Are The Laws Done Away With?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This subject in my opinion, is of #2 importance when it comes to putting on the whole armour of God. I've grown up in an environment that expressed that it wasn't required or expedient to keep the laws of God. I attempt to shed light on the subject with this two part video.
God Bless!

Only four posts. So this is not a person who wants dialogue.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This subject in my opinion, is of #2 importance when it comes to putting on the whole armour of God. I've grown up in an environment that expressed that it wasn't required or expedient to keep the laws of God. I attempt to shed light on the subject with this two part video.
God Bless!

1 Tim 1:8-11
8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
KJV

What our Lord Jesus nailed to His cross were the laws in blood ordinances and religious rites. He did not throw away God's law of commandments, statutes, and judgments, which are what Paul covered in the above, and is part of Christian doctrine.

The idea of The New Covenant is God writing His laws in our hearts and minds through The Holy Spirit. Thus Apostle Paul in Galatians 5 taught that IF... we walk by The Spirit, then we won't be breaking any of God's laws.

Then I get hit with brethren saying all the law was fulfilled by our Lord Jesus on His cross. If God is writing it in our hearts and minds like He promised, then Jesus did fulfill it. Simple as that. Funny how some interpret the word fulfill as the end of.

Also with God's health law. It did not change. Eating from the unhealthy list will make our flesh body sick. What changed is like Paul said, whatever is sold in the shambles (market), that eat and don't complain. And if an unbeliever asks you to supper, eat whatever they set before you, asking no questions for The Gospel's sake. None of that means God will miraculously change unhealthy food by praying over it and giving thanks. Unhealthy food is still unhealthy. And many brethren have been duped by the children of darkness on this matter, being told they can eat anything and be healthy, as long you given God thanks for it.