Are Translations Inspired ??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Hi to all amd many people that I have debated believe that any change from the English of the KJV is wrong ,

I have 2 translation of the KJV , and one I have had for over 30 years .

I will now write from what my KJV says in Rom 1:4 b , " by the resurrection from the dead " .

In my other bible it read thus ; " by the resurrection from the dead , Jesus Christ the Lord ."

The KJV , LEFT OUT " Jesus Christ the Lord " .

#1 , This why the Original Atuographs need to be studied .

#2 , This is why translations are not Inspirired .

#3 , The KJV onlyish is wrong .

#4 , God did never INSPIRE and only Engish bible .

#5 , There is not such a thing as DOUBLE INSPIRATION ..

DAN P

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Hi to all amd many people that I have debated believe that any change from the English of the KJV is wrong ,

I have 2 translation of the KJV , and one I have had for over 30 years .

I will now write from what my KJV says in Rom 1:4 b , " by the resurrection from the dead " .

In my other bible it read thus ; " by the resurrection from the dead , Jesus Christ the Lord ."

The KJV , LEFT OUT " Jesus Christ the Lord " .

I don't think anyone is going to disagree with that.

Personally I find the KJV utterly useless. A translation is only useful to me in the language I speak. I speak American English. I do not speak Old English.
It's got about as much use to me as a German Bible.

But this statement I have no idea what you're meaning.
Are you suggesting if God inspired the Greek he would not inspire the English translation?

Prove it Biblically.

I do not think he inspired the translations but I do not think it's because he can't, as your absolute statement would lead one to believe, "there is no such thing".

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
I don't think anyone is going to disagree with that.

Personally I find the KJV utterly useless. A translation is only useful to me in the language I speak. I speak American English. I do not speak Old English.
It's got about as much use to me as a German Bible.

But this statement I have no idea what you're meaning.
Are you suggesting if God inspired the Greek he would not inspire the English translation?

Prove it Biblically.

I do not think he inspired the translations but I do not think it's because he can't, as your absolute statement would lead one to believe, "there is no such thing".

Hi TexUs ,and I use the KJV and prefer it , and I can not prove DOUBLE INSPIRATION , but 2 Tim says this , " All scripture is given by inspiration of God " and did not say PLUS translations also , and no one can show that translation , SINCE there are about 160 of them , BUT KJV ONLY people say they can , and they are all over the internet , and in the OT , it says that God created EVIL and I do not believe that translation , dan p

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Hi TexUs , I do not no , what say you ??? dan p
I'm asking you. Surely if you have an opinion on translations you'd have an opinion on the transcriptions.
Your answer depends what my response will be, lol.

Visitor

Aug 18, 2009
You might also want to study to find out why we even have a King James Bible. It was not to give people an English version, it was to replace the Holy Bible in common use at that time. The Geneva Bible was hated by the homosexual King James in large part because of the foot notes. The King James translators used the Geneva Bible for what they claimed was comparison. I could not find the link I was looking for, but found the article I was looking for. I know nothing about the site it’s on, so I’m not promoting it in any way, but here is the link to an interesting article on the subject. http://www.reformedreader.org/gbn/igb.htm

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
I don't think the person behind it matters as long as the translation is accurate.

However, I do pull out the KJV stops (divine right of kings, homosexual, etc) when people insist it's the ONLY translation to use...

Regardless I don't hold the KJV accurate at all. It's hard to read, it's not the language I speak, inaccurate.
Sometimes people prefer it for the "poetic" sounding passages, which is OK I guess- as long as they're accurate.

Ingbert

Feb 4, 2011
Northern Kentucky

Generally, I agree with you, except for #1. The original autographs are no longer extant. The best we can do is study the ancient Greek & Hebrew manuscripts, no two of which agree 100%.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Are Translations Inspired ??
If there not everyone thats not fluent in Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew are in big trouble.

Has one translation cornered the works of Holy Spirit? Unlikely.

People that teach KJV only in effect carry God in a box / book. RCC likens the ark to Mary, KJV only do the same with a translation, they carry it before the people as If it were God

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
An Interesting Challenge.

I have spent over 20 years studying translations and the translation process and find very little that has affected a true Believer's ability to comprehend what God has intended by His Word(s), using whatever translation he/she has.

The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls only added a verse and half to the Masoretic Text which did not alter the context at all.

I use a number of different translations and I have only a few critical comments.

None of these areas has altered my Faith at all, just enhanced it by providing me with questions for further research.

If the Spirit of God dwells within you, and you consult God for Wisdom and understanding, you will never miss the mark when it comes to interpreting His Word(s).

The problem is we don't always ask God. Sometimes we accept teachings, (oral interpretations), because we trust the teacher or we seem to like what has been presented but are not Berean enough to test it.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
If the Spirit of God dwells within you, and you consult God for Wisdom and understanding, you will never miss the mark when it comes to interpreting His Word(s).

The problem is we don't always ask God. Sometimes we accept teachings, (oral interpretations), because we trust the teacher or we seem to like what has been presented but are not Berean enough to test it.

I agree with what you say here but many of the English translations are errant and bias.

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
I agree with what you say here but many of the English translations are errant and bias.

Nothing that the Spirit of God can't handle.

Yes, there are discrepancies in all translations, however if one truly has an open mind to the Spirit of God you will understand what God has intended.

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
I have found faults with translations, and I have discerned for myself that they are not right for me. The Holy Spirit has no problem getting his word across with the KJV, no need for me to have other translations.

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
I have found faults with translations, and I have discerned for myself that they are not right for me. The Holy Spirit has no problem getting his word across with the KJV, no need for me to have other translations.

To a certain extent I would agree.

For those who read and study the NIV, ASV, NASB, NASB-U, NKJV, the Amplified Bible, etc., the same can be said. God has no problem getting His Word(s) across via His Spirit, if we are open to the LORD.

Sometimes, when a statement is made in another way, (that does not alter its contextual intent), via another translation, we can receive an even fuller understanding.

Not that the Spirit of God cannot explain a passage fully, however sometimes our understanding is clouded by other factors at the time of our reading.

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
There have been many good men who wanted to bring a more clear and concise translation of the Scriptures to the common people and many were persecuted severely for their effort. It is very difficult to change the old ways in almost everything but it is especially true of translating Scripture.There are two distinct disciplines that are needed, the ability to translate from one language to another and retain the precise intent of the translated language and the ability to interpret the context correctly.

Many who teach in the Christian Community have no experience in either discipline but do have a true heart for God and Spirit led inspiration. With the many tools available today for research and study, even the novice can interpret Scripture correctly if they will submit to the leading and guidance of the Spirit of God.

Acts 18:24-26: "...a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was a learned man, with a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures. He had been instructed in the way of the Lord, and he spoke with great fervor and taught about Jesus accurately, though he knew only the baptism of John. He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately".

For the open hearted, there is still more to learn.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
[quote name='Dr. David F. Joncorrectly if they will submit to the leading and guidance of the Spirit of God.

Acts 18:24-26: "...a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was a learned man, with a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures. He had been instructed in the way of the Lord, and he spoke with great fervor and taught about Jesus accurately, though he knew only the baptism of John. He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately".

For the open hearted, there is still more to learn.
[/quote]

Hi Dr Jones , and this may help me to see how you may bend theologically , and it is this " what did Aquila and Priscilla tell Apollos , just " what was the WAY " . ESPECIALLY , since Apollas was a John the Baptist Baptized and that was all he knew ??

" W hat is " the Way " as you understand IT " ??

DAN P

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ
Hi Dr Jones , and this may help me to see how you may bend theologically , and it is this " what did Aquila and Priscilla tell Apollos , just " what was the WAY " . ESPECIALLY , since Apollas was a John the Baptist Baptized and that was all he knew ??

"What is "the Way" as you understand IT" ??

[font="tahoma][url="http://biblia.com/bible/esv/Acts%2018.24-26"]Acts 18:24-26[/url] "...a Jew named Apollos, a native of Alexandria, came to Ephesus. He was a learned man, with a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures. He had been instructed in the way of the Lord, and he spoke with great fervor and taught about Jesus accurately, though he knew only the baptism of John. He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately". [/font]

Perhaps they gave him the fuller story of the life and work of Jesus and of the apostolic period to fill up the gaps in his knowledge. Perhaps a better view of the "Upper Room" event, (the "Baptism of the Holy Spirit"), and all the giftings that we see in 1 Cor 12:7-11 and a better view of Mark 16:9-20.