Are we failing the unsaved or are they failing themselves?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stuart

Jan 1, 2021
Scotland
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As a christian we are duty bound to spread the gospel and teach the wordd but are we doing it enough? so many people out their who have fallen away or were never taught of God and the gospel, they dont know Christ and who is there to save them? are we at fault for not trying hard enough to spread the word or are they at fault for their lack of faith in god, jesus and the rest of it, people seem to be turning to other faiths for some reason :( why is that? i have no idea

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a christian we are duty bound to spread the gospel and teach the wordd but are we doing it enough? so many people out their who have fallen away or were never taught of God and the gospel, they dont know Christ and who is there to save them? are we at fault for not trying hard enough to spread the word or are they at fault for their lack of faith in god, jesus and the rest of it, people seem to be turning to other faiths for some reason :( why is that? i have no idea
All I could answer is to remain prayerful, to desire to be obedient, be open to being led, and to share the Gospel, your testimony, an encouragement, whatever your gifting is, whenever it seems the Spirit is moving/leading you.

Our duty is to yield ourselves to God, for Him to do with us as pleases Him. We may have a lot of uncertainty at first, but as we do our level best to serve God, He works in our minds and hearts to understand better, and to be more effective in our service.

How much, how often, what way, that's all up to God. Some will preach all the time, others not nearly as much.

Jesus has given evangelists to the church, so, not everyone is one. But we are all called to give a reason for our faith when asked.

The Bible says that the grace of God unto salvation has appeared to all men, and this tells me that with our without me, God will give everyone the opportunity to know Him. But it also says that if what I use building up His church, if it remains through the fire, it is my reward, then, there is certainly a benefit for me in building the way He wants.

But again, that the bottom line for me. It's whatever God wants.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy and Stuart