As far as the East is from the West:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 103:11-12
[11] For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him. [12] As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Just how far is the East from the West? Consider the distance between heaven and earth...this is how far God has removed our transgressions from us.

As far as sin is from Mercy.
As far as division is from One body.
As far as scattered is from Gathered.
As far as broken is from whole.
As far as sickness is from restored.
As far as darkness is from Light.
As far as death is from Life.
As far as hate is from Love.
As far as separation is from United.
As far as unforgiven is from Forgiven.
...so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. As far as the East is from the West. For as Heaven is high above the earth. So great is the east from the West. From one stretched out hand to the other.

Matthew 24:27
[27] For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

As sin cometh out of the east and shineth to Mercy.
As divisions cometh out of the east and shineth to One body.
As scattered cometh out of the east and shineth to Gathered.
As broken cometh out of the east and shineth to being made Whole.
As sickness cometh out of the east and shineth to restored.
As darkness cometh out of the east and shineth to light.
As death cometh out of the east and shineth to Life.
As hate cometh out of the east and shineth to Love.
As separation cometh out of the east and shineth to United.
As unforgiven cometh out of the east and shineth to forgiven.

... so shall the coming of the Son of man be. From death unto Life. From flesh unto Spirit.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
As sin cometh out of the east and shineth to Mercy.
As divisions cometh out of the east and shineth to One body.
As scattered cometh out of the east and shineth to Gathered.
As broken cometh out of the east and shineth to being made Whole.
As sickness cometh out of the east and shineth to restored.
As darkness cometh out of the east and shineth to light.
As death cometh out of the east and shineth to Life.
As hate cometh out of the east and shineth to Love.
As separation cometh out of the east and shineth to United.
As unforgiven cometh out of the east and shineth to forgiven.
these iyo reflect the same symbology as "lightning flashing from East to West?"
hmm

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 77:18
[18] The voice of thy thunder was in the heaven: the lightnings lightened the world: the earth trembled and shook.

Jeremiah 10:12-13
[12] He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion. [13] When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.

Ezekiel 1:13-15
[13] As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, and like the appearance of lamps: it went up and down among the living creatures; and the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning. [14] And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning. [15] Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.

Revelation 4:5
[5] And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Isaiah 30:30
[30] And the Lord shall cause his glorious voice to be heard, and shall shew the lighting down of his arm, with the indignation of his anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones.

Revelation 11:18-19
[18] And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. [19] And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Revelation 18:1
[1] And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
these iyo reflect the same symbology as "lightning flashing from East to West?"
hmm

Also there is 2 Thessalonians 2:8 which tells of His brightness. “And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:”

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Also there is 2 Thessalonians 2:8 which tells of His brightness. “And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:”
i get a distinct feeling however that the tone of your op is like "East bad, West good" for some reason?
rather diff from the tone i get from Scripture iow, lightning flashes from East--originates there iow--to West--where it is/was still needed?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i get a distinct feeling however that the tone of your op is like "East bad, West good" for some reason?
rather diff from the tone i get from Scripture iow, lightning flashes from East--originates there iow--to West--where it is/was still needed?

Yeah...I may have messed this one up. Meant it to be praise for what He has done and how far.

Regarding your post in Genesis 38:30
[30] And afterward came out his brother, that had the scarlet thread upon his hand: and his name was called Zarah.

The one with the scarlet thread was called Zarah meaning east brightness. Which connects to the “chaff” being scattered. And to “winnowth”. East bad? No. I didnt mean to imply east is where it all originated but where it is destroyed.(maybe) Ruth 3:2 And now is not Boaz of our kindred, with whose maidens thou wast? Behold, he winnoweth barley to night in the threshingfloor.

Isn’t this what is prophesied of the coming of the Lord? Luke 3:16-17
[16] John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: [17] Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

As far as east to west, or west to east? The direction...You may be right. I don’t know. Do you have any scripture to help bring out west to east? Because the word clearly says Matthew 24:27
[27] For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Luke 17:23-24
[23] And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them , nor follow them . [24] For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

(IMO)not literal lightening.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yeah...I may have messed this one up. Meant it to be praise for what He has done and how far.

[30] And afterward came out his brother, that had the scarlet thread upon his hand: and his name was called Zarah.

The one with the scarlet thread was called Zarah meaning east brightness. Which connects to the “chaff” being scattered. And to “winnowth”. East bad? No. I didnt mean to imply east is where it all originated but where it is destroyed.(maybe) Ruth 3:2 And now is not Boaz of our kindred, with whose maidens thou wast? Behold, he winnoweth barley to night in the threshingfloor.

[16] John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: [17] Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

As far as east to west, or west to east? The direction...You may be right. I don’t know. Do you have any scripture to help bring out west to east? Because the word clearly says Matthew 24:27

[23] And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them , nor follow them . [24] For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

I guess the point is that it's infinite: no west pole or east pole (while there is indeed a north pole and a south pole...)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do you have any scripture to help bring out west to east? Because the word clearly says Matthew 24:27
no i don't bc it is "East, to West" for a reason imo, the Euphrates is dried up to make way for "the kings of the East," etc, to come West iow, with their armies is implied, but there are no actual people involved anyway, but the point is "from East to West" and even "as far as East is from West" are all dialectic code that is conveying info on a...diff level than logic, and facts. No actual kings will be crossing the Euphrates in the way we...in our common def of "kings"

"As far as West is from East" would not even work there, see, it would ruin the symbology, even though to a logical thinker they mean the same thing, right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

ok Zerah is just...kind of an OT Esau, meaning Zerah really shouldn't be invoked without Perez, and that is really a story about an Egyptian Pharaoh's dynasty ending, more or less; but that would be way too distracting to get into here prolly i guess, and you seem to be wanting to make a diff point with Zarah so nevermind this part really, but imo i wouldn't infer too deeply into Zerah without considering Perez in the mix is what i mean there

Anyway, i'm not quite following here, "The one with the scarlet thread was called Zarah meaning east brightness. Which connects to the “chaff” being scattered." i'm not seeing the connection, could you clarify that and maybe i could comment then?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

ha no, not literal lightning, just a fancy way to say "the 100th monkey" or "when the lightbulb lights" or "when the light dawns," which can even be extracted from other passages @ "sunrise," etc. imo

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no i don't bc it is "East, to West" for a reason imo, the Euphrates is dried up to make way for "the kings of the East," etc, to come West iow, with their armies is implied, but there are no actual people involved anyway, but the point is "from East to West" and even "as far as East is from West" are all dialectic code that is conveying info on a...diff level than logic, and facts. No actual kings will be crossing the Euphrates in the way we...in our common def of "kings"

"As far as West is from East" would not even work there, see, it would ruin the symbology, even though to a logical thinker they mean the same thing, right

A few verses to consider.

Isaiah 46:11-13
[11] Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it , I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it , I will also do it. [12] Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness: [13] I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Isaiah 43:5-9
[5] Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;(Luke 11:23)(Matthew 12:30) [6] I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; [7] Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him. [8] Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears. [9] Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: who among them can declare this, and shew us former things? let them bring forth their witnesses, that they may be justified: or let them hear, and say, It is truth.

Jeremiah 31:37-40
[37] Thus saith the Lord ; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the Lord . [38] Behold, the days come, saith the Lord , that the city shall be built to the Lord from the tower of Hananeel unto the gate of the corner. [39] And the measuring line shall yet go forth over against it upon the hill Gareb, and shall compass about to Goath. [40] And the whole valley of the dead bodies, and of the ashes, and all the fields unto the brook of Kidron, unto the corner of the horse gate toward the east, shall be holy unto the Lord ; it shall not be plucked up, nor thrown down any more for ever.

Jeremiah 31:27-28
[27] Behold, the days come, saith the Lord , that I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and with the seed of beast. [28] And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the Lord .

“I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man ....and with the seed of beast.” What does this have to do with the OP of East to West? You said maybe I’m calling East bad and West good. I’m suggesting destruction makes desolate (barren)which makes ground fertile. Divisions (to scatter) and then to ‘gather’ again with increase. A season for both. For the longest time I thought Jesus became Satan (the serpent) on the cross. That is not true but instead He overcome evil with good. that He became sin. He never became hate but overcame hate with Love. That is what I’m attempting to show here: East to West...both His will and for His good purpose.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
“I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man ....and with the seed of beast.” What does this have to do with the OP of East to West? You said maybe I’m calling East bad and West good. I’m suggesting destruction makes desolate (barren)which makes ground fertile. Divisions (to scatter) and then to ‘gather’ again with increase. A season for both. For the longest time I thought Jesus became Satan (the serpent) on the cross. That is not true but instead He overcome evil with good. that He became sin. He never became hate but overcame hate with Love. That is what I’m attempting to show here: East to West...both His will and for His good purpose.
and why do those invoke "East to West" to you?
they strike me as two diff concepts right now, i'm not seeing the connection i guess