Arminianism, Calvinism, or Universal Restoration?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, if I infer that you are calling God a tyrant
No. I am using a debate tactic in using my opponents terms & dichotomies against him.

He called God a tyrant and I went with it.

In short, his argument was an Appeal to Ad Homenim; to assume the power to dictate terms to our Creator, that IF we do not concede this power to him, THEN God is a tyrant.

I did not shriek from the notion that God has all the power, all the say and if that means you call him a name, so be it. I’m OK with that.

Today, people are afraid to embrace the tactic of being called names, such as tyrant, racist, sexist, etc. I am not. By embracing the name, you take away all the debate opponents power WHILE maintaining your support for a proposition.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I am using a debate tactic in using my opponents terms & dichotomies against him.

He called God a tyrant and I went with it.

In short, his argument was an Appeal to Ad Homenim; to assume the power to dictate terms to our Creator, that IF we do not concede this power to him, THEN God is a tyrant.

I did not shriek from the notion that God has all the power, all the say and if that means you call him a name, so be it. I’m OK with that.

Today, people are afraid to embrace the tactic of being called names, such as tyrant, racist, sexist, etc. I am not. By embracing the name, you take away all the debate opponents power WHILE maintaining your support for a proposition.
No. That's not what happened at all.
In the quote below another respondent saw it correctly.
But he is not calling God a tyrant nor does he believe God is one. He is saying a particular conception of God (ECT) makes God a tyrant.
Agree. Thanks!