Are you a son of God or the bride of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Is God your Father or your Father in law?
The Bible says that the city heavenly Jerusalem is the bride and wife of the Lamb and that all creation is awaiting for the sons of God to be birthed by the Woman who was barren(heavenly Jerusalem) our mother in the image of Christ the Word of God. Do you have the Seed of God growing in your heart to become a child of God? The Seed is The Word who indwells us.

Rev 21:9-12
9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
KJV
Rom 8:14-22
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
KJV
Gal 4:24-29
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
KJV

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
Sorry if this a bit straight forward and it isn't to be taken personally at all. But is it of importance? It's not only your post, so don't get me wrong, but I feel we're losing track if we are going to compare each other. Discerning on a forum and selfdiscerning can be tricky, because sometimes it takes a while to really know or sometimes we think we know. Bless you.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
tempera said:
Sorry if this a bit straight forward and it isn't to be taken personally at all. But is it of importance? It's not only your post, so don't get me wrong, but I feel we're losing track if we are going to compare each other. Discerning on a forum and selfdiscerning can be tricky, because sometimes it takes a while to really know or sometimes we think we know. Bless you.
I like truth, so I am not offended. However you may have misunderstood my post. I am not asking anyone to discern which one they are. I am asking who believes they are we being transformed into a bride of Christ which clearly the Bible says is the City it's self and not people. People are the children of God and of the bride, Not the bride. Their actions are what constitute the holiness of the bride for she is our mother(The Woman) who teaches us raising her children up in a godly manner.
Or do you believe we are being transformed into the son's of God being formed into the image of Christ who marries the Bride, which again is the city above, heavenly Jerusalem and our mother? In Christ we are being formed into the one NEW MAN in Christ being the Word, not into a bride.

Isa 62:4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzi-bah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.
5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.
KJV
Do you realize that Adam was both male and female(not physically) until God divided him and removed Eve from his side? God is all attributes of male and female as well for Adam was created in the image of God. In the body of Christ there is neither Jew or Gentile MALE OR FEMALE for we shall be of one gender and bloodline. We are the BODY of Christ as in arms, legs, etc... and our head is Male being Christ. So we are not really becoming a bride for Christ but Virgins(spiritual) to become one with his body as Adam, who was the first, and now Jesus is the last Adam. Adam was both male and female in ATTRIBUTES, not in gender of the flesh as we in our fallen nature were given to lust in the flesh to produce children. They had no children until after they disobeyed God being found naked(No covering Spirit) into a fallen nature and were given SKIN.
Blessings

tempera

Sep 16, 2012
Sometimes the way we formulate things can create confusion. Now it's more clear in which direction you want us to think about it. Since I am rather new when it comes to reading the Word, I'll leave it to others to answer. Thank you.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
tempera said:
Sometimes the way we formulate things can create confusion. Now it's more clear in which direction you want us to think about it. Since I am rather new when it comes to reading the Word, I'll leave it to others to answer. Thank you.
Bless you for your honesty and humbleness and please forgive me for I am by no means a grammar student and can get confusing in my attempts to reveal truths when other teachings have been so imbedded in our ears for centuries that it is hard to accept, even when the scripture is shown.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have heard of people that believe the bride of Christ is Jeruselum. but what you quote does not say a thing about whether or not the church is the bride of Christ. i know for a fact that the church is referred to as the bride of Christ also. the old testament is not the place to find out about the bride of Christ because it has been a mystery to all until it was revealed at pentecost. nowhere in the old testament is the church revealed until the epistles.

now if you were to ask whether i was a son of God or a bride of Christ i would have to say both. sorry but my computer is running real slow atm so i will stop here for now

God bless

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
7angels said:
i have heard of people that believe the bride of Christ is Jeruselum. but what you quote does not say a thing about whether or not the church is the bride of Christ. i know for a fact that the church is referred to as the bride of Christ also. the old testament is not the place to find out about the bride of Christ because it has been a mystery to all until it was revealed at pentecost. nowhere in the old testament is the church revealed until the epistles.

now if you were to ask whether i was a son of God or a bride of Christ i would have to say both. sorry but my computer is running real slow atm so i will stop here for now

God bless
Greetings,
Do you call the people of God the church? There are many verses in the OT that talk about the Branch, the Holy One and speak of him saving souls choosing out a people for God in the future to restore mankind and Israel. Israel as a nation must be restored unto holiness and those birthed in the image of Christ as the son's of God will be the children, not the Bride.
What we are, is joining ourselves to the Word/Jesus in covenant with God to become sons of God. Rather we are Jew or Gentile, male or female does not matter for we have one head of the body and it is Christ we all must be of ONE WORD and will be the ONE new man or Last Adam whom was created in God's image and was both male and female in attributes before God later on took Eve out of Adam. God is all attributes of male and female yet He is Spirit. He has to be ALL THINGS for nothing else can exist without His knowledge of it.

Rom 9:24-27
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
KJV
Hos 1:8-11
8 Now when she had weaned Lo-ruhamah, she conceived, and bare a son.
9 Then said God, Call his name Lo-ammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.
10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.
11 Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.
KJV
Isa 66:5-9
5 Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.
7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came{BEFORE THE GREAT TRIBULATION}, she was delivered of a man child.
8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
KJV
Rev 12:5-6
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
KJV

Jesus is the Door to the womb of our mother heavenly Jerusalem. Once the time is up, the Door to the womb for the heavenly hope shall be SHUT!!
That time is about up as we speak.
Blessings

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what are you trying to say here? from my research into these verses i come up with this meaning. The woman has been shown to most probably symbolize the faithful, spiritual remnant of Israel within the physical descendants of Jacob. Thus, the woman primarily represents a corporate body whose individual members change throughout history. In Isaiah 66:7-8 the child of the woman, who is certainly a personification of Israel or Jerusalem (“Zion,” 66:8), is shown to be not a single individual, but himself a corporate body, for he is later called τὰ παιδία “the children.” This parallelism is seen in both the LXX and the MT.105 In the original context, God is promising Israel a miraculous restoration and renewal (Isa 66:10-24), as well as an in-gathering of people from every nation to see the glory of the Lord (Isa 66:18-19).

i need more time for more research about these other scriptures

God bless

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
7angels said:
what are you trying to say here? from my research into these verses i come up with this meaning. The woman has been shown to most probably symbolize the faithful, spiritual remnant of Israel within the physical descendants of Jacob. Thus, the woman primarily represents a corporate body whose individual members change throughout history. In Isaiah 66:7-8 the child of the woman, who is certainly a personification of Israel or Jerusalem (“Zion,” 66:8), is shown to be not a single individual, but himself a corporate body, for he is later called τὰ παιδία “the children.” This parallelism is seen in both the LXX and the MT.105 In the original context, God is promising Israel a miraculous restoration and renewal (Isa 66:10-24), as well as an in-gathering of people from every nation to see the glory of the Lord (Isa 66:18-19).

i need more time for more research about these other scriptures

God bless
Yes, the body of Christ is a body of believers UNITED AS ONE New Man(children) whom have stayed in the faith by abiding in the Christ as they agreed to join themselves to the Word to be reborn spiritually from above(heavenly Jerusalem our mother) to renew their minds and works to the things of God. They are men and women(virgins in the spiritual sense) who have not defiled themselves with woman, meaning was unfaithful to the Word/Christ for someone they love, to show more love for them than God. They have since coming to Christ have learned to overcome the lusts of the flesh, meaning not to do Satan's bidding by falling for temptations to sin.

These will be restored Israel for God is not a respector of persons. They may not all be natural Jews, but spiritual Jews for the promise is to Isaac not to the natural son of the flesh. Flesh and blood men(us in our carnal nature) can not inherit the kingdom of God, only those led of the Spirit of God, not those led of their flesh man. So natural Jews as well MUST be born again for that is why Jesus came to the Jews first. God says the soul that sinneth it shall die!! We must shed our fleshly desires to overcome evil

We Gentiles by nature, have now been brought into the commonwealth as citizens of Israel, yet not of the old covenant which is fading away, but of the new covenant which is for whosoeverwill. Even the unbelieving Jews under the OC who are still in bondage because they do not have the helper Holy Spirit, which is only given in Christ, to indwell them to guide them how to overcome their sinful flesh, will be destroyed and will not inherit the kingdom if they do not come out of the bondage of sinful ways unto Christ and the Spirit. Saved Gentiles are indebted to the Jews for our salvation and we must in turn cast them out of the bondwoman(earthly Jerusalem old covenant Israel) and into the free woman(heavenly Jerusalem new covenant Israel)
Much of the OT is referring to the restoration of Israel in the body of Christ in the last days. Out of old Israel God has spared only 7,000 OT saints which will be saved by grace and are to this day. I believe these to be those who were released from death at Christ' resurrection after the death penalty was paid to the Father in Matt 27:50-54 and came out of their graves fulfilling Ez.37 dry bones of the whole house of OLD Israel.
Col 3:11-12
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
KJV
1 Peter 2:4-10
4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
KJV
1 Kings 19:18
18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.
KJV
Rom 11:4-5
4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
KJV

These are Devout Jews who adhere to God's Word that are alive to this day. There are many scriptures that show it possible that certain men may remain alive until Christ returns. Take for instance the 144,000 who will all be alive at the same time in the end and are sealed from the harm to come. How is it that none of the individuals in the past 2,000 yrs were worthy made holy until these last days? So these must have continued to remain alive even if their bodies had to be regenerated. Martha, sister of Lazarus said yea in the resurrection of us all shall I see my brother again, but Jesus said that he was the resurrection and that those who believe upon him shall NEVER DIE, HUNGER OR THIRST so what would that mean if they still stay in the ground when they die? Jesus did not see decay even though he died. Lazarus began to decay but arose back to life when the Father through Jesus raised him up. Peter when asking Jesus what would be John's fate, said what is it to you if I have him tarry until I come, what is that to you Peter? While it does not confirm that John has remained alive, it does show it is possible.

Blessings

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi faithful, I again must disagree with your conclusions. The seven thousand from 1 Kings and Rom. 11 are the same seven thousand. Paul is just quoting from 1 Kings. That in no way implies that there are just seven thousand today. Indeed, that number will multiply to at least 144,000. One shouldn't take a figure of speech such as "what's it to you if..." and then believe there are immortal people living for thousands of years.