Are Jehovah’s Witness Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So this is why I believe that this is a correct order to be saved:
1) believe
2) repent
3) be baptized by full immersion in water
4) receive the Hoy Spirit

Well, lets get the order right.

You hear the Gospel, and you REPENT OF YOUR Unbelief.
See that?
Let me explain. The reason a person is going to hell is because they dont BELIEVE.
John 3:36.

So, you "repent", of this unbelief, as those JEWS did, in Acts 2:34-38, and what does that mean?
It means that they now BELIEVE in Christ. = repent from unbelief .
At the moment each of those 3000 BELIEVED, God Saved them with the Blood of Jesus and gave them "the gift of Righteousness".
This is : Justification by Faith or by "BELIEVING"

Then, you get in the water.
AFTER you have BELIEVED and are born again.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
MY neighbor says yes they are, however he as a Jehovah does not believe that Jesus is the son of God. Now I do not care what he believes, however I fail to see how a Christian would not accept and acknowledge the risen Christ.

Not trying to flame any JW's but Catholics, Baptist, Protestants and every other Christian denomination that I know all see Christ as the son of God

So. Are Jehovah’s Witness Christians?

Jehovah's Witnesses are a form of The Catholic denomination, and the Catholics are a form of Jehovah's Witness's religion.

Both teach that water is the main thing, that water causes the spiritual rebirth, (baptismal regeneration) as found in a demonic bible (John 3), Douay Rheims version, and without water, water, water, water, water, water, water, water water water, , there is no Salvation.

A.) WATER CULTS : teach that water is the spiritual force of literal regeneration of the Spirit.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand there are >30K Christian denominations. If they identify as Christian, that’s good enough for me.

The problem, once again is trinitarianism. Trinitarians are hostile in the extreme to non-trinitarian Christians.

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah's Witnesses believe that:
  • God the Father (whose name is Jehovah) is "the only true God".
  • Jesus Christ is his firstborn son, is inferior to God, and was created by God.
  • The Holy Spirit is not a person; it is God's active force.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To Behold:
It says in Acts that as soon as they believed they asked Peter what they should do. Peter did not say, "you are saved with the Blood of Jesus and you have the "gift of Righteousness". But what he did say was "repent, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
Now Peter has given us the true order.

Remember from John 3 that Jesus said in order to be born again there are 2 componants. 1) born of the water, and 2) born of the spirit.
Peter said the same thing. Ater you repent of non-belief, 1)be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, 2) then you receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

We also see this order later on, when the apostles go out and baptize.
See Acts 2:38, Acts 8: 12-18, and Acts 19:1-6. You will see that the gift of the Holy Ghost is done by the laying on of hands, after baptism by full immersion.

Baptism is not just an outward sign that you are a Christian. Baptism is symbolic of becoming a son or daughter of God and becoming a member of Christs church. The symbolism is that the water = a grave, where your old man and your sins are layed to rest. When you come up out of the water, it is a symbol of cleanliness. Your sins are left in the watery grave and you are a new child clean and fresh. With this clean and refreshed, and sinless body, you receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and with the Holy Ghost indwelling in you, you are ready to go out and witness that Jesus is our Savior, grace abounds, and you are ready to serve Jesus in all things. So don't think that baptism is some insignificant thing, it is an important step on your salvation. Baptism alone does not save you, Jesus saves, but if you do not follow his example and are not baptized, Jesus will not save you. So I am glad you were baptized.[/QUOTE]

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah's Witnesses believe that:
  • God the Father (whose name is Jehovah) is "the only true God".
  • Jesus Christ is his firstborn son, is inferior to God, and was created by God.
  • The Holy Spirit is not a person; it is God's active force.
Did JW's Jesus come to earth to save men? Was he the Redeemer? Was he resurrected? What happened to him after his resurrecton? Will he come a second time? Thanks for your answers.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand there are >30K Christian denominations. If they identify as Christian, that’s good enough for me.

The problem, once again is trinitarianism. Trinitarians are hostile in the extreme to non-trinitarian Christians.
Believe me this is not true of all trinitarians. I have met quite of over the years who are very understanding and loving in spite of our differences.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
To Behold:
It says in Acts that as soon as they believed they asked Peter what they should do. Peter did not say, "you are saved with the Blood of Jesus and you have the "gift of Righteousness". But what he did say was "repent,.

Yes, as i have explained to quite a few of you now.
And as i'll do it more again, when i post a Thread Today..= "How God did it ALL".
Be sure you read it. It'll help you and anyone who is caught up in a water cult.

So, I was not around yesterday after about 6am, to respond to you, so.... im here now.

"REPENT", in Acts 2, is not "repent and get dunked" as John the Baptist was doing to the House of Israel.
Jesus is now DEAD and RESURRECTED, by ACTS 2, and so we are in the NEW TESTAMENT Now and RULES HAVE CHANGED.
See, that water dunking was required BEFORE THE NEW TESTAMENT, similar to the killing of the Justification animal.
It was a sort of , "till the next time" we do it.
This means that in the OT, you have no "one time sacrifice for all".... No Jesus yet slain.
So, the OT repenting, was,... confessing you are a sinner,..(dunk) .Yet that didnt resolve your sin......You just repented of being what you were, till the next time you did it again.....and nothing really changed as there was no ETERNAL SACRIFICE for the sin of the World yet given.
John 3:16 is not found in John The Baptist's Water OLD TESTAMENT ritual.

But Peter explained to those 3000 that their Messiah had come, (time of Gentiles) the eternal sacrifice, and they had killed their Messiah, and to repent of their unbelief, so that their Faith, could become.. ="Abraham BELIEVED GOD, and it was counted to him, (charged to him) as RIGHTEOUSNESS".

So, the 3000 that BELIEVED that day, had REPENTED OF THEIR UNBELIEF, and that caused God to give them the new birth.
= "faith is counted AS Righteousness".
= "Grace THROUGH FAITH".
= "Justification BY faith". IN the "time of the Gentiles"...You give God your faith, and God gives you "Justification BY faith". "The Gift of Righteousness".

In Acts 2....3000 Repented of their unbelief, and God saved them with the Blood of Jesus, instantly and eternally. (Justification by faith)
Same as He does it today.
Following the new birth they were put in the water.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe me this is not true of all trinitarians. I have met quite of over the years who are very understanding and loving in spite of our differences.
Here's one.

I used to really get my back up over at CF when people who called themselves "Seventh-day Adventists" would slyly intimate that the Holy Spirit was a non-personal force. I somehow thought that was a particularly egregious heresy. It seems like it would be, hypothetically speaking, to deny that a part of God Himself even exists. But I have, within the past six months, heard some lecturing about the issue being tentatively non-essential, given the lack of strong evidence in scripture. I believe God keeps many things ambiguous in His Word to reveal those who would deem themselves omniscient, juxtaposed with those who are teachable. :)

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...I believe God keeps many things ambiguous in His Word to reveal those who would deem themselves omniscient, juxtaposed with those who are teachable. :)
For me, a better measure than our personal ideas regarding the nature of God or the Godhead... of where people are in God is love or charity as described here:

"Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." I Cor. 13:4-7

I grew up Catholic and therefore trinitarian although it was simply something the nuns taught us using a chart with a picture of a three-leaf clover. I simply believed what I was taught because they told that was how it was. During those Catholic years until I graduated from high school I never questioned it. I never met a person who questioned it. I never attended any other churches either.

After 15 years away from formal Catholicism and anything else, God drew me to Him through a wonderful family who were deep into Oneness Jesus Only. That is where I went when I began to read and learn what was in the Bible. I left after 11 years, but I was then more concerned with the nature of God, be He... One Only, Duality or a Trinity or something else...?

From then [1987] until now I have sifted the scriptures and argued and discussed this thing [Godhead] repeatedly, but now I also see this purposeful ambiguity imposed by God Himself to try the love/charity of people in how they deal with others on the other side of that question and other controversial questions among followers of Christ.

Last edited: