Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's the "The Church" called you are talking about?

And could you quote the Scripture that says:The Church is the pillar and foundation of truth?
Hi Taken,

"The Church" is the household of God according to 1 Timothy 3:15 ALSO called the church of the Lord according to Acts 20:28 which is basically the same thing. The Church was built on a rock (Matthew 16:18) and if we refuse to listen to The Church we are to be treated as a Gentile and a tax collector (Matthew 18:17). You and I are members of The Church but we are not The Church because you and I are not the rock that Jesus spoke of. You and I don't have the authority to decide who is a gentile or tax collector. SOOOO....I ask you Taken: Which Church has the authority to decide who is to be treated as a gentile or tax collector?

1 Timothy 3:15 says that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth. Do you not believe it says that?

Bible study and Curious Mary

Reactions: Yehren

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Taken,

"The Church" is the household of God according to 1 Timothy 3:15 ALSO called the church of the Lord according to Acts 20:28 which is basically the same thing.

"THE Church" is Christs Church, as HE, Jesus said (not the Catholic Church, or any other Church built with hands of men.). Christ's Church is built BY Christ.

Matt 16:
[18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock "I will Build MY CHURCH;" and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The Church was built on a rock (Matthew 16:18)

Yes a Rock, the First Rock Laid; The cornerstone; Jesus, the Christ.

and if we refuse to listen to The Church we are to be treated as a Gentile and a tax collector (Matthew 18:17).

You and I are members of The Church but we are not The Church because you and I are not the rock that Jesus spoke of.

Men were building house Temples of Hewed Literal rocks.

Jesus foretold He would tear that Building Down and Build His Church.

Men did not at first Understand HOW Jesus could Build another Building In 3 days...
Because;
They imagined another VISIBLE Building of stones built with men's hands.

Christ's Church IS NOT a visible Building of man hewed stones.

Christ's Church IS: a SPIRITURAL Building.

Every person WHO Heartfully Confesses "their belief" IS;
Jesus IS The Christ, The Son of the Living God"

That person BECOMES, a Member of Christ's Spiritual Church.

Every Member; is "comparatively /"paralleled", as being "a Living STONE UPON STONE"...

The Rock is Christ Jesus; the First laid OF the Foundation of His Church.
( Jesus Christ IS the HEAD and FOUNDATION
Of His Church ).

As men are ADDED; UPON Christ Jesus' Church: each Member is LIKE "stone pillars", "Building AND increasing the Size of Christ's Church...
And; members of Christ's Spiritual Church, that no man CAN VISIBLY SEE...or tear down (destroy).

Jesus was asking His Disciples, what men were saying About Him; WHO men thought He (Jesus is).
THEN Jesus asked His Disciples WHO "they" thought He IS.

The First "one" of the Disciples to answer;
Was Peter.
Why?
Because God Gave Peter the Answer.
And what is the Answer Peter repeated that he Received from God?
"Jesus is the CHRIST, the Son of the Living God".
Jesus Revealed...(of course, that is the Correct Answer) ... and Upon that Answer, that "any man gives" that Same Answer, Will be Like a "Living stone" UPON Living stone, Building Christ Jesus' Spiritual Church.
And thereafter, the other Disciples RECEIVED the Answer and Confessed the Same, and taught the Same.

Mark 14:
[58] We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

1 Peter 2:
[4] To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

You and I don't have the authority to decide who is a gentile or tax collector.

Authority TO DECIDE ?
That question makes no sense.
An individual desides to be a TAX Collector!
God decided WHO would be His Tribes and WHO would be Gentiles...
I don't have to Decide...I only require the knowledge of what man decided to be a Tax collector and WHO God decided would be in a Tribe and WHO would be a Gentile!

SOOOO....I ask you Taken: Which Church has the authority to decide who is to be treated as a gentile or tax collector?

Again your question makes no sense.
Taxes and collector of Taxes was established Long Before the Church.
Division of the Tribes and Gentiles was established Long before the Church.

1 Timothy 3:15 says that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth. Do you not believe it says that?

1 Timothy 3:15
[15] But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth...

Christ's Spiritual Church IS not a physical Building.
Every person who enters a "house of God", (which IS buildings man from men's Hands),
Ought to Know how to Behave within that building, where men (IN) Christ are there to worship The Lord God Together.)
And while men NOT in Christ can also enter the Building (house of God), their behavior ought to be AS a Guest...Observe, Listen with their Ears and Keep their mouth shut.)

Christ's Spiritual Church MEMBERS are they WHO "are" in Christ...
They have given their Heartful Confession;
Jesus IS the Christ, the Son of the Living God. (Which IS the Truth...Gods Truth, that individual either Accept or Reject).
They WHO accept have become as LIVING STONES, one added atop another, Building Christ's Spiritual Church...whether or NOT, "they" have become MEMBERS of ANY "Church Building, built with men's hands)

Bottom line:
Christ is the Head and Foundation of His Church.
His Church IS Spiritually Built "Upon His Truth", that "He IS the Christ, the Son of the Living God".
Their "grounding" is IN Christ Jesus' Truth... not other men.

All men added to Christ's Spiritual Church, are pillars, living stones, participants in growing, increasing in size, the MEMBERS of Christ's Spiritual Church...
That NO man can destroy.

Any "denomination" ...Catholic, Baptist, LDS, Pentecostal etc., est. Claiming "their" man-made Building, and NAME men have established for their "denomination" to be called...that "their man-MADE Churchs, are the "exclusive" "True Church" of Christ's Spiritual Church...and others Church denominations "are not"...ARE False Teachers.

Christ's Spiritual Church has nothing to do with Buildings built with men's hands, their memberships, or what men Name their Churches.

When a man vows to make himself committed to "The Church and the Truth."
That man is Submitting himself to Christ's Spiritual Church and Christ Jesus' Truth...
NOT men, Not man-made Churches.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Taken,

"The Church" is the household of God according to 1 Timothy 3:15 ALSO called the church of the Lord according to Acts 20:28 which is basically the same thing. The Church was built on a rock (Matthew 16:18) and if we refuse to listen to The Church we are to be treated as a Gentile and a tax collector (Matthew 18:17). You and I are members of The Church but we are not The Church because you and I are not the rock that Jesus spoke of. You and I don't have the authority to decide who is a gentile or tax collector. SOOOO....I ask you Taken: Which Church has the authority to decide who is to be treated as a gentile or tax collector?

Bible study and Curious Mary
KJV 1 Timothy 3
15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
What does this scripture actually say Mary,?
That the church is the pillar and ground of truth... Or the living God?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of His Church ).

Peter was not Jesus. When Jesus calls him "Peter" (his given name was Simon), He was calling him "the rock." And on that rock, He said, He would build his Church.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter was not Jesus.

Well thanks for pointing that out...but what was is your point?
I never said Peter was Jesus.

When Jesus calls him "Peter" (his given name was Simon), He was calling him "the rock." And on that rock, He said, He would build his Church.

So what is your Point?
Christ's Church is Built Upon "Peter" not Christ?

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's Church is Built Upon "Peter" not Christ?

What did Jesus say?
Matthew 16:18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
"Peter" means "rock."

Do you think Jesus had it right?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Jesus say?
Matthew 16:18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
"Peter" means "rock."

Do you think Jesus had it right?

Christ's Church is built upon "Peter" Not Christ?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"THE Church" is Christs Church, as HE, Jesus said (not the Catholic Church, or any other Church built with hands of men.). Christ's Church is built BY Christ.

Matt 16:
[18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock "I will Build MY CHURCH;" and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Yes a Rock, the First Rock Laid; The cornerstone; Jesus, the Christ.

Men were building house Temples of Hewed Literal rocks.

Jesus foretold He would tear that Building Down and Build His Church.

Men did not at first Understand HOW Jesus could Build another Building In 3 days...
Because;
They imagined another VISIBLE Building of stones built with men's hands.

Christ's Church IS NOT a visible Building of man hewed stones.

Christ's Church IS: a SPIRITURAL Building.

Every person WHO Heartfully Confesses "their belief" IS;
Jesus IS The Christ, The Son of the Living God"

That person BECOMES, a Member of Christ's Spiritual Church.

Every Member; is "comparatively /"paralleled", as being "a Living STONE UPON STONE"...

Of His Church ).

As men are ADDED; UPON Christ Jesus' Church: each Member is LIKE "stone pillars", "Building AND increasing the Size of Christ's Church...
And; members of Christ's Spiritual Church, that no man CAN VISIBLY SEE...or tear down (destroy).

Jesus was asking His Disciples, what men were saying About Him; WHO men thought He (Jesus is).
THEN Jesus asked His Disciples WHO "they" thought He IS.

The First "one" of the Disciples to answer;
Was Peter.
Why?
Because God Gave Peter the Answer.
And what is the Answer Peter repeated that he Received from God?
"Jesus is the CHRIST, the Son of the Living God".
Jesus Revealed...(of course, that is the Correct Answer) ... and Upon that Answer, that "any man gives" that Same Answer, Will be Like a "Living stone" UPON Living stone, Building Christ Jesus' Spiritual Church.
And thereafter, the other Disciples RECEIVED the Answer and Confessed the Same, and taught the Same.

Mark 14:
[58] We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands.

1 Peter 2:
[4] To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

Authority TO DECIDE ?
That question makes no sense.
An individual desides to be a TAX Collector!
God decided WHO would be His Tribes and WHO would be Gentiles...
I don't have to Decide...I only require the knowledge of what man decided to be a Tax collector and WHO God decided would be in a Tribe and WHO would be a Gentile!

Again your question makes no sense.
Taxes and collector of Taxes was established Long Before the Church.
Division of the Tribes and Gentiles was established Long before the Church.

1 Timothy 3:15
[15] But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth...

Christ's Spiritual Church IS not a physical Building.
Every person who enters a "house of God", (which IS buildings man from men's Hands),
Ought to Know how to Behave within that building, where men (IN) Christ are there to worship The Lord God Together.)
And while men NOT in Christ can also enter the Building (house of God), their behavior ought to be AS a Guest...Observe, Listen with their Ears and Keep their mouth shut.)

Christ's Spiritual Church MEMBERS are they WHO "are" in Christ...
They have given their Heartful Confession;
Jesus IS the Christ, the Son of the Living God. (Which IS the Truth...Gods Truth, that individual either Accept or Reject).
They WHO accept have become as LIVING STONES, one added atop another, Building Christ's Spiritual Church...whether or NOT, "they" have become MEMBERS of ANY "Church Building, built with men's hands)

Bottom line:
Christ is the Head and Foundation of His Church.
His Church IS Spiritually Built "Upon His Truth", that "He IS the Christ, the Son of the Living God".
Their "grounding" is IN Christ Jesus' Truth... not other men.

All men added to Christ's Spiritual Church, are pillars, living stones, participants in growing, increasing in size, the MEMBERS of Christ's Spiritual Church...
That NO man can destroy.

Any "denomination" ...Catholic, Baptist, LDS, Pentecostal etc., est. Claiming "their" man-made Building, and NAME men have established for their "denomination" to be called...that "their man-MADE Churchs, are the "exclusive" "True Church" of Christ's Spiritual Church...and others Church denominations "are not"...ARE False Teachers.

Christ's Spiritual Church has nothing to do with Buildings built with men's hands, their memberships, or what men Name their Churches.

When a man vows to make himself committed to "The Church and the Truth."
That man is Submitting himself to Christ's Spiritual Church and Christ Jesus' Truth...
NOT men, Not man-made Churches.

Glory to God,
Taken
Thank you.

Reactions: Taken

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV 1 Timothy 3
15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
In context it is telling the church members how to behave in the house of God.

What "house" are they in Brakelite?

Curious Mary

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
KJV 1 Timothy 3

In context it is telling the church members how to behave in the house of God.

What "house" are they in Brakelite?

Curious Mary
I didn't ask you about the context, I can read that for myself. You have been advocating that your specific denomination, the Catholic Church, is the pillar and ground of truth, believing it to be the only church that belongs to God. You use that scripture as the basis for that contention. So I asked you to look at the verse again, and perhaps, if you can, see how the language does not specifically point to the church as the foundation of truth, but God Himself. Read it again... Carefully.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus built His Church upon Simon, and Simon died, was that the end of Jesus' Church?
The Greek word translated "Peter" is petros, meaning "pebble" or "small stone," while the word rendered "rock" is petra, meaning "big rock" or "huge boulder." Christ says He would build His church on the boulder, not on Peter the pebble. Christ is the rock (1 Corinthians 10:4) and is also the chief cornerstone, upon which the church is built and the apostles (plural) and the prophets form the foundation of the church. (Ephesians 2:20) Jesus did not say He would build His church on Peter, but on Himself, and because of that, the gates of hell will not prevail against it.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus built His Church upon Simon, and Simon died, was that the end of Jesus' Church?

Nope. Jesus commissioned the apostles to go and authorize new disciples. Hence all those churches Paul was visiting, each headed by an apostle or one so designated by an apostle or his successor.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Greek word translated "Peter" is petros, meaning "pebble" or "small stone," while the word rendered "rock" is petra, meaning "big rock" or "huge boulder." Christ says He would build His church on the boulder, not on Peter the pebble. Christ is the rock (1 Corinthians 10:4) and is also the chief cornerstone, upon which the church is built and the apostles (plural) and the prophets form the foundation of the church. (Ephesians 2:20) Jesus did not say He would build His church on Peter, but on Himself, and because of that, the gates of hell will not prevail against it.

Correct.

God IS the Rock.

Deut 32:
[4] He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Jesus IS the Rock of Gods Salvation.

[15] But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God which made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock "of his salvation".

Christ's Spiritual Church Is Built Up men WHO Believe:
IN God, IN Jesus, and THAT:
"Jesus IS the CHRIST, the SON of the LIVING God."

The "believing" and "Converted" men, Become "IN" Christ, "Spiritually LIVING" "AS" Christ is "Spiritually Living"...themselves CALLED...."Living STONES".

That is paralled with "a physical BUILDING"....
A Cornerstone...The First Foundational ROCK, that "Secures" every STONE "added" thereafter.
Jesus Christ IS: "That Rock", That Cornerstone,
That Secures the "Salvation of Every STONE added, one upon the other, Upon the Rock.

1 Cor 10:
[4] And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: andthat Rock was Christ.

Jesus Christ...is the Rock...
The First to UNDERSTAND, "Jesus IS the Christ, the Son of The LIVING God"... was Simon, (Barajona, meaning, Simon, son of Jonas).

And How DID Simon Know that (when Jesus was among His Disciples and Asked His Disciples, WHO, "they" thought Jesus was?)

Simon answered Jesus; thou art the Christ the Son of the Living God....
Because GOD, gave Simon the Answer;
And Jesus approved the Answer;
And the Other Disciples Agreed.

It was Then; Jesus said; upon "THAT"...(Jesus is the Christ the Son of the Living God) He would Build HIS Church...

THEN Jesus gave Simon Barajona, a SURNAME, petro, meaning "stone".

It was revealed in Acts; The Disciples and other followers Became Baptized with the Holy Spirit... and they all were MADE "living stones", upon the Rock, Secure in the Head and Foundation of Christ as a Member of His Spiritual Church...and The dames that has been occurring to men for the last 2500 + years....men becoming MADE "living stones"

1Pet 2:5

When I freely elected to become Converted and Be a member of Christ's Spiritual Church...not a word was mentioned About Peter!

I think some are Confused as to WHOSE Church Christ's Church Is.

God Bless.
Taken