Are Jehovah's witnesses real Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jehovah's witnesses believe they are real Christians.
Since Jehovah's Witnesses reject the deity of Christ and the Trinity they cannot claim to be "real" Christians. The "doctrine of Christ" is the key to separate real Christians from those who claim to be Christians. See the second epistle of John.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of denominations out there, but you are not going to find a Jehovah Baptist, or a Jehovah Pentecost. There is a reason for that. Christians have a tendency to focus on Christ, as the name implies.

The Jehovah’s witnesses focus on a god named Jehovah…..which is funny that they do not know God Father’s name….since their religion is all about God the Father. The fact is that there is no person, place, or thing that starts with J in scriptures, it is all Y’s. And they pretend that they know the scriptures.

Yahwists would be a better name for them, because…..

The Jews are monotheistic….believing in one God….they do not believe in hell….they do not celebrate Christian holidays and the do not require Christian weddings.

The same is true of Jehovah’s Witnesses…

Their religion focuses on Yahweh and de-emphasis Yeshua….Just a man, a prophet, not a God. So they only have one God in there beliefs…. they do not believe in hell….they do not celebrate Christian holidays and the do not require Christian weddings.

So they are more Jewish than Christian. They could call themselves Yahwists. The Old Testament told of a human Messiah, so they could call themselves Messianic Jews or Messianic Yahwists.

But calling them Christians would just be wrong.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
from post #22 above:

"The Jehovah’s witnesses focus on a god named Jehovah…..which is funny that they do not know God Father’s name….since their religion is all about God the Father. The fact is that there is no person, place, or thing that starts with J in scriptures, it is all Y’s. And they pretend that they know the scriptures.

"Yahwists would be a better name for them"

Most 'Christian' religions focus on a God named Jesus .... which is funny that they do not know the Son of God's name .... since their religion is all about the Son of God. The fact is that there is no person, place, or thing that starts with J in scriptures, it is all Y's. And they pretend to know scriptures.

"Yeshuists would be a better name for them"

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another JW bashing thread!

You seem to possess a real divisive Spirit lately. JW’s say they are Christian. They read the Bible. That’s good enough for me.

I generally take people’s word on this subject.

Agreed! There is not a doctrinal purity test to be saved. I don’t believe it is righteous to judge a denomination based on the doctrines they focus on.

I believe the proper purview of the question, ‘Are you a (real) Christian?’ applies only at the individual level.

If you cannot recognize the distinction of God's people, Mal 3:18, then who do you preach to?
No, Jesus stated very clearly we would recognize his disciples, and yes we do know our brothers and sisters. While I hope you are right, and God accepts people of all faiths, that has no scriptural support, in fact quite the opposite.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Jehovah's Witnesses reject the deity of Christ and the Trinity they cannot claim to be "real" Christians. The "doctrine of Christ" is the key to separate real Christians from those who claim to be Christians. See the second epistle of John.

Thanks Enoch, who is the God of Jesus, and who did Jesus say we are to worship exclusively? Would not real Christians be obedient to his teachings sir?

Reactions: Wrangler

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then I suggest you would have something to say about him......the saying of which makes searchers for truth eyes go wide.

Get serious sir, I have been posting here for quite some time now, do you have a tabulation of the number of times I have spoken about Jesus? Sometimes people amaze me. You see when you want to mislead someone through lies, it is impossible to do when everything is in writing. You simply expose yourself.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you post evidence At?
Yes.
The real question is “what purpose would be served by doing so?”
Would any JW seriously reconsider the deity of Christ?
Would any Christian seriously consider accepting those that reject Jesus as LORD (like JW and Muslims) as being Christians?
Since neither side is interested in changing beliefs, nothing but confusion can be gained by changing the definition of terms like “Christian”.

Reactions: marks

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Get serious sir, I have been posting here for quite some time now, do you have a tabulation of the number of times I have spoken about Jesus? Sometimes people amaze me. You see when you want to mislead someone through lies, it is impossible to do when everything is in writing. You simply expose yourself.

The flavour of knowing is one unknown to religious yada yada......yet they know it not.......just like Paul prior to the road to Damascus.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.
The real question is “what purpose would be served by doing so?”
Would any JW seriously reconsider the deity of Christ?
Would any Christian seriously consider accepting those that reject Jesus as LORD (like JW and Muslims) as being Christians?
Since neither side is interested in changing beliefs, nothing but confusion can be gained by changing the definition of terms like “Christian”.

The door is not shut yet sir. I am always glad to reason on Scripture. I can tell you point blank, that Jesus is not God, so if you think you can present evidence to support that, you will not be able to AT.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
MANY WILL FIND THE WAY TO DESTRUCTION FOR IT IS WIDE AND LESS CONSTRAINED !

FEW WILL FIND THE WAY TO RIGHTEOUSNESS FOR IT IS NARROW AND THE ENEMY OF GOD RAGES AGAIST THOSE ON THIS PATH !

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The door is not shut yet sir. I am always glad to reason on Scripture. I can tell you point blank, that Jesus is not God, so if you think you can present evidence to support that, you will not be able to AT.
... and my point is made with an exclamation point! ;)
I am in your debt.
I could not have proven the futility of the debate better myself.

(For the sake of those playing along on the HOME EDITION of "Is Jesus God?" ... all of the native speakers in the crowd that heard EXACTLY what Jesus said and collected stones to kill Jesus for claiming equality with God disagree with JW conclusion and scholarship of their language. One is free to doubt that Jesus IS GOD, but one cannot honestly doubt that Jesus CLAIMED TO BE God.)

Reactions: marks

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... and my point is made with an exclamation point! ;)
I am in your debt.
I could not have proven the futility of the debate better myself.

(For the sake of those playing along on the HOME EDITION of "Is Jesus God?" ... all of the native speakers in the crowd that heard EXACTLY what Jesus said and collected stones to kill Jesus for claiming equality with God disagree with JW conclusion and scholarship of their language. One is free to doubt that Jesus IS GOD, but one cannot honestly doubt that Jesus CLAIMED TO BE God.)

Jesus never claimed to be God or even equal to God. You are dangerously mistaken.

Reactions: JohnPaul

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus never claimed to be God or even equal to God. You are dangerously mistaken.
As I said, the Jews that wanted to stone Him disagree with you.
For that matter, so does the Apostle John who parallels Christ with Genesis 1:1.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are Jehovah's witnesses real Christians?
Real Christians, hmmmmm. Let's define some hoops to jump through!

Status
Not open for further replies.