Are Jehovah's witnesses real Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I understand why you would find it hard for people to understand the simplest of words Robert.

Satan:

4th highest being in the universe.
the highest created being.
the anointed cherub who covered the throne
the serpent of Gen.
the dragon of rev.
the god of this world
the deceiver of the brethren
the angel of light

He is a being not an idea

I agree with much of that Ron, but I believe Jesus is a tad bit higher in position and authority, don't you sir?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1822 a Greek scholar( A.Kneeland) translated the NT, comparing Greek to English side by side to prove to the world-a god was correct-19 other translations had a god, 3 had was divine-Rejected by trinity clergy because the truth exposes them as false religion.

Sorry but someone has lied to you. IN 1822 there was not 19 other translations.

Also A. Kneeland was not a Greek Scholar. In nine bios onhim online there is not one mention of any training in Greek. But thanks for playing.

Adding an indefinte article to an anarthrous noun (any noun which does not have a definite article attached) has to be done only when required!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 6:33 proves trinity religions are false, as are their translations.

Nice try but no! Heaven is the Kingdom of the Father. Earth will be teh kingdom of Jesus when He physically returns as per REv. 19.

Once again you appear to intentionally confuse power and authority with essence or nature.

I have no problems with accepting the truth that the Father is superior to the son in authority and position. but I also accept teh fact that jesus is equal to His father in nature- which is God!

Teh Father is THE God(individual person) but Father Son and Spirit are God (nature or essence)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What hope do we have then Ron? Best research why your version states conflicting statements. You do realize what your version states about what happens to those who do not know God upon Jesus' return, correct?

Yep and I do. It is best you research why the New World MIstranslation, is just that a mistranslation.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me, as I know of no version that says that.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Now are you going to nit pick and say it dsoesn't say exactly what I wrote?

Transliteration
hyperypsoō ὑπέρ (G5228) and ὑψόω (G5312)
Greek Inflections of ὑπερυψόω ὑπερύψωσεν — 1x
Dictionary Aids
Vine's Expository Dictionary: highly exalt (1x).
Outline of Biblical Usage G5228 and G5312; to elevate above others, i.e. raise to the highest position:—highly exalt.
Thayer's Greek Lexicon Philippians 2:9; passive, Psalm 96:9 (Ps. 97:9).
b. to extol most highly: Song of the Three etc. 28ff; Daniel 3:34 (Daniel 4:34), Theod..
c. passive, to be lifted up with pride, exalted beyond measure; to carry oneself loftily: Psalm 36:35 (Ps. 37:35). (Ecclesiastical and Byzantine writings.)

Me thinks it is safe to say the Father was pleased to give HIm a name above all names including YHWH!!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me thinks it is safe to say the Father was pleased to give HIm a name above all names including YHWH!!
This has to be the most unsafe supposition ever made!

God explicitly excepted himself when it was said ‘all things’ are subject to Jesus. You suppose he is implicitly renouncing his (singular) claim to all glory in who’s name is greatest, YHWH (who is Jesus’ Father) or the son of YHWH?

Wow!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has to be the most unsafe supposition ever made!

God explicitly excepted himself when it was said ‘all things’ are subject to Jesus. You suppose he is implicitly renouncing his (singular) claim to all glory in who’s name is greatest, YHWH (who is Jesus’ Father) or the son of YHWH?

Wow!

Psalms 138:2 KJV
2) I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 138:2 KJV
2) I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Much love!
OT Psalms is referring to YHWH, not his servant, right?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meditate on the verse . . .

Jesus = YHWH

Much love!
LOL A trinitarian invention, nowhere to be found in Scripture.

It begs the question of who was Jesus praying to, who sent YHWH, told him what to say and how to say it? Who is greater than YHWH? Who knows more than YHWH? Who did YHWH submit to? And who raised YHWH from the dead?

proxy-image

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but someone has lied to you. IN 1822 there was not 19 other translations.

Also A. Kneeland was not a Greek Scholar. In nine bios onhim online there is not one mention of any training in Greek. But thanks for playing.

Adding an indefinte article to an anarthrous noun (any noun which does not have a definite article attached) has to be done only when required!

I didnt say the other 19 were in 1822-I said MR Kneelands was 1822--Would be impossible to write the bible in Greek and compare it to English if one wasnt a Greek scholar.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice try but no! Heaven is the Kingdom of the Father. Earth will be teh kingdom of Jesus when He physically returns as per REv. 19.

Once again you appear to intentionally confuse power and authority with essence or nature.

I have no problems with accepting the truth that the Father is superior to the son in authority and position. but I also accept teh fact that jesus is equal to His father in nature- which is God!

Teh Father is THE God(individual person) but Father Son and Spirit are God (nature or essence)

You will find out different. Jesus has a God--God does not have a God. If Jesus were God he already had all authority, but someone superior=his God gave him all authority, His God gave him the name above other names or its clear at Heb 1:4 that he is only above the angels because God gave him the name above others. Psalm 45:7--Jesus has a God-Partners= angels. But he as well must hand back the kingdom to his God and Father and subject himself=Forever-1Cor 15:24-28)-God is in subjection to no one. Your translations are filled with contradictory errors.

Reactions: Wrangler

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Now are you going to nit pick and say it dsoesn't say exactly what I wrote?

Transliteration
hyperypsoō ὑπέρ (G5228) and ὑψόω (G5312)
Greek Inflections of ὑπερυψόω ὑπερύψωσεν — 1x
Dictionary Aids
Vine's Expository Dictionary: highly exalt (1x).
Outline of Biblical Usage G5228 and G5312; to elevate above others, i.e. raise to the highest position:—highly exalt.
Thayer's Greek Lexicon Philippians 2:9; passive, Psalm 96:9 (Ps. 97:9).
b. to extol most highly: Song of the Three etc. 28ff; Daniel 3:34 (Daniel 4:34), Theod..
c. passive, to be lifted up with pride, exalted beyond measure; to carry oneself loftily: Psalm 36:35 (Ps. 37:35). (Ecclesiastical and Byzantine writings.)

As long as you ignore the verse I posted sir, you are quite correct, his name is not above Jehovah's, nor is his authority as we agree on.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
than Satan? Of course.

there is Father , Som, anmd Holy Spirit , then Satan. Jesus was not created!

The Bible says he was, and of course I believe it sir. All spirit creatures with the exception of Jehovah was created, and Adam and Eve were created as well.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would then you give me a brief synopsis then? Just short sentences expalining what part of the seder and which bread and wine Jesus took!

Jesus and his apostles gathered for the passover, and after they had observed the passover meal, Jesus instituted something different, he gave some unleavened bread to his apostles, and said they symbolized his body which was to be given in their behalf, and then the wine, which represented his blood. He told them to continue to observe that. He then made a covenant with them, and became the passover for us Christians from that point on.

Status
Not open for further replies.