Are Protestants "saved? "

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The concoction comes from the reformation...with all the protests against the truth and God ultimately...and all this added into a protest against Catholic excesses.

So the devil piggy-backed all these heresies on top of a legitimate beef against a worldly church. And many were none the wiser for it.

The truth IS a dialectic...for any honest reader of the bible. The truth is like a wheel within a wheel and a double edged sword.

But many who protest the truth now with a man-made fundamentalism are going to find the sweet taste they derive now in their mouths will become eternally bitter when it reaches the stage of having to be processed within.
So the devil piggy-backed all these heresies on top of a legitimate beef against a worldly church. And many were none the wiser for it..

Hmm Hmm!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the
OK so who is giving up Calvinism for Lent?
Not all Protestants are Calvinists.
Would we be better offto still be paying indulgences to supposedly get our loved ones out of a purgatory that never really existed?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They who walk under grace don't sin...and they can't sin...because they are walking by a higher law...the law of the Spirit. So then Protestantism is based on CLAIMING to escape the law...while still being under sin.

Hence the lack of honesty among it's practitioners.
If you say you don't sin, you are the one not being honest.

Reactions: mailmandan

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you say you don't sin, you are the one not being honest.

Spoken like true Protestant. So then you are not claiming to be in Christ and still sinning?

In Christ is no sin. That's the truth in the bible.

the reformation changed that to...in Christ you still sin. And...the wages of sin is life!

Theological question: Do you have a mullet?

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I wonder why some responses are posted, as they completely sidestep that which they purport to be responding to.

I think it was Solomon . . . gifted with wisdom and knowledge beyond the rest . . . "For there is no man that sins not . . ."

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of the men with the talents, none were judged for their sins, but for what they did with what they were given. One was cast into outer darkness. Is that an award or prize?

Well, there is that :D. Yet...I'm not at all settled as to what "outer darkness" is! We can also look at the Prodigal...he was certainly not a good steward of his inheritance, yet welcomed with open arms.
I'm more looking at this spiritually. Like if God gifts us with certain well, talents! - they should always be used to further the Kingdom of God.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except a man who abides in Christ.
At all times that he is so abiding. And this doesn't change Solomon's words. Not mine. Quoted from the Bible. People do sin.

Works based salvation theology is antithetical to spiritual life. Law increases sin. Living according to the knowledge of good and evil, when we can be living according to Life Himself.

Much love!

Reactions: Renniks

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, there is that :D. Yet...I'm not at all settled as to what "outer darkness" is! We can also look at the Prodigal...he was certainly not a good steward of his inheritance, yet welcomed with open arms.

I don't know much about the outer darkness except that men will weep and grind their teeth in anger there and that to be thrown in the lake of fire would be more merciful.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At all times that he is so abiding. And this doesn't change Solomon's words. Not mine. Quoted from the Bible. People do sin.

Works based salvation theology is antithetical to spiritual life. Law increases sin. Living according to the knowledge of good and evil, when we can be living according to Life Himself.

Much love!

Abiding in Him is not works of the law.

Reactions: Episkopos