Are Jehovah's witnesses real Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any that follow the society, the pope, any so called prophets or prophetess' rather than what God says in his word are NOT true believers.

Any that re-write God's word to suit themselves and their particular cult are not followers of God but man.

It's like ppl are under the Mafia. Crime Lord's demand respect of their rules or you DIE.........PPL BELIEVE THIS !

Just bc someone doesn't believe what God says about ALL things he has created and HIS plan DOES NOT mean they will not receive the consequences.

Now don't tell me any nonsense about oh but we do believe and OBEY, we both know better!

Most fail to see Gods view of a cult. It is- A house divided( 41,000 trinity religions) will not stand. They fail this true mark 100%-1Cor 1:10--Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division) -- no division= simple bible milk, yet those 41,000 religions cannot seem to understand it. Because they are in darkness.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus never called God 'Jehovah', he called him "Father", and he said we should too, e.g.- "Our Father which art in heaven".
After all, children don't call their fathers by their christian names do they?
So calling God 'Jehovah' is to disrespect him, making JW's candidates for-

View attachment 27536
You are mistaken Drop, Mat 4:10 Jesus very clearly stated God's name. He stated at Jn 17:6,26 that he made God's name known, Father is a title that applies to God, Jehovah however is His name, personally selected by Him I might add Ex 3:15

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any that follow the society, the pope, any so called prophets or prophetess' rather than what God says in his word are NOT true believers.

Any that re-write God's word to suit themselves and their particular cult are not followers of God but man.

It's like ppl are under the Mafia. Crime Lord's demand respect of their rules or you DIE.........PPL BELIEVE THIS !

Just bc someone doesn't believe what God says about ALL things he has created and HIS plan DOES NOT mean they will not receive the consequences.

Now don't tell me any nonsense about oh but we do believe and OBEY, we both know better!
I don't disagree with any of that sir, so may I ask once again, do you have an example of where you feel we fall short L3? I believe I have to make full proof of my ministry 2 Tim 4:5, so put me to the test, I will give you the scriptural reason we believe as we do.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do we base our beliefs on?
A belief is a thought, believed. So belief is based on, believing thoughts.
Thus it seems thoughts do or could ever define perception, sensations & feeling.
And therein, one is blind to the truth, and seeking the unseeable, unfindable & undefinable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dropship

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are mistaken Drop, Mat 4:10 Jesus very clearly stated God's name. He stated at Jn 17:6,26 that he made God's name known, Father is a title that applies to God, Jehovah however is His name, personally selected by Him I might add Ex 3:15

I can't find Jesus using the name 'Jehovah' in any of the gospels, which version are you looking at?

Reactions: Mr E

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A belief is a thought, believed. So belief is based on, believing thoughts.
Thus it seems thoughts do or could ever define perception, sensations & feeling.
And therein, one is blind to the truth, and seeking the unfindable & undefinable.
You are very correct Phil, a belief is simply that, right or wrong, fact or fiction. So If I state something and post a Scripture, the Scripture is truth, but you have to decide if my explanation of it is correct, or false. Jesus sent his disciples, but you decide whether what we say is true or false Acts 17:11.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't find Jesus using the name 'Jehovah' in any of the gospels, which version are you looking at?
Jesus stated at Mat 4:10 it is written, so what was the writing that Jesus quoted there Drop? Remember the Bible doesn't exist, you are looking at a version that chose to remove God's name even if it was quoted from the Hebrew Scriptures that had God's name in it. The New World Translation, includes it in quoted Hebrew passages if it was there.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus stated at Mat 4:10 it is written, so what was the writing that Jesus quoted there Drop? Remember the Bible doesn't exist, you are looking at a version that chose to remove God's name even if it was quoted from the Hebrew Scriptures that had God's name in it. The New World Translation, includes it in quoted Hebrew passages if it was there.

The New World Translation is just the JW's version, so you're outnumbered by the versions that don't use the word 'Jehovah in Matt 4:10...:)

matt 4.10.jpg

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are very correct Phil, a belief is simply that, right or wrong, fact or fiction. So If I state something and post a Scripture, the Scripture is truth, but you have to decide if my explanation of it is correct, or false. Jesus sent his disciples, but you decide whether what we say is true or false Acts 17:11.
That Phil is correct is another assumption, a belief.
“Correct” is also a thought, as is “false”. This is verifiable right now in direct experience by actually attempting to point to correct and or false… discovering this is of course not actually possible. Similarly, “unicorn”, “leprechaun”, “Bigfoot”.

Thought can be let go, such that reality is ‘seen’ as it is, free of interpretations & beliefs.
Any “thing” said to be Truth, inherently is not.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New World Translation is just the JW's version, so you're outnumbered by the versions that don't use the word 'Jehovah in Matt 4:10...:)

View attachment 27572
That is not what I asked you sir, I asked you what Jesus quoted, is there a reason why you didn't answer that, or an explanation why all those versions you posted altered what Jesus quoted Drop?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That Phil is correct is another assumption, a belief.
“Correct” is also a thought, as is “false”. This is verifiable right now in direct experience by actually attempting to point to correct and or false… discovering this is of course not actually possible. Similarly, “unicorn”, “leprechaun”, “Bigfoot”.

Thought can be let go, such that reality is ‘seen’ as it is, free of interpretations & beliefs.
Any “thing” said to be Truth, inherently is not.
No sir, in this case it is a fact, as there is only two choices. That can apply in other ares but as anyone should be able to observe, when there is only two options one has to be correct. Perhaps you simply debate everything no matter what is stated, are you that type of individual Phil?

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir, in this case it is a fact, as there is only two choices. That can apply in other ares but as anyone should be able to observe, when there is only two options one has to be correct. Perhaps you simply debate everything no matter what is stated, are you that type of individual Phil?
Facts and individuals are thoughts, that there are facts & individuals.
Like “unicorn”, ‘these’ are not found in perception.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is not what I asked you sir, I asked you what Jesus quoted, is there a reason why you didn't answer that, or an explanation why all those versions you posted altered what Jesus quoted Drop?

I answered your question by posting Matt 4:10 in a long list of bible versions, and Jesus never says 'Jehovah' in any of them..:)
Anyway look at it another way, God says all Christians are his children-
"What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?..Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord, I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters" (2 Cor 6:14-18)
and just as we'd never think of calling our earthly fathers by their christian names, I personally wouldn't want to call God by his alleged name 'Jehovah' because it just wouldn't feel right to do so.
But if the JW's want to call him Jehovah it's none of my business.
As for this threads title about whether JW's are real Christians, only God himself knows whether they or anybody else are true christians..:)

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unconditional doesn’t, couldn’t possibly, care what it’s called.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answered your question by posting Matt 4:10 in a long list of bible versions, and Jesus never says 'Jehovah' in any of them..:)
Anyway look at it another way, God says all Christians are his children-
"What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?..Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord, I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters" (2 Cor 6:14-18)
and just as we'd never think of calling our earthly fathers by their christian names, I personally wouldn't want to call God by his alleged name 'Jehovah' because it just wouldn't feel right to do so.
But if the JW's want to call him Jehovah it's none of my business.
As for this threads title about whether JW's are real Christians, only God himself knows whether they or anybody else are true christians..:)
It is alright if you don't know it sir, but not wanting to find out is another matter completely. That is the distinction between us Drop. Jesus quoted Deut 6:13, and of course he would never alter God's word when he spoke it, so obviously those translators of your versions you posted altered it. The NWT has Jehovah there, since it is in fact in the quoted verse. Why do you suppose that is sir?

Why do you suppose you wouldn't feel right in calling Him by name, since His people have been using it for millenniums as clearly recorded in the Bible for us to see, and especially since our everlasting life depends on calling upon His name Rom 10:13. How many close friends do you have that you never call by name?

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is alright if you don't know it sir, but not wanting to find out is another matter completely.
That could be applied to that “third option”… not believing the thoughts (‘correct’ & ‘incorrect’).

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do we call ourselves Jehovah's witnesses? When speaking to His people, God whose name is Jehovah said: You are my witnesses, as recorded for us at Isa 43:10. Jesus himself is the most famous witness of Jehovah, being called the Faithful Witness in God's word Rev 1:5. He bore testimony about his God Jehovah as Jehovah's witnesses still do today.
Robert, who was God speaking too at Isa. 43:10?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer to the OP is no, JWs are not real Christians. Real Christians acknowledge the full deity of Jesus Christ.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer to the OP is no, JWs are not real Christians. Real Christians acknowledge the full deity of Jesus Christ.

Now wait a cotton picken minute here. I'm christian and I know there's no such thing as the deity of Jesus Christ. Catholics made that up around the fifth century.

Reactions: Dropship
Status
Not open for further replies.