Apparitions of the Virgin Mary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible has a description of how Christ will return. That could be a problem.
Around 700 BC the prophets were taking about a human messiah...a human warlord king messiah.
700 years later they got a peace loving God messiah, it was so different that they did not accept him and instigated His crucifixion.
Now it has been around 2000 years and Christ has not returned, if He does not come back exactly as they expect I am concerned that the Protestants will do as the Jews did and kill Him.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Poor Mary.....she referred to her Son as her Savior.....she had sense enough to know that she was a Sinner who needed a Savior......” ALL have sinned and come short of the Glory Of God” ...... “ There is NO ONE who is righteous— NO ! NOT ONE !”
I would bet good money that the “Real” Mary who is Heaven today worshipping her Son, Jesus ,just like everybody else, is embarrassed by all this “ Mary Worship” Hog-Wash......why not give her a well-deserved Break?

Should Mary be in Hell?

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And since this happens daily worldwide, you might as well 'fess up. Confession is good for the soul (according to Catholic priests).

Perhaps it is helpful that a person can confide with a priest, minister, preacher, etc. in order to receive guidance from one who is, presumably, more spiritually aware and who can, hopefully, help them to get on the right path to God. What's wrong with that?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps it is helpful that a person can confide with a priest, minister, preacher, etc. in order to receive guidance from one who is, presumably, more spiritually aware and who can, hopefully, help them to get on the right path to God. What's wrong with that?
It certainly can be helpful, but NOT required! There are plenty of wise laymen (and women) who can give wise guidance. Wouldn't you agree?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The oldest child that saw Mary in Fatima became a Nun. Are you suggesting that Satan deceived those children into serving God?
You seem to have a lot of faith in what people tell you. Why would you believe someone who prays to Mary? Are you Catholic? Worshiping and praying to Mary are blasphemous!

Last edited:

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is passed on through the man’s (Adam's) seed. This is why Paul said this:

1 Cor 15:20-22--But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.

Mary did not have to be sinless, but Jesus could not have a human father, or He would have been born in sin (with a sin nature), but He was without sin. Of course, if you don't believe in original sin, then you would have a problem with what I'm saying.

Edit: I don't believe that we are to pray to a human being. I believe that only the divine (i.e. God) is to receive our prayers.

We'll know the answer when we're with God, but not before. Everything else is based on faith and interpretations. It's possible that Mary WAS with sin and that God cleansed her. Again, who knows?

Reactions: marks

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We'll know the answer when we're with God, but not before. Everything else is based on faith and interpretations. It's possible that Mary WAS with sin and that God cleansed her. Again, who knows?
I think it's pretty clear. How do you explain what Paul said, that by MAN came death, and he names Adam as the culprit?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya, don't believe in original sin...it is a lie.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps Mary was supernaturally protected from inheriting original sin. Or is it your contention that God put his holy son into an unholy womb?
You seem to know a lot about Catholic beliefs (that she was given special grace....) But i contend that she didn't HAVE to have special grace because sin comes through the man's (Adam's) seed, not the woman's womb.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like Planned Parenthood?
Your comments are getting more bizarre by the minute! I have stood up for the unborn possibly more than anyone on this forum (at least, recently), and I've gotten flack for it from other Christians!

Last edited: