Are people who call themselves Christians Christ like?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Today being a "Christian" is a term people love to throw around and use loosely. Yes those who claim to be "Christian" should be Christ like and the genuine are. Many claim CHrist but will find themselves in Hell. Because God demands for his church to be holy and righteous! There is no way around it!

InquisitiveAgnostic

Nov 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
I absolutely agree that many who claim to follow a certain religion often uses it as a base armor to defend and justify their own failings and immoral actions...

I also agree that striving to be the same as a role model like Jesus is a commendable thing in itself.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I agree with you being agnostic you have a good knowledge of moral law and social consciousness which is simply putting belief into action and living, doing and being all you can about your belief.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to believe that we falsely judge other Christians based on their moral behavior - it is very easy to decide if a person is Christlike based on their behavior. But how does God judge us? I believe He judges our heart. So instead of worrying about Christians that are behaving badly and how they are measuring up to the world's standard of Christlike, perhaps we should be getting back to the reason we were created for; to love God and neighbor - let God worry about the sanctification of His people. We got into some serious trouble in the Garden when we decided to get into the judging good and evil business, remember? Jesus correctly said 'why do you call me good - only God is good' because the people he was talking to had no business or ability to know good from evil.

joshly50

May 4, 2013
England
We are all christ alike the moment we accept Jesus as our lord and saviour. Physically we may not be able walk the way he worked, but spiritually we are 100% like him, when we understand this, it will give us the confidence to show christ likeness.