Arguing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Because it was KNITTING! That's why you left!

j/k -My wife is a quilter.
Wow!!!...maybe show us some of her work?xx

I love knitting, I don’t enjoy the sewing up afterwards, my friends husband is a knitter, he is an amazing knitter, she was showing me some of his work ,when we met up for coffee on Thursday, he knits a lot for charity, not blankets...toys...Peter Rabbit, Clowns, I must admit I’m not keen on the clowns, far to colourful for me.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This actually reminded me of something that happend long long ago .
Long ago JESUS walked . He had certain desciples around him .
HE said something that offended the people .
The desciples then came to him and said LORD dont you know this offended them .
He didnt then say oh i better change my message and words .
HE said this . Leave them Be they are the blind leaders of the blind
and every plant that my Father has not planted shall be rooted up . ROOTED UP , aka DESTROYED .
My desire is good my loyalty is to GOD and not men . I do as i am led to do .
If a man desires not to read what i say , then dont . But why do it bother you so ...........that be the question .
Anyway i never said its a requirment or one is FORCED to have to read it . But do understand
i wont be changing . I will simply do as i am LED to do . Be encouraged .
save-image.png

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love knitting
One of the best gifts I got as a kid was a knit sweater my aunt made for me. I wore it all the time playing street hockey.

My mother remarked with pride that I must really like that sweater because I keep wearing it even though it has worn with holes. My father taught me to have "work clothes" which is different from casual clothes. Never do I confuse the 2. Never did I wear my knit sweater casually after relegating it to my hockey attire.

I told my mother that the sweater gave me freedom of movement my coat did not. And I needed that to play the sport. Whenever I think of knitting, I think of that aunt and those happy days.

/maybe not much on the arguing OP but there it is. :cool:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the best gifts I got as a kid was a knit sweater my aunt made for me. I wore it all the time playing street hockey.

My mother remarked with pride that I must really like that sweater because I keep wearing it even though it has worn with holes. My father taught me to have "work clothes" which is different from casual clothes. Never do I confuse the 2. Never did I wear my knit sweater casually after relegating it to my hockey attire.

I told my mother that the sweater gave me freedom of movement my coat did not. And I needed that to play the sport. Whenever I think of knitting, I think of that aunt and those happy days.

This in no way bothered me at all . But i did want to use this to make a point .
How come its okay to talk about this which is not the topic
and yet when a man brings biblical reminders do we need to AIR the Oxygen .
Think about that . Now remember i DID say to you that it dont bother me one lick you changed the subject .
But again why is it so wicked and bad for one to BRING doctrine that focuses on TRUTH and correction and reminders .
You think on that for a while .

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I love knitting, I don’t enjoy the sewing up afterwards, my friends husband is a knitter, he is an amazing knitter, she was showing me some of his work ,when we met up for coffee on Thursday, he knits a lot for charity, not blankets...toys...Peter Rabbit, Clowns, I must admit I’m not keen on the clowns, far to colourful for me.
Think about this for a second .
Did it bother me that folks talked about something that was not the focus of the topic . NO .
And i noticed even wrangler was busy too .
And yet when i bring biblical things to remind us i get told Air the oxygen .
I only brought this up to make us all THINK about this .
WHAT it is about them reminders that bother some folks so ........
NOT YOU of course . but i did want to mention this to you anyway .

SO the question for us all
is WHY is it okay to change the subject for Some things , but deadly wrong to do so to remind us of the truth .
SOmething sure dont seem right about that my dear sister .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

How lovely...wool is so expensive these days...I used to make rangy dolls, I used to make plaits with the wool, dungarees, dresses, problem was, no sooner had I knitted them, some friends or family wanted them for their children...

I may start making them again....maybe I could start a thread dedicated to knitting....once I start on knitting, it’s hard to put it down..xx

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did it bother me that folks talked about something that was not the focus of the topic . NO .

is WHY is it okay to change the subject for Some things , but deadly wrong to do so to remind us of the truth .
Ok Brother, I agree with your point...if I take up knitting again, I will start a different thread...I don’t mind what you post...as long as the mods are ok with it also.

We all have our snipes at each other at times imo, we’re still a family on here,...I’ve asked God to make me less sensitive to being told off...I would usually react to being told off..depending who it was and how they told me off..I ask God to humble me now...xx

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How lovely...wool is so expensive these days...I used to make rangy dolls, I used to make plaits with the wool, dungarees, dresses, problem was, no sooner had I knitted them, some friends or family wanted them for their children...

I may start making them again....maybe I could start a thread dedicated to knitting....once I start on knitting, it’s hard to put it down..xx
Yet i know of a wool that is freely given to those who believe on CHRIST JESUS .
ITS FREE , JESUS paid the price so as we could wear white robes .
But on that note let us also beware
for many there be indeed that can appear to wear wool and yet are not born again but rather come to decieve from within .
Just a friendly reminder to all .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

You keep posting, no complaints here, as long as those in charge ( mods) are ok with it...xx

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yet i know of a wool that is freely given to those who believe on CHRIST JESUS .
ITS FREE , JESUS paid the price so as we could wear white robes .
But on that note let us also beware
for many there be indeed that can appear to wear wool and yet are not born again but rather come to decieve from within .
Just a friendly reminder to all .
Amen!!xx

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok Brother, I agree with your point...if I take up knitting again, I will start a different thread...I don’t mind what you post...as long as the mods are ok with it also.

We all have our snipes at each other at times imo, we’re still a family on here,...I’ve asked God to make me less sensitive to being told off...I would usually react to being told off..depending who it was and how they told me off..I ask God to humble me now...xx
My point was not against you or wrangler or any that might change the subject .
It dont bother me a bit . the point was why are folks against this ONLY WHEN the words they read they DO NOT LIKE .
because let us face it , that is really what the problem is .
But anyway , you march onwards in the LORD . I harbor no ill will towards any . Just desire good for all the peoples .
Now raise the hands and let the glorious LORD be praised .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My point was not against you or wrangler or any that might change the subject .
It dont bother me a bit . the point was why are folks against this ONLY WHEN the words they read they DO NOT LIKE .
because let us face it , that is really what the problem is .
But anyway , you march onwards in the LORD . I harbor no ill will towards any . Just desire good for all the peoples .
Now raise the hands and let the glorious LORD be praised .
The forum wouldn’t be the same without our beloved Amigo...xxx

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One of my granddaughters is eleven. While we in the store the other day she mentioned wanting yarns and hooks. I get confused over crocheting and knitting. Are they the same? Anyways, she decided to start with these little kits where everything comes with it. They were adorable “make your own key chain”. One was an orange, another an avocado, and another a star. She was so excited to get started. I thought those were beginner kits and would be easy. Surely they come with instructions! Rita we can not understand the instructions at all. It’s as if it in another language. She was supposed to make this …as of right now the kits have been opened but untouched :oops:938D2587-7AA2-49CB-B37E-3E7400334374.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One of my granddaughters is eleven. While we in the store the other day she mentioned wanting yarns and hooks. I get confused over crocheting and knitting. Are they the same? Anyways, she decided to start with these little kits where everything comes with it. They were adorable “make your own key chain”. One was an orange, another an avocado, and another a star. She was so excited to get started. I thought those were beginner kits and would be easy. Surely they come with instructions! Rita we can not understand the instructions at all. It’s as if it in another language. She was supposed to make this …as of right now the kits have been opened but untouched :oops:View attachment 44572
Crochet is different to knitting...the abbreviations are also hard to follow on patterns, if you aren’t familiar with the crochet/ knitting abbreviations.

I’ve forgotten the abbreviations for knitting...my advice Sis, for your granddaughter is.....look up beginners guide to crochet, on YouTube, they will take her through the abbreviations step by step.

I’m going to be watching a tutorial on YouTube....all I can remember is plain stitch...I also want to learn to cast on much neater....it’s all on YouTube....good luck....that star looks delightful,xx

• Love
Reactions: VictoryinJesus