed our faith in Jesus and become regenerated by the Holy Spirit in baptism we, at times, will separate ourselves from God by sinning. It is these times that we are called to be reconciled to God. According to Scripture He has given us the 'ministry of reconciliation' (2 Corinthians 5:18).

So to be reconciled to God is to confess your sins either to Him or the minister who was given that authority (John 20:23).

Peace

Reactions: K9Buck

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
‘holy Mary...Pray for us, sinners now, and at the hour of our death’ not in scripture I’m afraid
In the rosary prayers, What is the ratio of prayers to The Lord and to Mary?

Considering that Mary gave birth to our savior, Jesus Christ, I'd say she's in the top-2 of greatest people to ever walk Earth. I presume she was without sin as I don't believe that God would have put Jesus into a sinful womb. Yea, top-2 of all-time and worthy of adoration and prayer requests.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(1) THE APPARITIONS AT MEDJUGORJE IN BOSNIA

As I've said, I am a Pentecostal Methodist, not a Catholic. But I feel led of God to defend or at least present biblical perspectives on Catholic distinctives in the hope that they can receive a fair hearing. What interests me far more are the major apparitions of the Virgin Mary. Though the RC Church accepts the authenticity of Marian apparitions at Guadaloupe, Fatima, and Lourdes (among other locales), Rome has yet to pronounce on the validity of the more recent apparitions at Medjugorje in Bosnia from 1981 to the present. I have been impressed by the testimonies of very bright acquaintances (e.g. a lawyer and a behavior psychologist) whose lives have been changed by pilgrimages to Medjugorje, sharing in the visions and experiencing miracles while there. Countless millions of pilgrims have now visited the sites of these Bosnian visions. Please watch this BBC video on the origin of these Marian visions and share your reactions:

Medjugorje Documentary - Bing video

For me, the jury is out on these miraculous apparitions at Medjugorje because of the 10 epic secrets revealed by Mary to the children. The children know the dates on which these events will be fulfilled and promise to disclose the exact dates 3 days in advance of their fulfillment. From their remarks, it seems that some of these events are truly apocalyptic!

As for myself, I visited the alleged house of the Virgin Mary atop a majestic little mountain outside of Ephesus in Turkey and I sensed the loving presence of the Holy Spirit there more powerfully than I did in my trips to biblical sites in Greece and Israel. I visited this house during a "Footsteps of St. Paul" tour out of curiosity arising from a spectacular healing miracle experienced there by a highly skeptical Methodist friend who had visited Mary's house previously. I'll share that experience in greater detail in future posts. Please watch the video before you post a reaction!
These visions are just cheap Catholic tricks. The RCC, like Hindu's etc., are into visuals. These visuals are used because the RCC does not feel the Holy Ghost in masses. They work in all these types of religions. The Hindu's really color things up, a step above the RCC.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maryolatry is a Catholic invention. It should be shunned by Bible-believing Christians. And if the RCC has been unable to pronounce the validity since 1981 (about 30 years), then you have a very serious problem.

How is it a "very serious problem" if Catholics have mistakenly attributed a higher level of holiness to the mother of our savior? Will Catholics burn in Hell for such a belief? If not, what will be the serious consequence for those who hold such a mistaken belief?

And what about non-Catholic Christians that have mistaken beliefs? What's going to happen to them?

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And since this happens daily worldwide, you might as well 'fess up. Confession is good for the soul (according to Catholic priests).
Hey dodgeball......are you going to let pride get in your way or are you going to answer my question: Soooooooo what I said is true. Are you ready to admit that? Or are you going to still deny it?

Yes, it does happen (probably) daily worldwide. And ANYONE who does it would be violating Scripture. According to Scripture confession is good for the soul soooo it looks like,
once again, Catholic priests are right. ;)

Patient Mary

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would Mary pray for you? How many people is she praying for? And where do you get that idea from? And why do you call yourself a "sinful soul"? Are you not reborn?

Something else that makes me curious, Mary, is, how do you communicate with those who have passed on? I don't imaging that you have a seance, right?

Much love!

If even one of the many reported apparitions of Mary is true, would you agree that Mary is worthy of adoration and prayer requests? Or is it your view that, if the bible doesn't explicitly support a particular activity, then it cannot be done?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering that Mary gave birth to our savior, Jesus Christ, I'd say she's in the top-2 of greatest people to ever walk Earth. I presume she was without sin as I don't believe that God would have put Jesus into a sinful womb. Yea, top-2 of all-time and worthy of adoration and prayer requests.

Sin is passed on through the man’s (Adam's) seed. This is why Paul said this:

1 Cor 15:20-22--But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.

Mary did not have to be sinless, but Jesus could not have a human father, or He would have been born in sin (with a sin nature), but He was without sin. Of course, if you don't believe in original sin, then you would have a problem with what I'm saying.

Edit: I don't believe that we are to pray to a human being. I believe that only the divine (i.e. God) is to receive our prayers.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These visions are just cheap Catholic tricks. The RCC, like Hindu's etc., are into visuals. These visuals are used because the RCC does not feel the Holy Ghost in masses. They work in all these types of religions. The Hindu's really color things up, a step above the RCC.
It has been reported that Atheist and non-Catholic Christians witnessed the Miracle of the Sun at Fatima. Did the Catholic Church trick them also?

Curious

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it a "very serious problem" if Catholics have mistakenly attributed a higher level of holiness to the mother of our savior? Will Catholics burn in Hell for such a belief? If not, what will be the serious consequence for those who hold such a mistaken belief?

And what about non-Catholic Christians that have mistaken beliefs? What's going to happen to them?
Well put! I never thought of it that way. :rolleyes: