Are all “christians” on forums actually saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
  1. Matthew 3:10
    And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Matthew 7:17
    Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
  3. Matthew 7:18
    A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
  4. Matthew 7:19
    Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
  5. Matthew 12:33
    A Tree Known by Its Fruit
    “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.
Those who keep the WORD and bear fruit with patience, who gave them the good ground? God did. God gives us the new heart. Only they bear good fruit to God

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However the saints persevere in faith. They continue to believe, the one that fall away, and do not believe are not saved. This is not a loss of salvation, those who fall away were never saved, Jesus will tell them, I never knew you.

That is the general consensus on the meaning of His words, but I have found that is not the case.

One does not need to verbally deny Him to be denied by Him. One can be engaged in dead works that deny Him for why He would deny them as being workers of iniquity per your quote from that reference.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

2 Timothy 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

I call your attention to verse 13 in how if we believe not in Him any more; He is faithful for He still abides. Paul goes on to explain by sharing an example of a former believer that would deny Him and yet why they are still called to depart from iniquity because that foundation remains as that seal of adoption does too but at risk of being denied by Him as in left behind to die, when their spirits will be with the Lord awaiting their resurrection after the great tribulation as the damned; the vessels unto dishonor in His House as vessels of wood & earth to serve the King of kings on earth.

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

Note how a wayward believer that departs from that iniquity can be received by Him as that vessel unto honor in His House? So what does that leave the ones that do not depart from iniquity when the Bridegroom comes? They are denied by Him to attend the Marriage Supper in Heaven thus excommunicated & left behind on earth to die to be resurrected after the great tribulation as the vessels unto dishonor in His House. These are the vessels of wood & earth that are in that great House as they will serve the King of kings on earth from all over the world.

This is so because they testify to the power of God in salvation for all those who believe in Him, even in His name.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

This is why in the parable of the ten virgins in Matthew 25:1-13 on how those ten virgins were likened unto that kingdom of heaven, meaning they were the kingdom of heaven, but because five were foolish and were not ready for the Bridegroom, they missed out on that wedding supper IN that kingdom of heaven. The Bridegroom knew them not because they were in iniquity that denies Him for not being ready. That can range from denying they are saved, even though they are in that kingdom of heaven as saved and it can be that because they were out to the market seeking to fill their lamps with oil, is why they were not ready since the wise had oil with them for why they were ready. The foolish can be applied to saved believers in that kingdom of heaven going out to seek to be filled with the Holy Ghost when they are filled since salvation and ready to go.

But the foolish are in that kingdom of heaven regardless, but missed out in being partakers of the firstfruits of the resurrection to live in God's House in their mansions in that City of God in Heaven that will come down after the great tribulation, prepared by Jesus Christ, as living like the angels that never die nor marry. That is why there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth like Esau missing his birthright for a meal but like the prodigal son that gave away his first inheritance for wild living and can never get it back, he is still son & will be welcomed home by the Father.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The foolish virgins, the door leading to the bride and bridegroom was locked and they were excluded.
So no they did not enter into heaven.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Saying the kingdom of heaven is like unto these 10 virgins, does not mean they are included, Christ is explaining what will happen at the judgement, regarding the kingdom of heaven and who gets to enter in.
Anytime Christ says I know you not, then comes them being thrust out of the kingdom into hell where is weeping and gnashing of teeth and fiery torment.
If Christ does not know us, then we are not a part of the family of God.

Matthew 7:22-23
New King James Version
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lifelong_sinner

When you are about to quit the 12 steps, then ask Jesus for help in resting in Him all the time that He will help you to follow Him by leading you away from temptations, providing the escape when you are tempted, not making any provision for the flesh, not think on things that can tempt you, but think on good things, & even help you believe Him to do this when you are doubting.

He had set me free from my covenant with my mouth not to cuss, and freed me from my commitment to make Jesus Lord of my life so that I can rest in Him and His New Covenant to me that He will do this, His work in me, and all He had asked from me is to believe Him.

Now there is only going on to perfection by living that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ by walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son, looking to the author & finisher of our faith , the Lord Jesus Christ, as our Good Shepherd & Friend, to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily in running that race to be received as a vessel unto honor in His House by the Bridegroom when He comes.

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.... 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

I find ceasing to do the best I can in keeping those commitments and relying on Him all the time to help me to follow Him is how I get to know Him & the power of His resurrection when I see myself following Him more than I ever could by doing the best I can. The just truly lives by faith in Him

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Being a part of the New Covenant is all about knowing God and God knowing us.

Matthew 11:27
All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

And that knowing THEM, is up to HIM, not US

Mark 4 The Purpose of Parables.

10 But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. 11 And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables, 12 so that

‘Seeing they may see and not perceive,
And hearing they may hear and not understand;
Lest they should turn,
And their sins be forgiven them.’ ”

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Now there is only going on to perfection by living that reconciled relationship with God through Jesus Christ by walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son, looking to the author & finisher of our faith , the Lord Jesus Christ, as our Good Shepherd & Friend, to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily in running that race to be received as a vessel unto honor in His House by the Bridegroom when He comes.
The word translated “perfect” in Matthew actually means mature, complete, or whole. To be perfect . . . is to make room for growth [and become] mature enough to give ourselves to others. ODB yesterday.

Reactions: Christ4Me

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know this is the opposite of what many people think. But God does not will that all people know Christ.
God only grants that some people come to Christ to be saved, if you think otherwise, then you are not holding to the faith in a good conscience.

61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you? 62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before? 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. 65 And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”

66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more. 67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?”

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The foolish virgins, the door leading to the bride and bridegroom was locked and they were excluded.
So no they did not enter into heaven.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Saying the kingdom of heaven is like unto these 10 virgins, does not mean they are included, Christ is explaining what will happen at the judgement, regarding the kingdom of heaven and who gets to enter in.
Anytime Christ says I know you not, then comes them being thrust out of the kingdom into hell where is weeping and gnashing of teeth and fiery torment.
If Christ does not know us, then we are not a part of the family of God.

Matthew 7:22-23
New King James Version
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Matthew 25:1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

I disagree.

Also, look at who the least in the kingdom of heaven are.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Is that not an iniquity for the least to do that? Sure it is and any iniquity is in fact denying Him for why they become the least in the kingdom of heaven.

That is why there are vessels unto dishonor in His House, vessels of wood & earth that if they do not repent before the Bridegroom comes, they will be left behind as damned as vessels unto dishonor in His House, but they are in that great house as vessels of wood & earth testifying to the power of God in salvation for all who believe in him, even in His name.

2 Timothy 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Anyone that runs that race to obtain salvation are actually denying Him as Savior when they are saved for having believed in the preaching of the cross.

There is only going on to perfection in running that race for the high prize of our calling to be that vessel unto honor in His House which is the eternal glory that comes with our salvation in Christ Jesus

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

You will never see any scripture exposing nor condemning Christians as fake believers, but only correcting them & failing that, excommunicating them and certainly not to have fellowship with those who profess Him and yet live in sin without repentance for why He will help us to withdraw.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do you suppose it is called the mystery of the faith?
1 Timothy 3:8-10
New King James Version

8 Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money, 9 holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience. 10 But let these also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons, being found blameless.

Well even having faith, why some have faith and others are faithless, is a mystery. our individual faith or the lack of belief is according to the will and purpose of God, read Ephesians 1 and Ephesians 2

And we do NOT have the mind of God to be his counselor.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. Matthew 3:10
    And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
  2. Matthew 7:17
    Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
  3. Matthew 7:18
    A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
  4. Matthew 7:19
    Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
  5. Matthew 12:33
    A Tree Known by Its Fruit
    “Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit.
Those who keep the WORD and bear fruit with patience, who gave them the good ground? God did. God gives us the new heart. Only they bear good fruit to God

There are 2 others that had received the seed and did not bear fruit as His disciples, but they still had received the seed & got saved.

Not every saved believer are being taught by His disciples on how to live as His disciples. Life happens to throw them a curve or they lose sight of Him while living their lives in running with the crowd.

But we do need to recognize that it is not about us in what we do or maintain in how we are saved but what He has done for why believers were to take communion in remembrance of Him

We are to run that race to abide in Him & His words to avoid being a castaway when the Bridegroom comes for not being ready; not for not being saved. Jesus Christ is also our hope in being our Good Shepherd & friend in helping us to follow Him as His friend.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 25:1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

I disagree.

Also, look at who the least in the kingdom of heaven are.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Is that not an iniquity for the least to do that? Sure it is and any iniquity is in fact denying Him for why they become the least in the kingdom of heaven.

That is why there are vessels unto dishonor in His House, vessels of wood & earth that if they do not repent before the Bridegroom comes, they will be left behind as damned as vessels unto dishonor in His House, but they are in that great house as vessels of wood & earth testifying to the power of God in salvation for all who believe in him, even in His name.

2 Timothy 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Anyone that runs that race to obtain salvation are actually denying Him as Savior when they are saved for having believed in the preaching of the cross.

There is only going on to perfection in running that race for the high prize of our calling to be that vessel unto honor in His House which is the eternal glory that comes with our salvation in Christ Jesus

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

You will never see any scripture exposing nor condemning Christians as fake believers, but only correcting them & failing that, excommunicating them and certainly not to have fellowship with those who profess Him and yet live in sin without repentance for why He will help us to withdraw.
"Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes,"
Only the elect will be saved, not all are elect.
Either you one of the foreknown to God ELECT, or your not elect to be saved.
We are not first saved then elect, we are elect and then saved.

We are elect according to foreknowledge of God. foreknowledge is knowing what comes before something happens, so before our births God knew His very own elect persons, who will be saved and who will not be saved.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Election of persons is written in the books of heaven before anyone is born or done anything either good or bad.
Some have been chosen to be obedient to Christ and have the forgiveness of their sins.

1 Peter 1:1-3
New International Version
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To God’s elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, 2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood:

Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

Praise to God for a Living Hope
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is the opposite of what many people think. But God does not will that all people know Christ.
God only grants that some people come to Christ to be saved, if you think otherwise, then you are not holding to the faith in a good conscience.

Many are called but few are chosen as ready to attend the Marriage Supper.

61 When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you? 62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before? 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. 64 But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. 65 And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”

66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more. 67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, “Do you also want to go away?”

Since the emphasis in that reference was on the ones that did not believe in Him, then believing in Him is how we are saved.

Whether or not a saved believer is found abiding in Him & His words as His disciples so as not to be cut off as excommunicated from the Marriage Supper in Heaven, is what that Bema Judgment is all about.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

So in spite of being left behind to die as denied by Him, their spirits are saved and will be with the Lord in Heaven to await for the resurrection after the great tribulation.

What that race is all about since it is run by faith by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily to be received as that vessel unto honor in His House.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God never rejects HIS people whom HE foreknew
  1. Romans 8:29
    For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.
  2. Romans 11:2
    God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel:

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes,"
Only the elect will be saved, not all are elect.
Either you one of the foreknown to God ELECT, or your not elect to be saved.
We are not first saved then elect, we are elect and then saved.

We are elect according to foreknowledge of God. foreknowledge is knowing what comes before something happens, so before our births God knew His very own elect persons, who will be saved and who will not be saved.

And from among the saved, He knows who will be ready from those that are not ready, but one thing we should never do is say who is not an elect or not saved les we deny the Lord that bought them.

2 Peter 2:1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

Professing but unrepentant carnal believers or former believers are still His as the scriptures says for He still abides for why we are to call them to depart from iniquity because they have been bought with a price and sealed as His that they better look to Him for help to repent or else.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But obviously, God does not foreknow all people as his own. The ones he does not foreknow, are going to hellfire and will come under judgement.
Those God does not foreknow, God does not cause all things to work for good in their life, they will be abandoned to their fate.
We love God because He loved us first, that is in 1 John.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

1 John 4:18-20
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

19 We love because he first loved us. 20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
    For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.
    God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel:

There are 2 folds of sheep; the ones that follow His voice and the ones that went astray in following a stranger's voice.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. 4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. 5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

There are sheep not of the fold that follows His voice that He must bring because they went astray as they will be of the one fold & one shepherd in literally hearing His voice as their King of kings on earth after their resurrection after the great tribulation.

Matthew 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. 11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But obviously, God does not foreknow all people as his own. The ones he does not foreknow, are going to hellfire and will come under judgement.
Those God does not foreknow, God does not cause all things to work for good in their life, they will be abandoned to their fate.
We love God because He loved us first, that is in 1 John.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

1 John 4:18-20
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

19 We love because he first loved us. 20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.

2 Thessalonians 3:1Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. 4 And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. 5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. 6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7 For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

In spite of being an unreasonable wicked man that have not faith that walketh disorderly and not after the traditions taught of us, we are to withdraw from them but not by treating them as the enemy, but admonish them as brothers because they still are.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No one is rejected if they are abiding in Him & His words; but they are excommunicated if they are not.

John 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

You cannot be cut off unless you were part of the vine. Pruning by Him is to bring more fruit but if resisting correction, then they stop abiding in Him & His words in being fruitful as His disciples.

What does excommunication accomplish?

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

That is what will happen to the church at Thyatira if they do not repent before the Bridegroom comes.

Revelation 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. 20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. 25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

That is why how God judges each believer will be what has been built on that foundation if he defiled the temple of God or not, but the foundation remains but phsyical death is incurred when left behind to die but their spirits are saved because they are still His.

1 Coirnthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.