Ask a catholic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Two;36041)
Still judging either way you look at it. Trying to find faults is judging anyway you look at it. What I want to know is what is it with the RCC? I suppose next thing the RCC will be the antichrist or will cause WWIII or something.
So you are saying that when we say Truth, we are judging? So we shouldn't say the Truth at all to reach many, I mean, many souls that they can be saved? So we should condemn their souls?God forbids!John 7:24 - Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Truth is one thing but trying to find kinks in a religions armour is something else. And you say Truth to many in essence thats pushing one belief onto someone else. What truth maybe to one religion maybe different to another. If its one thing I have found since I started posting on various Christian forums is that every word is microscopically dissected and torn apart in order to break down an argument into the belief that best fits the individuals needs at the time. Its like being in a interrogation room being accused of a crime.

biblicalthought

Feb 6, 2008
(DrBubbaLove;36004)
Let me ask it another way.What would the men Timothy taught (and the men they taught..and so on) call the things which are not written in scripture that Paul told Timothy to teach them?
Are you saying that the "content" of what was taught by Timothy, and what the men he taught taught, and so on, is the RC concept of tradition?

waynemlj

Feb 8, 2008
Hi Two,Please note the difference between judging and discerning. We are to KNOW God's word correctly. That takes time and study and a life yielded to the Holy Spirit who teaches us the meaning of Scripture.2 Tim:2:15 -- Here we have God's command to discern truth from falsehood, "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. "waynemlj

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Two;36050)
Truth is one thing but trying to find kinks in a religions armour is something else. And you say Truth to many in essence thats pushing one belief onto someone else. What truth maybe to one religion maybe different to another. If its one thing I have found since I started posting on various Christian forums is that every word is microscopically dissected and torn apart in order to break down an argument into the belief that best fits the individuals needs at the time. Its like being in a interrogation room being accused of a crime.
The only soul that is forcing us to do something / believe in something is the fallen archangel Lucifer himself.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Wayne I appreciate the clarification but it irks the daylights out of me to read someone bashing another religion when they have no proof that theirs is the just religion. Did God say in any scripture that all who worship in the Baptist denomination are the only true religion? (just using Baptists as an example folks), Get right down to it if memory serves me correctly the Christian faith evolved out of Judaism if I am wrong sorry but I think I read that some where.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Two;36069)
Wayne I appreciate the clarification but it irks the daylights out of me to read someone bashing another religion when they have no proof that theirs is the just religion.
Okay, put it this way then... Who is the one doing the bashing, the Kenites or Yahshua? (Jesus Christ)JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Someone show me in scripture where God says there is one almighty religion above all others the ultimate religion. The only one God will accept has true. We know the Bible is Gods profound word no question.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Two;36072)
Someone show me in scripture where God says there is one almighty religion above all others the ultimate religion. The only one God will accept has true. We know the Bible is Gods profound word no question.
I have to ask this question. When did Truth become a religion?God's Words has no denominations and has no religion.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the worldP.S. I am a person who needs no religion, why should I have a religion when I have Christ?

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
According to some folks here it does are we would not be bashing the Catholic denomination. And why the devil does truth keep coming up? Got nothing to do with truth. Gods words have denominations here are there would be no dissection of a religion that people feel does not conform to Christian ethics.I am a person who needs no religion, why should I have a religion when I have Christ?Why read the Bible then?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Two;36076)
According to some folks here it does are we would not be bashing the Catholic denomination. And why the devil does truth keep coming up? Got nothing to do with truth. Gods words have denominations here are there would be no dissection of a religion that people feel does not conform to Christian ethics.I am a person who needs no religion, why should I have a religion when I have Christ?Why read the Bible then?
Why do I read it? Because it is the Word of God. And it is Truth. No religion or denominations are required. Christ alone is the power and the wisdom of God. (I Corinthians 1:24)JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

biblicalthought

Feb 6, 2008
(DrBubbaLove;36060)
Am asking you what those men would call it since they cannot call it scripture.
:naughty:The question wasn't asking for an argument from silence. The New Covenant era special revelation of God to His people whenever given via oral transmission was always subject to the authority of Scripture.Since Paul did not break onto the scene teaching novel ideas of non-revalatory Origin, but rather justified the validity of his message as having already been established through the OT Scriptures, I don't see how you can rightly use 2 Timothy as a legitimate answer to my initial question, which was: Can you provide a verse where an OT prophet, Jesus, or any of the Apostles appealed to "tradition" for doctrine or authority?

Nov 8, 2007
I don't mean to offend any Catholics, I was once Catholic(The Harlot in Revelation 13). Then I left her and Joined her Daughters(Denomination). Then I remembered Revelation 3:15, We are Laodicea and God is calling me out of Denomination. He told me Go back to Ephesus, Go back to Paul, back to Pentecost! BACK TO THE BEGINNING! The Apostolic Faith. Where Men stood for Christ and the Truth! Where Women knew their Places, wore womanly garments, no makeup, didn't cut their hair. Where men respected their women, and women did not exhort authority over men. Where Men and Women can Assemble in Holy Assembly to Worship God!You Catholics, may I ask. In John Chapter 3, where Jesus Christ said no man can see the Kingdom of God unless he Be Born Again. If Mary was Sinless and already had rights to go to heaven, why do you think she Was with the other 119 People in the Upper Room in Acts Chapter 2. Cause SHE NEEDED to be Baptized of the Holy Ghost, Acting Drunk, Speaking Tongues and dancing in the SpiritOh My! I'm so glad to be a called a Holy Roller! To be grouped with those of the Azuza Street Revival! OH MY!I Love Catholics.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Unorthodox Christian;36105)
I don't mean to offend any Catholics, I was once Catholic(The Harlot in Revelation 13). Then I left her and Joined her Daughters(Denomination). Then I remembered Revelation 3:15, We are Laodicea and God is calling me out of Denomination. He told me Go back to Ephesus, Go back to Paul, back to Pentecost! BACK TO THE BEGINNING! The Apostolic Faith. Where Men stood for Christ and the Truth! Where Women knew their Places, wore womanly garments, no makeup, didn't cut their hair. Where men respected their women, and women did not exhort authority over men. Where Men and Women can Assemble in Holy Assembly to Worship God!You Catholics, may I ask. In John Chapter 3, where Jesus Christ said no man can see the Kingdom of God unless he Be Born Again. If Mary was Sinless and already had rights to go to heaven, why do you think she Was with the other 119 People in the Upper Room in Acts Chapter 2. Cause SHE NEEDED to be Baptized of the Holy Ghost, Acting Drunk, Speaking Tongues and dancing in the SpiritOh My! I'm so glad to be a called a Holy Roller! To be grouped with those of the Azuza Street Revival! OH MY!I Love Catholics.
Your the first one I have read that made any sense..........Shalom....

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;36105)
As you can imagine I believe the harlot in rev 13 is not the catholic church. But except for that I can't really disagree with anything you say. I'm sure BubbaLove will if you give him time.In fact I agree with everything you say.Why did Mary need the holy spirit???? Because she was a sinner. Thats not very catholic of me but again I'm not really a catholic ( I'm a christian, one with the whole body of christ, not just a portion.)As for the official catholic answer I'm going to have to get back to you. Thanks for the great question my brother???your brother in christRyan FitzPs. Oh yeah and smooth going there " I don't mean any offense but your religon....Its a harlot"
smile.gif

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
(biblicalthought;36102)
:naughty:The question wasn't asking for an argument from silence. The New Covenant era special revelation of God to His people whenever given via oral transmission was always subject to the authority of Scripture.Since Paul did not break onto the scene teaching novel ideas of non-revalatory Origin, but rather justified the validity of his message as having already been established through the OT Scriptures, I don't see how you can rightly use 2 Timothy as a legitimate answer to my initial question, which was: Can you provide a verse where an OT prophet, Jesus, or any of the Apostles appealed to "tradition" for doctrine or authority?
:naughty:An argument from silence would mean I am saying scripture either does mention it or does not forbid it. Have done neither, so don't wag a finger at me. Are you saying scripture does not mention tradition, the importance of it and the importance of keeping and protecting it? Probably not, hopefully not.Most will probably say keeping Apostolic Tradition would absolutely be important, if they could only know for certain what those things are. And some would add that Catholics have no proof that any of our dogma represents just that. And that would be why I am Catholic and you are not.That there is such tradition and we are to follow it is clear from scripture and the evidence for it does come from Paul himself.2Th 3:6 ¶ Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.1Cr 11:2 ¶ Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered [them] to you. And here again, we have the earliest Christian writings, LONG before there was a "Roman" Catholic Church, as witness that these things not in scripture and from the Apostles are faithfully passed on. And in those witnesses we have unmistakeable references to the exact same teachings the Church preserves for us today.

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
All of them. Even the Gnostics and other heretical writings as it shows people objecting to something else, which would be the opposing view, which means there were people with the opposing view; which means there was an opposing view being defended. Not always, but both sides often claimed an Apostle’s support for their position, IOW that the teaching came to them from an Apostle. As two contradictory views cannot both be correct (assuming definitions/communication was not the issue), then only one view is truly Apostolic. But the fact either or both sides appealed to Apostolic tradition indicates ALL Christians thought that was important and that there was a body of teachings (other than scripture – extra-biblical) which could be appealed to. As time passed that body of teaching to which they would appeal began to include the thinking of notable Christian writers/leaders from earlier ages.Again my point was not "prove" the Catholic position is Apostolic or that our Traditions are True. I believe that is so, but that was not my point. It is just that a similar view was held by early Christians, that in some cases those Christians believed a particular teaching was Apostolic and that for them there was a body of teaching often extra-Biblical to be passed down, preserved and defended. As we can demonstrate those views before there was a “Roman” Catholic Church, it cannot be said these positions were "invented" by "Roman" Catholics.

Status
Not open for further replies.