Are Doctrines affected by Modern Versions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wrote what I wrote what possible is there to clarify. I was with Christ when He was on the Cross, what else could it possibly mean.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Gessh man read the post, are you here just to stir or what. Or is it that you will tell me that is impossible.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'll take that as a yes. In which case, I think you are delusional. It is clear you are grounded in fantasy, not reality and definitely not Scripture. You have a Jesus of your own making.
Like I said you are p[laying games. Remember this bit

Act_5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

you have just denied God and His power. Like I said you are playing games. The devil seeks to who he can destroy and he has many friends. I know his handy work thats why I knew where this was going, so many deny Christ over and over again.

It is not me you called delusional but God.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said you are p[laying games. Remember this bit

Act_5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

you have just denied God and His power. Like I said you are playing games. The devil seeks to who he can destroy and he has many friends. I know his handy work thats why I knew where this was going, so many deny Christ over and over again.

It is not me you called delusional but God.

God doesn't transport people back into time. He gave us the Scriptures. You are acting outside of His prescribed way of bringing people to Christ in this age. So no, it didn't happen. Not really. You had a fantasy. A made up story, perhaps a dream. But not real.

That's not me playing games. What you are teaching is dangerous. It is of the devil.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God doesn't transport people back into time. He gave us the Scriptures. You are acting outside of His prescribed way of bringing people to Christ in this age. So no, it didn't happen. Not really. You had a fantasy. A made up story, perhaps a dream. But not real.

That's not me playing games. What you are teaching is dangerous. It is of the devil.
You would not know you dont beleieve anything it is you denying His power. Even John went into the future. So ignorant.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Something to do with

Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

and

Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In both the OT and the NT there are stories of people who were involved in seemingly impossible experiences. If one of those people were to stand before us today and we did not know what was written in scriptures would we believer them when they testified to us? Why do we believe anything that is written in the Bible?

There are people today, such as our friend, @mjrhealth who witness to us of their personal experiences, which according to most unbelievers people are impossible. Some, may be, as you say, fantasizing but I have seen, heard and experienced too many things to arbitrarily reject everything outside my own personal experience. Again, why do we believe anything written in the Bible?

We say we live by faith but then reject anything that cannot be proven by the scientific method? or sensed by the 5 natural senses of men?

What is faith? According to Paul's writing?

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

Or according to Jesus?

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed" John 20:29

Has God never performed in your own life, what you would describe as a miracle?
Are you not one of His sheep hearing His voice?

On what scriptural basis do you decide that the testified experience of @mjrhealth is of the devil?

If everyone bearing the "Christian" label goes that way, who among us will ever be like Him? If we cannot see something because the two physical orbs in the front of our physical head cannot see it, does it therefore not exist? How do we see God? How do we see Jesus?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't transport people back into time. He gave us the Scriptures.
Yes, He gave us the scriptures, but if we ignore what is written, what do those things written mean to us?

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

You surely are not saying that God cannot allow Himself to be seen by a man's physical eyes, if He so chooses?
You surely are not saying that God cannot show a man what happened in the past or the future if He so chooses?
What is God? Is He not omnipotent? Is He not omnipresent? Is He not omniscient? He has limited Himself with men according to how much we will believe and according to what we will do based on what we believe... but the limit is always in us... not in Him! Are you not saying that our faith, our belief in the power of God is powerless because God is powerless?

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy
Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." II Tim 3:1-5

Surely you don't want to place yourself in that final group which I underlined? What they did in the OT we can do now, but it is surely the wrong way to God...

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

You are acting outside of His prescribed way of bringing people to Christ in this age. So no, it didn't happen. Not really. You had a fantasy. A made up story, perhaps a dream. But not real.

Where are the scriptures which prescribe His Way to Christ which say He cannot talk to a person personally or even transport a person personally? Where are the scriptures which confirm it must be of the devil when someone testifies outside certain guidelines?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where are the scriptures which prescribe His Way to Christ which say He cannot talk to a person personally or even transport a person personally? Where are the scriptures which confirm it must be of the devil when someone testifies outside certain guidelines?
Revelation, do not add to these words.
As far as Christ, faith comes by hearing, hearing comes by the Word of God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because it is outside of how God interacts with us today based on Scripture.
What scripture says that? Is our God so limited as that? Does every believer need to personally see and handle the nail prints in Jesus' hand and feet? No, but some like Thomas may? Some few God show something different to let people know that He can.

"Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me." John 21:22

God wants us to come to Him and to love Him without expectation of special reward, but sometimes He will reward us anyway. If you are not a recipient of what another received will you then deny God?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God said if a man saw him with his own eyes he would die.
Speaking of the unchanged, unrenewed eyes of flesh, the eyes of a dead man... Indeed to Moses He said this:

"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live." Ex 33:20
Even Moses was still dead awaiting the Life Jesus was to bring!

To us He said this:

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

When is then? Where does one obtain the eyes to see?

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev 3:18

Whence cometh this eye salve?

"For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Matt 13:15

"And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly." Mark 8:23-25

A little bit of dirt and the water that Jesus provides based on...? Are we not the dirt? [Gen 2:7]

"Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water." John 4:10

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matt 7:7

You see, even Moses was a dead man, but Jesus brought very abundant Life and that same eye salve! We call it the Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit or the Living Water!

Who is now blind among the Living?