Are miracles for today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it strained my eyes to read your whole post but i am glad i did, luckily the conversation part comes easily to me as i am always talking with him and maybe that is why i know his voice so well. I am also very glad this thread has been good for you it has been good for me as well i have been blessed by hearing of the testimonies from others it is encouraging to hear. I have spoken many times with him about my healing even sometimes saying how easy it would be for him easier than breathing i on one occasion got a litttle frustrated with him asking him why he holds out when it is so easy for him i said how I am confused because by all accounts it really seems like a simple matter to me not just on his part but on mine too i believe in him and have faith that he can heal me i am just waiting for him to make a move.

For me it doesn't even seem like something so grand as a miracle it is such a simple matter of faith and his ability to heal that for me it is a normal prayer request yet he holds back for some reason. I

I'm glade to know you are hearing Him like that!! That is the important thing!

I know from experience that I can't figure Him out. Several times I have seen Him not heal someone and found out that He had His reasons for that too!! In fact one of the best testimonies I have is when He once told me that He was not going to heal someone.

I had asked Him about another Christian lady who I worked with. She was going to have surgery to take out her Gaul blatter. The Lord told me that He wouldn't heal her. I knew she also heard from the Lord and started to tell her about me asking the Lord if He would heal her. Before I got very far she told me, "He said He wouldn't, right?" She has also asked Him and He had already told her He wouldn't heal her.

So she went in for surgery. Before surgery the Lord told her to pray with the Doctor, which she did. Now the Doctor didn't know the Lord but his wife did, and she was in the waiting room because the Doctor was taking her to lunch after the surgery. In the waiting room the doctor's wife was asked by the Lord to pray for her husband who was in the waiting room but also didn't know the Lord.

Now the surgery went better that thought. The Gaul blatter didn't need to be removed, just something in a tube to it had to be done. So she healed quickly, which was nice because Easter Sunday was coming up. That Easter they let their daughter pick a church, which she did by using the phone book. So they went to a church they had never been to before. While there it turned out that they just happened to sit next to a lady who just happened to be the sister of that Doctor. And it turned out that he had gone with his wife to an early service and he decided to go forward and accept the Lord, which they found out from the doctors sister whom they would not have met if they hadn't gone to this church they had never gone to before. With that information, her husband decided that he too should go forward in that service and accept the Lord. So 2 people got saved because of the Lord did not do a miracle and heal her. The miracles happened because He didn't heal her.

So what has happened because He has not yet healed your eyes yet?? That doesn't mean He still doesn't have a plan for that too. Just keep talking to Him. :)

Reactions: Azim and Cross8527

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glade to know you are hearing Him like that!! That is the important thing!

I know from experience that I can't figure Him out. Several times I have seen Him not heal someone and found out that He had His reasons for that too!! In fact one of the best testimonies I have is when He once told me that He was not going to heal someone.

I had asked Him about another Christian lady who I worked with. She was going to have surgery to take out her Gaul blatter. The Lord told me that He wouldn't heal her. I knew she also heard from the Lord and started to tell her about me asking the Lord if He would heal her. Before I got very far she told me, "He said He wouldn't, right?" She has also asked Him and He had already told her He wouldn't heal her.

So she went in for surgery. Before surgery the Lord told her to pray with the Doctor, which she did. Now the Doctor didn't know the Lord but his wife did, and she was in the waiting room because the Doctor was taking her to lunch after the surgery. In the waiting room the doctor's wife was asked by the Lord to pray for her husband who was in the waiting room but also didn't know the Lord.

Now the surgery went better that thought. The Gaul blatter didn't need to be removed, just something in a tube to it had to be done. So she healed quickly, which was nice because Easter Sunday was coming up. That Easter they let their daughter pick a church, which she did by using the phone book. So they went to a church they had never been to before. While there it turned out that they just happened to sit next to a lady who just happened to be the sister of that Doctor. And it turned out that he had gone with his wife to an early service and he decided to go forward and accept the Lord, which they found out from the doctors sister whom they would not have met if they hadn't gone to this church they had never gone to before. With that information, her husband decided that he too should go forward in that service and accept the Lord. So 2 people got saved because of the Lord did not do a miracle and heal her. The miracles happened because He didn't heal her.

So what has happened because He has not yet healed your eyes yet?? That doesn't mean He still doesn't have a plan for that too. Just keep talking to Him. :)
My friend you are a blessing to talk to. I do actually know why he hasn't healed my eyes yet it is because i asked him to take me into deeper waters. It was about five or six months ago that i felt a hunger to go deeper with him to go deeper into the realm of the spirit and of faith it also is when i had a vision of me being filled to the brim with the spirit being used by God to do mighty works of God that i never dreamed. I begged him to take me into that realm of faith the faith to believe in the impossible the firm unchanging beleif in him to be strong and stand on his word.

Time passed and months went by and it all seemed to be on hold but as if by a sudden awakening i craved it again and asked him for it again this time i was met with a different answer a longing to be healed a spirirtual connection with the spirirt i didn't have before.
though it hasn't been very long since my desiring for this and my asking for his healing my faith and my belief in him and taking him at his word has grown at an amazing rate i actually believe that i will be healed i don't know when or how i just know i will it is no longer a matter of if he will heal me but when.

I think the reason he hasn't healed me yet is because i am in training he is training me to walk in faith and in the spirit

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend you are a blessing to talk to. I do actually know why he hasn't healed my eyes yet it is because i asked him to take me into deeper waters. It was about five or six months ago that i felt a hunger to go deeper with him to go deeper into the realm of the spirit and of faith it also is when i had a vision of me being filled to the brim with the spirit being used by God to do mighty works of God that i never dreamed. I begged him to take me into that realm of faith the faith to believe in the impossible the firm unchanging beleif in him to be strong and stand on his word.

Time passed and months went by and it all seemed to be on hold but as if by a sudden awakening i craved it again and asked him for it again this time i was met with a different answer a longing to be healed a spirirtual connection with the spirirt i didn't have before.
though it hasn't been very long since my desiring for this and my asking for his healing my faith and my belief in him and taking him at his word has grown at an amazing rate i actually believe that i will be healed i don't know when or how i just know i will it is no longer a matter of if he will heal me but when.

I think the reason he hasn't healed me yet is because i am in training he is training me to walk in faith and in the spirit

Nice post :)

God made the heaven's, and then the earth. So it is that we have spiritual senses, and physical senses. Now people (me included) tend to operate in the flesh, which is to say we depend on our physical sense and not our spiritual senses. Which explains why we read - Romans 11:8 just as it is written,
“GOD GAVE THEM A SPIRIT OF STUPOR,
EYES TO SEE NOT AND EARS TO HEAR NOT,
DOWN TO THIS VERY DAY.”

Having flesh, gives us a spirit of stupor because we just tend to use our physical senses instead of our spiritual senses. So then, if God was to remove or limit a person's physical senses, would it not tend to increase the use of their spiritual senses?

Now as for me, the Lord has often gotten on to me for not seeing more with my spiritual eyes. Frankly I find it quite weird using my spiritual eyes. Once the Lord told me, "Karl, you wouldn't drive your car with your physical eyes closed would you? So why do you go through life with your spiritual eyes closes?"

The answer is that seeing with my spiritual eyes is weird- but it can be interesting. Like when I opened my spiritual eyes and saw a giant angel leaning up against one of those giant electric generating windmills while driving. The angel spoke to me and said, "If you want more power in your life seek first the Kingdom of God".

Ps 104:4 He makes the winds His messengers, Flaming fire His ministers.

Which reminds me of the time when I went over to help another group in the healing ministry. I was just standing their praying quietly while the leader of the other group was praying for an elderly lady which had a number of physical problems. I prayed to loose angels and with my spiritual eyes I saw an angel appear and the angel grabbed the ladies shoulder, then he started to shake her. And then with my physical eyes I could see the lady start shaking hard. The poor leader instantly started to get very concerned because it looked like the lady was having convulsions. Then I saw the angle stop, and the lady stop convulsing.

I was standing slightly behind the lady and back a few feet and thinking how weird that was - when the lady, instead of talking to the leader, turned around to me, and looking at me she asked, "Was there and angel here?" I was not planning on telling anyone what I saw, but seeing how she asked I told her, "Yeah there was."

It is just so weird seeing those things that I just don't like to tell people about it. Besides, it is written that what you hear whispered in your ear shout on the house tops - there is nothing mentioned that I know of saying to tell about what you see.

Yet I believe you might indeed very well be blessed by God by not having better physical eyes to see. I love your posts. :)

Reactions: Azim and Cross8527

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God made the heaven's, and then the earth. So it is that we have spiritual senses, and physical senses. Now people (me included) tend to operate in the flesh, which is to say we depend on our physical sense and not our spiritual senses. Which explains why we read - Romans 11:8 just as it is written,
“GOD GAVE THEM A SPIRIT OF STUPOR,
EYES TO SEE NOT AND EARS TO HEAR NOT,
DOWN TO THIS VERY DAY.”

Having flesh, gives us a spirit of stupor because we just tend to use our physical senses instead of our spiritual senses. So then, if God was to remove or limit a person's physical senses, would it not tend to increase the use of their spiritual senses?

Now as for me, the Lord has often gotten on to me for not seeing more with my spiritual eyes. Frankly I find it quite weird using my spiritual eyes. Once the Lord told me, "Karl, you wouldn't drive your car with your physical eyes closed would you? So why do you go through life with your spiritual eyes closes?"

The answer is that seeing with my spiritual eyes is weird- but it can be interesting. Like when I opened my spiritual eyes and saw a giant angel leaning up against one of those giant electric generating windmills while driving. The angel spoke to me and said, "If you want more power in your life seek first the Kingdom of God".

Ps 104:4 He makes the winds His messengers, Flaming fire His ministers.

Which reminds me of the time when I went over to help another group in the healing ministry. I was just standing their praying quietly while the leader of the other group was praying for an elderly lady which had a number of physical problems. I prayed to loose angels and with my spiritual eyes I saw an angel appear and the angel grabbed the ladies shoulder, then he started to shake her. And then with my physical eyes I could see the lady start shaking hard. The poor leader instantly started to get very concerned because it looked like the lady was having convulsions. Then I saw the angle stop, and the lady stop convulsing.

I was standing slightly behind the lady and back a few feet and thinking how weird that was - when the lady, instead of talking to the leader, turned around to me, and looking at me she asked, "Was there and angel here?" I was not planning on telling anyone what I saw, but seeing how she asked I told her, "Yeah there was."

It is just so weird seeing those things that I just don't like to tell people about it. Besides, it is written that what you hear whispered in your ear shout on the house tops - there is nothing mentioned that I know of saying to tell about what you see.

Yet I believe you might indeed very well be blessed by God by not having better physical eyes to see. I love your posts. :)
Incredible absolutely incredible post. Where do i even start? firstly I love what he spoke to you about the whole driving with your eyes closed thing not only does that make perfect sense but he is clever as well. Then there is all you have testified of this makes me think you are much like me in the sense you are able to see things with your spirirtual eyes as well. See I like you am able to see thing in the spirit with my spirirtual eyes if i open them I once was on a walk talking to God and looked at the sky as i love to see the sunset and saw what looked like a massive golden tower that looked like it was made of this crystalized golden glass and the sunlight from the sunset shimmered off it beautifully i had to stop walking and stare at for a minute mesmorized bu it's beauty I knew it was not of this world and i just stared at until i heard a voice from inside me tell me to move and my body just moved apparently i was about to be hit by a car lol.

I am actually very comfortable with seeing with my spirirtual eyes but there is something i am not comfortable with that i am trying to learn to grow in. often times i will be given something to say in my conversations with God often times prophetic in nature and often times him speaking to me through me other times while i do see with my spiritual eyes i also do nto fully see through them because i know if i do i will allow all kinds of thing to flow through. so with my eyes and with the holy spirit prophesying and speaking to me i leave the door cracked but not fully opened. Well i decided not to long ago when i first started this journey of greater faith involving miracles to open the door fully and allowed him to speak to me through me. I was overcome by a zeal and fire for him when i did this a life and joy that was unusual and i told him i would serve him and i would honor him and give him praise and glory and i trhen felt a calling grow inside me and i felt the words come forth inside me and i said i will be your leader and your shepherd for your church and i tried to say more i tried to say i would be more like a servant or prayer warrior anything but the words wouldn't come my tongue was tied.

What is unusual is that this goes against my very nature i am not a leader i am meek and humble by nature i am the supportive type not the leadership type yet when i said this the zeal and fire was so strong it was as if i was prophesying it.

I haven't attempted to fully open the door since but perhaps you and i both need to learn to open the door a little more until one day we walk with the door wide open

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Now as for me, the Lord has often gotten on to me for not SEEING more with my spiritual eyes. Frankly I find it quite WEIRD using my spiritual eyes....The answer is that SEEING with my spiritual eyes is WEIRD- but it can be interesting......I prayed to loose angels and with my spiritual eyes I SAW an angel appear...and thinking how WEIRD that was...I was not planning on telling anyone what I SAW...It is just so WEIRD SEEING those things...
What Is Not weird, But Interesting, Are These Scriptures:

Heb 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,
The Evidence of things NOT seen."

2Co 5:7 "...For we walk by faith, NOT by sight:..."​

...I believe you might indeed very well be blessed by God by not having better physical eyes to see. I love your posts. :)
And, Very Interesting Is God's GRACE Word For our Infirmities...
Point (3) is:

After Paul (our #"pattern"# for Today!), prayed 3 times
for his affliction, the "Answer he Received," According To
The Scriptures, Was:

"And He {CHRIST} Said Unto me, MY GRACE Is Sufficient For
thee
: For MY Strength Is Made Perfect in weakness. Most gladly
therefore will I rather glory {cp} in my infirmities, that The
Power Of CHRIST
May Rest Upon me!"
(2 Corinthians 12:9) {cp 2 Corinthians 11:23-30}​

Thus, yes, I Also believe @Cross8527 could be surely Comforted and
Encouraged By God's Word Of Truth, in Today's Age Of Amazing GRACE!
Amen?

My eyesight is also going in my old age, but, I have,
from a mentor, This Great Encouragement!:

“What kind of power is released in our suffering?” The power to overcome the
discouragement that comes when you forget that God’s Strength Is Made Perfect
in your weakness! And the power of your testimony for The LORD Is Made Perfect
as well. When you not only don’t gripe about your infirmities, when you
“take pleasure” in them instead, that’s a testimony that literally screams
to unbelievers that you have something they don’t have!" (R Kurth)

FULL study:
You've Got To Stand For Something! (Part I)
+
You’ve Got To Stand For Something (Part II)

GRACE And Peace...

Last edited:
Reactions: Cross8527

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Is Not weird, But Interesting, Are These Scriptures:

Heb 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,
The Evidence of things NOT seen."

2Co 5:7 "...For we walk by faith, NOT by sight:..."​

And, Very Interesting Is God's GRACE Word For our Infirmities...
Point (3) is:

After Paul (our #"pattern"# for Today!), prayed 3 times
for his affliction, the "Answer he Received," According To
The Scriptures, Was:

"And He {CHRIST} Said Unto me, MY GRACE Is Sufficient For
thee
: For MY Strength Is Made Perfect in weakness. Most gladly
therefore will I rather glory {cp} in my infirmities, that The
Power Of CHRIST
May Rest Upon me!"
(2 Corinthians 12:9) {cp 2 Corinthians 11:23-30}​

Thus, yes, I Also believe @Cross8527 could be surely Comforted and
Encouraged By God's Word Of Truth, in Today's Age Of Amazing GRACE!
Amen?

My eyesight is also going in my old age, but, I have,
from a mentor, This Great Encouragement!:

“What kind of power is released in our suffering?” The power to overcome the
discouragement that comes when you forget that God’s Strength Is Made Perfect
in your weakness! And the power of your testimony for The LORD Is Made Perfect
as well. When you not only don’t gripe about your infirmities, when you
“take pleasure” in them instead, that’s a testimony that literally screams
to unbelievers that you have something they don’t have!"

FULL study:
You've Got To Stand For Something! (Part I)
+
You’ve Got To Stand For Something (Part II)

GRACE And Peace...
Then by his grace and his will may i reach a point where i praise him for my eye problems until then i thank him for what little eye sight i do have while also waiting for my healing. Though I did bring this on myself after all I told him long before i lost my eyes i wanted to see with his eyes and that i didn't need these eyes to see and that it wasn't these eyes i was after i said that even if i lost sight in these eyes as long as i could see with his that was what mattered little did i know i was prophesying my own demise

But perhaps since i am so fond of perspective it makes sense that my faith would be so involved with sight

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been a long hard journey dealing with my eyes and it will be a long hard one should he allow it much longer but I went to bed thinking on this and felt a sense of relief because i was assured of my healing so I didn't need to worry about my eyes. It truly has been a journey but perhaps one day soon i can be a testimony of what faith can do and that our God is the God he says he is
Precious friend (IF you are still around), I thought of you when
I studied this:

The Paradox Of The Gospel Ministry

Think of the testimony of "serving The LORD With Peace (Romans 5:1),
And Power (2 Corinthians 12:9), in spite of our infirmities," eh?

Would that Be Something that UNbelievers "see in us," and our "testimony
of what faith can do," And know "they do not have"? And, then maybe,
believing because of it?

GRACE And Peace...

Reactions: Nancy