Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. Jesus commissioned the apostles to go and authorize new disciples. Hence all those churches Paul was visiting, each headed by an apostle or one so designated by an apostle or his successor.

But, but, but... you are Preaching Christ's Church was built upon Peter. Yes?

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, but, but... you are Preaching Christ's Church was built upon Peter. Yes?

So Jesus said:

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answering, said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven. [18] And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. [19] And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Jesus said:

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answering, said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven. [18] And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. [19] And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.

I own a number of Bibles. Quoting me Scripture, does NOT Reveal the Understanding.

We have a difference of Understanding.

Jesus Christ is The Founder. The Base, The Rock, The One Who Established His Church...
Everyone IS added as a stone upon stone.

Everyone added....is NOT added Because of Peter...
But Because each one added Confessed:
Jesus is Christ, The Son of the Living God.

Peter, every Apostle, every FOLLOWING Disciple and millions of others are as living stones, an ongoing building of Christ's Church.

The KEYS, a whole other Topic and indepth study.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ is The Founder. The Base, The Rock, The One Who Established His Church...
Everyone IS added as a stone upon stone.

Let's take another look at what He said...

I think He got it right.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I think He got it right.
Of course He got it right. But do you?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course He got it right. But do you?

Sounds right to me.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Sounds right to me.
On the basis of that scripture it was believed Peter stood at the gates of heaven with a key and he had the last say on who entered and who was denied. That was reflected in Popes believing they had that last say. "There is a way that seemeth right to a man....".

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think He got it right.

I know Jesus got it right.
Our disagreement is NOT About what Jesus SAID.
Our difference is About understanding the Meaning of WHAT Jesus SAID.

Christ Jesus' Church is built upon ...
Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God.
And any man who Heartfully Confesses;
Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God,
Is MADE a member of Christ Jesus' Church.

BECAUSE, Christ Jesus IS the Rock of a man's Salvation.

Seems you are Preaching Peter is the "rock" of "your" Salvation.

Whereas, the "Rock" of MY Salvation IS CHRIST JESUS.

And ANY man; Peter, Paul, John, Mary, Timothy, (or ANY man not identified in Scripture), Who has heartfully Accepted Gods Truth, that:
Jesus is Christ, the Son of the Living God.
IS "MADE" a MEMBER of Christ Jesus' Spiritual Church.
Every Member, IS a "living stone"... one upon the Other OF the Rock, who IS Christ Jesus.

Every Member (Living stones), of Christ Jesus Church; Are "Brothers", and THE Rock, is "Their GOD".

If Peter is "your" rock...then he must be "your" god.

For me; Peter is "a living stone", as is every Member of Christ's Church.

For me;
God is my Rock.
Christ is my Rock of a my Salvation.
Christ's Church is a membership of stones, (of men who Heartfully Believed & Confessed;
"Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God"

Peter and every disciple making that Confession...DOES NOT "Make" them "my God", "my Savior", "my Strength", "my Rock"...
It "Makes" them; "my brother", "IN" Christ the Lord Jesus.

Psalms 18:
[2] The LORD is "my rock", and "my fortress", and "my deliverer"; "my God", "my strength", in whom I will trust; "my buckler", and the horn of "my salvation", and "my high tower."

If "Peter" is "your" rock...<--- THAT is your and my difference.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the basis of that scripture it was believed Peter stood at the gates of heaven with a key and he had the last say on who entered and who was denied.

A Very "Loose" teaching that has been "loosely" depicted, in memes, "as if " Peter has SOLE Authority over WHO CAN enter the Lords Kingdom, and WHO CAN NOT enter.

And "yes", a particular Christian Denomination, teaches Peter had that SOLE Authority, and by election of men, have "Transferred", "that supposed" SOLE Authority, to other men.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: mjrhealth and Nancy

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Very "Loose" teaching that has been "loosely" depicted, in memes, "as if " Peter has SOLE Authority over WHO CAN enter the Lords Kingdom, and WHO CAN NOT enter.

No, but if you'll revise God's word, I suppose it's no big thing to revise the doctrines of His Church.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If "Peter" is "your" rock...<--- THAT is your and my difference.

(Barbarian checks)

No. Jesus says Peter was His rock, on which He would build his church:

Matthew 16:18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Take it up with him, not me.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. It's about your revision of what He meant.

Actually as you were already told more than once;
the surname Simon was given and its meaning,
AND
the translation of that name and its meaning revision in English. (Which BTW...is NOT accredited to me).

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually as you were already told more than once;
the surname Simon was given and its meaning,
AND
the translation of that name and its meaning revision in English. (Which BTW...is NOT accredited to me).

Sorry, I'll go with Jesus on this one. Jesus didn't speak English. The language didn't even exist during His ministry here.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I'll go with Jesus on this one. Jesus didn't speak English. The language didn't even exist during His ministry here.

Oh, so what language, spelling, and meaning did Jesus Make Simon's surname?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Barbarian checks)

No. Jesus says Peter was His rock, on which He would build his church:

Completely Backwards.
Jesus acknowledges, "Peter acknowledging JESUS is Peters Rock

Take it up with him, not me.

Already have, and why I disagree with your undrstanding.

This discussion with you is exhausted.
Only God can give you understanding.

Glory to God,
Taken