As It Was In The Days of Noah, So Shall It Be When Jesus Comes Back = Matthew 24;36-39, Luke 17;26-2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As It Was In The Days of Noah, So Shall It Be When Jesus Comes Back = Matthew 24;36-39, Luke 17;26-27
==============================================================================

Matthew 24;36-39
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Luke 17;26-27
And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

***In Noah’s days - People were wicked, had evil imaginations and evil thoughts continually. They were corrupt people. The earth was filled with violence and the earth was corrupted.

Genesis 6:5, 11-13
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

AMEN

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!

In Noah’s day the SAVED were risen up above the Earth, above the mountain peaks, in the Clouds... :)

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As It Was In The Days of Noah, So Shall It Be When Jesus Comes Back = Matthew 24;36-39, Luke 17;26-27

Matthew 24;36-39
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Luke 17;26-27
And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

***In Noah’s days - People were wicked, had evil imaginations and evil thoughts continually. They were corrupt people. The earth was filled with violence and the earth was corrupted.

And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

AMEN

Greetings, MizKJV.

If you look at the context of these verses, His primary point was that the return of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as the day the rains started to fall and the deluge began. They were still going about their business as if nothing was going to happen. Hence the mention of still eating and drinking, and giving in marriage.

That said, I do believe the days will be exceedingly evil. The fourth beast (i.e. the last great empire) will go forth to destroy and kill on a scale the earth has never seen before, and death and wickedness will be taking place everywhere.

So yes, the violence and wickedness will parallel the days of Noah, though His actual focus here is that it will catch the world off guard. It's a similar teaching to where Paul prophesied, "For when they shall say, 'Peace and Safety,' then shall sudden destruction come upon them, and they shall not escape."

Reactions: TLHKAJ

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Always "evil continually" comes to mind frequently these days.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 24;36-39

Luke 17;26-27

AMEN

Amen as well maam. You know that the violence and wickedness of man is great, almost unbelievable really. Like the days of Noah, we can be sure God is well aware of it, and is soon to take action.

Interestingly the reason Jesus spoke that is to bring attention to why those was destroyed, he pointed out that most of them were good people, doing the things we do, eating, drinking, marrying, but they simply had no time for God, they took no note of Him, until of course, the flood came and swept them all away. We need to acknowledge Him now, and do our utmost to serve Him the way He desires us to. Sadly for most, when Jesus returns just like the days of Noah, it will be too late.