"Are The Twelve apostles...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I agree that the Bible and the letters written to very specific people have merit into spiritual principles.

The letters themselves and the gospels narrative and the Old Testament all deal mainly with Israel; with the ending bringing in some gentiles.

I disagree with the premises that the Bible was written specifically too believers in this day and everything said in them still apply in this day in age; while yes spiritual principles are made; there is admonishments for THEM to wait and be ready for the Lord when he has returned unto them.

To say it’s for today in waiting is a mistake in my best estimation.

Agree or disagree it doesn’t hold much weight in my perspective anymore.

May the God of peace still be with you and all your family and may he guide and protect them.

Take care.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People can say what they want.

Disagree or agree.

That is up to you.
Not when it comes to God's words = the Holy Scriptures.

Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.
Proverbs 30:5-6

I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in this book.
Revelation 22:18

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not when it comes to God's words = the Holy Scriptures.

Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.
Proverbs 30:5-6

I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in this book.
Revelation 22:18
I believe you’re a follower of Christ and that is great. People can be intellectually dishonest with scripture (even myself I can make mistakes), when it comes to reading it. You have real people being written to; and to say some things are for us today when it was to them then in that period of time that is being intellectually dishonest when you say it was written to every Christian now today.

Don’t get me wrong friend the Bible is profitable in training and rebuking and setup up people in to righteousness; by spiritual principles no doubt. Old Testament and new.

To disregard the narrative though is foolish.

You have a good night,

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you’re a follower of Christ and that is great. People can be intellectually dishonest with scripture (even myself), when it comes to reading it. You have real people being written to; and to say some things are for us today when it was to them then in that period of time that is being intellectually dishonest when you say it was written to every Christian now today.

Don’t get me wrong friend the Bible is profitable in training and rebuking and setup up people in to righteousness; by spiritual principles no doubt.

To disregard the narrative though is foolish.

You have a good night,
Thank you for your kind words.

The LORD Jesus Christ wants to assure you of this:

"The Spirit gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life."

FATHER, I am not asking that You take them out of the world, but that You keep them from the evil one.
16They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
17Sanctify them by the truth; Your word is truth.
18As You sent Me into the world, I have also sent them into the world. 19For them I sanctify Myself, so that they too may be sanctified by the truth.
20I am not asking on behalf of them alone, but also on behalf of those who will believe in Me through their message,
21that all of them may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.

For the word of God is living and powerful,

Read and Pray the Gospel of John

Reactions: MatthewG

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a TOTALLY POINTLESS question. If anything the twelve apostles (Judas excepted and Paul included) were the first to be placed into the Body of Christ. They received the Holy Ghost on the day of Christ's resurrection! And it is the Holy Spirit who "baptizes" or immerses believers into the Body of Christ. Why would anyone even ask such a question, since the apostles would not be very pleased with such questions?
Every false teaching has its beginning.

They sound like this - "did God really say"

Reactions: Enoch111