Are all “christians” on forums actually saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But obviously, God does not foreknow all people as his own. The ones he does not foreknow, are going to hellfire and will come under judgement.
Those God does not foreknow, God does not cause all things to work for good in their life, they will be abandoned to their fate.
We love God because He loved us first, that is in 1 John.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

1 John 4:18-20
18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

19 We love because he first loved us. 20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.

There are two kinds of vessels in His House; the vessels unto honor as vessels of gold & silver and the vessels unto dishonor as vessels of wood & earth. Those who depart from iniquity ae vessels unto honor.

2 Timothy 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

There are those who break even the least of His commandments and teaches others so shall they be called the least in the kingdom of Heaven just as the great are the opposite for they keep His commandments and teaches others. Two kinds of inheritance in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Considering the weeping and gnashing of teeth and the stripes they will get for not being ready, no carnal nor former believer should put this off when they can go before that throne of grace to help them see the truth in His words from the lies in the world to turn to Him & be ready to go.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what was stated above: "i know that i’m not saved because to put it as easily as i can, i dont hate what God hates, and i dont love what God loves. Theres been no change in me, i feel no guilt over any particular sin i do. Do i recognize that i’m a sinner? Yes. But do i feel bad when i willfully, habitually commit a sin? No."

Yes Enoch, I understand what he wrote but, it is the T.U.L.I.P. issue that I believe has him believing he is beyond becoming saved hence, why bother? I lived the same thing at one time years ago. Really thought I was not CHOSEN TO be saved from the foundations. So, whenever I sinned, it was like, oh well, SOMEONE has to go to hell to show His Glory...nothing I can do about it so...meh! But, God did NOT leave me, I left Him because I honestly believed He hated me like He hated Esau.
Getting on my face and crying out to Him with such fervency, a good 8 or 9 years ago broke the lie of Satan and doctrines of men.
Since then, He has done wonderful things in my life that otherwise would not have happened.

God restored my passion for Him, and He can do this for our brother also.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
interesting …never in my 57 years since I was born again have I wondered if I’ve saved.
Have I ever felt cold in my spirit …yes… have I ever been mad at God for something…..yes…

Nancy , trust me my friend , you are saved , never doubt it even when you doubt it! Haha!
x

Lol Helen, I love you! I do believe I am saved, it is just when my mind is being attacked because of certain "a" certain thing that besets me that doubts will slip in as I ask myself: A TRUE Christian would never say or think or do that Nancy, so how can you call yourself a Christian? We know who say's that...and it is NOT God...
I so hope you and Dave are doing well!
xoxo

Reactions: amadeus and Lambano

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can relate.

Salvation is looking to Christ.

Whenever I look away from Christ and focus on myself, I am in the lowest pit of that despair.

Salvation is obtained when having come to & believed in him to be saved.

There is only going on to perfection which is what discipleship in running that race is all about looking to Him to finish His work in us to His glory by helping us to lay aside every weight & sin in walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son to bear fruit & our joy may be full; Hebrews 12:1-2 & 1 John 3:3-9; to avoid being a castaway John 15:1-8 only to be resurrected after the great tribulation as a vessel unto dishonor but still in His House. Bible Gateway passage: 2 Corinthians 5:7-11, 1 Corinthians 3:10-17, 1 Corinthians 5:4-5, Luke 12:40-49 - King James Version

The abundant life in Christ is looking to Christ, trusting Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd & Friend to help us to follow Him for why little children are free to come to him for all they can do is trust the Lord at His word as we can only live this reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ

Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is obtained when having come to & believed in him to be saved.

There is only going on to perfection which is what discipleship in running that race is all about looking to Him to finish His work in us to His glory by helping us to lay aside every weight & sin in walking in the light in fellowship with the Father & the Son to bear fruit & our joy may be full; Hebrews 12:1-2 & 1 John 3:3-9; to avoid being a castaway John 15:1-8 only to be resurrected after the great tribulation as a vessel unto dishonor but still in His House. Bible Gateway passage: 2 Corinthians 5:7-11, 1 Corinthians 3:10-17, 1 Corinthians 5:4-5, Luke 12:40-49 - King James Version

The abundant life in Christ is looking to Christ, trusting Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd & Friend to help us to follow Him for why little children are free to come to him for all they can do is trust the Lord at His word as we can only live this reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ

"only to be resurrected after the great tribulation as a vessel unto dishonor but still in His House."

It is sad their are some (one of my brothers is one...) who are just fine with slipping into the Kingdom by the skin of their noses...just fine being a vessel of dishonor, as long as they "make it"...NOT everyone will be treated the same...

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe about everything CARM says but in regards to this video, I am in agreement. Although the video address water baptism as not necessary for salvation, but he does addresses how Abraham was justified before God and thus can be applied to how we are justified by God for having believed in Him.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
interesting …never in my 57 years since I was born again have I wondered if I’ve saved.
Have I ever felt cold in my spirit …yes… have I ever been mad at God for something…..yes…

Nancy , trust me my friend , you are saved , never doubt it even when you doubt it! Haha!
x
Same here Helen. Blessed Assurance Jesus is mine.

Reactions: Lambano

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"only to be resurrected after the great tribulation as a vessel unto dishonor but still in His House."

It is sad their are some (one of my brothers is one...) who are just fine with slipping into the Kingdom by the skin of their noses...just fine being a vessel of dishonor, as long as they "make it"...NOT everyone will be treated the same...

I will pray for your brother that the Lord will help him to see that he will regret that like the prodigal son will, for missing out on the rapture the firstfruits of the resurrection, for there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth like Esau did over giving up his birthright for a meal. May he be led to repent by the Lord before the Bridegroom comes.

Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will pray for your brother that the Lord will help him to see that he will regret that like the prodigal son will, for missing out on the rapture the firstfruits of the resurrection, for there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth like Esau did over giving up his birthright for a meal. May he be led to repent by the Lord before the Bridegroom comes.
Thank you brother, he needs lot's of prayer. We all do, but I am truly concerned for him..

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the most confusing aspects about “christians” and forums like this one and others, is unless a person admits to being an atheist or something similar, everyone freely admits to being saved. Like everyone just knows and has all this assurance of their salvation. And then i come along.

I KNOW i’m not saved. But i find it strange that, am i really the only one who believes in God, yet isnt saved and freely admits it??

now, please dont misinterpret what i’m saying, i’m not calling anyone’s salvation into question, nor am i trying to create doubt in anyone. But does anyone believe in false conversions anymore? I guess what i’m asking, is where does everyone get all this assurance from? I have to assume i’m not the only unsaved person on this forum simply because i do believe false conversions are a true pandemic today. Do you find it scary to be able to admit to yourself that you may not be saved? I guess i’d rather know now, rather than find out later on.
The talk of "being saved" was somewhat foreign to me, as it was never anything I heard people talk about very much in church. I don't doubt that people are saved. What I think they need to understand is that saved, or not, life can be very painful if we don't live it the way the Lord told us to live it.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the most confusing aspects about “christians” and forums like this one and others, is unless a person admits to being an atheist or something similar, everyone freely admits to being saved. Like everyone just knows and has all this assurance of their salvation. And then i come along.

I KNOW i’m not saved. But i find it strange that, am i really the only one who believes in God, yet isnt saved and freely admits it??

now, please dont misinterpret what i’m saying, i’m not calling anyone’s salvation into question, nor am i trying to create doubt in anyone. But does anyone believe in false conversions anymore? I guess what i’m asking, is where does everyone get all this assurance from? I have to assume i’m not the only unsaved person on this forum simply because i do believe false conversions are a true pandemic today. Do you find it scary to be able to admit to yourself that you may not be saved? I guess i’d rather know now, rather than find out later on.

Why stop at this forum?
I think God knows who are saved. The rest of us can only do what we're led to do in believing we are. I think for some it is a deep feeling that we're more secure than we were before we entered the fold.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The talk of "being saved" was somewhat foreign to me, as it was never anything I heard people talk about very much in church. I don't doubt that people are saved. What I think they need to understand is that saved, or not, life can be very painful if we don't live it the way the Lord told us to live it.

I have found that I need His help daily in living it by faith in Jesus Christ to help me to live as His friend.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Philippians 4:12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

I remember when I was a tot that I was envious of Enoch as being God's friend for how he walked with God, because I wanted to be God's friend too.

Since He is in us and with us always, Jesus Christ having saved us is more than just our Saviour for He is our Friend to help us walk through this valley of death to fear no evil since He is with us always.

Reactions: Bob Estey

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i also am the kind of person who wants the truth, now, regardless of despair.
But, do you "Keep the despair" because of?:
I had no clue it could be so hard to get saved, i guess i’m still
looking for the answer to the question of how does one get saved.
Are you looking for The Difficult, or, the simple answer?:

Acts_20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks,
repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

repentance?: Do i recognize that i’m a sinner? You say yes, so, do you
agree With God That your "sin is WRONG and has offended Him"? Do
you know there is a ETERNAL Death Penalty for sin? If so, this is the
"first HALF" of being saved.

The Other HALF? "faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ" =

belief/trust/faith In Him, His ALL-Sufficient Death, Burial, And
Resurrection, According To The Scriptures, for ETERNAL Life!

Believing What God Says is Difficult pride or simple humility? Notice:

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee,
and the other a publican.

Difficult PRIDE!:

Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank
thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or
even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

simple humility!:

Luk 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes
unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God Be Merciful To me a sinner.
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the
other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth
himself shall be exalted.

GRACE, Mercy, And Peace from The LORD JESUS CHRIST!

Please, simply believe HIM, And HIS Word Of Truth, Today, ok?

God's Simple Will!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not the only one. I distinctly avoid calling myself a Christian in any discussion because i know i haven't met all the requirements to call myself a true Christian in good conscience. When i get baptized again, i want it to be done by someone who is actually qualified to do it by the biblical standard this time. Until then, i will simply do my best to believe and practice what the Bible says.

As to why most professing Christians presume they are actual Christians and are saved, it's because they follow their own standards of what constitutes true conversion and not the biblical standard. People tend to declare themselves to be Christians simply because they want their opinions to be viewed as authoritative. If they were to outwardly admit that they are not a Christian by the biblical standard of conversion, they're afraid that their opinions would hold significantly less weight in a discussion. I can guarantee you that at least most people who boldly declare they are Christians are lying to themselves and other people.
And how do you know? You can't know that.