Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course that passage is speaking of the origin of prophecy,

2 Peter 3
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

I think you are referrencing this?

also Revelation 19:10... I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Revelation 19:10 Lexicon: Then I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "Do not do that; I am a fellow servant of yours and your brethren who hold the testimony of Jesus; worship God. For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

John 3:33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

Slain for the “testimony which they held”
Revelation 6:9 Lexicon: When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained;

Reactions: marks

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Does God prefer one religious bent to another?
Do you know anything about Protestants to even ask such a question? Protestants rejected the false teachings of the Catholic Church, and regardless of any other differences, they all agreed on the biblical principles stated in the FIVE SOLAS.

Sola Fide, by faith alone.
Sola Scriptura, by Scripture alone.
Solus Christus, through Christ alone.
Sola Gratia, by grace alone.
Soli Deo Gloria, glory to God alone.

These Bible truths are not just held by Protestants, but by all non-Catholic evangelicals and fundamentalists. Salvation (justification) is by grace through faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption.
Or is that about us?
Of course it is about "us" -- all human beings. All human beings are deemed to be sinners by God, and all need to be saved by grace through faith.
As in.."I can believe anything I want based on a verse taken out of context"
This question shows that you are clueless about salvation by grace through faith. And that is because you have conconcted your own gospel.

Reactions: r1xlx

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does God prefer one religious bent to another? Or is that about us?

As in.."I can believe anything I want based on a verse taken out of context"
Salvation doesn't rest on having perfect doctrine. A child can be saved who knows nothing but that he has done wrong and that Christ died for his wrongdoing.

Reactions: marks and Willie T

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation doesn't rest on having perfect doctrine. A child can be saved who knows nothing but that he has done wrong and that Christ died for his wrongdoing.

Hi Renniks,

That's something I find over and over in the Bible, how simple God makes it for us to come to Him!

:)

All who call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved.

Jesus, save me! And He will!

So much love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to be judged by our works.

But if we protest against God doing this...being Protestants AND ALL...and enough of us do this...will that be enough to change the bible to suit our way of thinking? Otherwise what good is it in believing we're saved by our beliefs? Shouldn't OUR voices be heard?

Can the denominations stand one another long enough to protest God's ways together...so that God can line up with Luther?

"Judged by our works" can seem to sound that grace has no affect?
It is of my own belief that Christians will be judged by their works but, NOT judged for their sins, God is just and I'm leaving it there, lol...it seems more and more to me how there will be levels in Heaven...(whatever one's def. of Heaven is) "Great is your reward in Heaven" (reward-singular)
BTW-there needs to be a :new and improved" Protest among the Protestants. Hahaha!

Reactions: Taken and marks

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It's lopsided.

By faith alone is balanced by faith without works is dead.

By grace alone is balanced by: by grace through faith.

By scripture alone is balanced by: the scriptures speak of Me but you refuse to come to me.

Glory to God alone I don't see a thing wrong with!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judged for our works, yes, but in Christ is no condemnation.

All are judged for their works, and any not found written in the Book of Life are tossed into the lake of fire. It does not say this was because of their works, rather, that their names were not in the Book.

God does not allow the dead into heaven, or into the new heavens and earth.

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's lopsided.
If that were so, it would not have become the basis of the Reformation, which swept across Europe and made a major dent in the Holy Roman Empire.

BTW, the Bible does not contradict itself, not does it engage in dialectics. So the Reformers were basing their beliefs on Gospel truth. It is up to you see dig deeper.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that were so, it would not have become the basis of the Reformation, which swept across Europe and made a major dent in the Holy Roman Empire.

BTW, the Bible does not contradict itself, not does it engage in dialectics. So the Reformers were basing their beliefs on Gospel truth. It is up to you see dig deeper.

Well obviously, I did dig deeper. How else would I have discovered the verse does not say: by grace alone but rather says: by grace, through faith. How else would I have discovered the other half if I didn't search it out rather than just assuming as you do that what men have said is right...?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is of my own belief that Christians will be judged by their works but, NOT judged for their sins, God is just and I'm leaving it there,

Agree!
There is Judgement going on regularly...

One can not store up treasures in Heaven...less one is judged to have treasures accounted to him.

Rewards can not be given for good works, less the works are Judged accounted.

Burning of ones works, that do not Glorify God, can not be Judged to be burned, less they are accounted.

Works are not the path to Salvation...they are Judged and accounted for Rewards or Destruction.

Forgiven SIN is not accounted unto the Converted...There is no Sin to be seen or remembered. They are Judged as having Overcome Darkness, standing before the Judge, in A glorious Body of Light.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you know anything about Protestants to even ask such a question? Protestants rejected the false teachings of the Catholic Church, and regardless of any other differences, they all agreed on the biblical principles stated in the FIVE SOLAS.

These Bible truths are not just held by Protestants, but by all non-Catholic evangelicals and fundamentalists. Salvation (justification) is by grace through faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption.

Of course it is about "us" -- all human beings. All human beings are deemed to be sinners by God, and all need to be saved by grace through faith.

This question shows that you are clueless about salvation by grace through faith. And that is because you have conconcted your own gospel.

The concoction comes from the reformation...with all the protests against the truth and God ultimately...and all this added into a protest against Catholic excesses.

So the devil piggy-backed all these heresies on top of a legitimate beef against a worldly church. And many were none the wiser for it.

The truth IS a dialectic...for any honest reader of the bible. The truth is like a wheel within a wheel and a double edged sword.

But many who protest the truth now with a man-made fundamentalism are going to find the sweet taste they derive now in their mouths will become eternally bitter when it reaches the stage of having to be processed within.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's lopsided.

By faith alone is balanced by faith without works is dead.

By grace alone is balanced by: by grace through faith.

By scripture alone is balanced by: the scriptures speak of Me but you refuse to come to me.

Glory to God alone I don't see a thing wrong with!

In saying faith without works is dead, that does not change that the Bible says we are saved through faith. It defines faith, but doesn't change or negate faith.

In saying we are saved by grace, that it comes through faith doesn't change or negate that we are saved by grace.

In saying that some who search the Scriptures don't come to Jesus, this does not change or negate Sola Scriptura.

Glory to God alone!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Agree!

One can not store up treasures in Heaven...less one is judged to have treasures accounted to him.

Burning of ones works, that do not Glorify God, can not be Judged to be burned, less they are accounted.

Works are not the path to Salvation...they are Judged and accounted for Rewards or Destruction.

Forgiven SIN is not accounted unto the Converted...There is no Sin to be seen or remembered. They are Judged as having Overcome Darkness, standing before the Judge, in A glorious Body of Light.

Glory to God,
Taken

Well put @Taken
Why would be Christians be judged for their "sin" as, that would undo what Christ did.
Judging as to "awards" and "prizes" is a whole nuther thing! :)

Reactions: Taken

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well put @Taken
Why would be Christians be judged for their "sin" as, that would undo what Christ did.
Judging as to "awards" and "prizes" is a whole nuther thing! :)

Of the men with the talents, none were judged for their sins, but for what they did with what they were given. One was cast into outer darkness. Is that an award or prize?

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Agree!

Glory to God,
Taken

Protestantism is based on a misunderstanding of the gospel...all kidding aside. Grace by faith is HOW holy people walk like Jesus in the world. But since it sounds easy...a lot of people are claiming what sounds like an easy way in order to seem to be forgiven for ongoing sins. The wages of sin is no longer death...or so the protest goes.

And why not...we live in a fast food generation. And Luther, that anti-Semitic frustrated monk...voiced what a lot of people wanted to hear. We can have salvation WITHOUT actually being holy! A sinful salvation...a protesting holiness based on iniquity.

So Luther introduced the sinful holiness. The self-righteous justification. Just believe and then justify yourself by your belief. No need for God to intervene...just pick out a nice verse for yourself. And of course there is no dialectic in any of these...because there's no truth there.

They who walk under grace don't sin...and they can't sin...because they are walking by a higher law...the law of the Spirit. So then Protestantism is based on CLAIMING to escape the law...while still being under sin.

Hence the lack of honesty among it's practitioners.

So rather than people sharing a testimony of victory in Christ...by the power of actual truth afforded by the grace of God...we only get people citing nice sounding verses that they use to justify themselves.

It's easy so anybody can do this....and they do.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In saying faith without works is dead, that does not change that the Bible says we are saved through faith. It defines faith, but doesn't change or negate faith.

In saying we are saved by grace, that it comes through faith doesn't change or negate that we are saved by grace.

In saying that some who search the Scriptures don't come to Jesus, this does not change or negate Sola Scriptura.

Glory to God alone!

Man is saved by grace through faith and not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9); yet genuine faith is substantiated, evidenced by works (James 2:14-24). Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption "alone" and not based on the merits of our works. It is through faith "in Christ alone" (and not based on the merits of our works) that we are justified based on Christ (Romans 3:24; 5:1; 5:9); yet the faith that justifies does not remain alone (unfruitful, barren) if it is genuine (James 2:14-24). *Perfect Harmony* :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man is saved by grace through faith and not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9); yet genuine faith is substantiated, evidenced by works (James 2:14-24). Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption "alone" and not based on the merits of our works. It is through faith "in Christ alone" (and not based on the merits of our works) that we are justified based on Christ (Romans 3:24; 5:1; 5:9); yet the faith that justifies does not remain alone (unfruitful, barren) if it is genuine (James 2:14-24). *Perfect Harmony* :)
Love it!

Reactions: mailmandan

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..what can God do about it?
I believe that He has already done it!

"Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?" Isaiah 40:21