Asking For Prayer For My Ministry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Regan

Sep 21, 2022
Rosston Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a strong desire to help those who are lost like I once was. I want to reach out and help addicts and alcoholics and those lost in a life of crime. However, lately I got laid off from my job as a plumber and right now am struggling to even pay my bills and my rent. I don't want to give up helping others but lately I have not had the money to print materials or afford gas to go minister to others. I am praying for a breakthrough. I am praying for a job. Something, anything so that I can keep helping those who are lost and struggling. Thank you for the prayers. They mean so much. And God bless you all.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have a strong desire to help those who are lost like I once was. I want to reach out and help addicts and alcoholics and those lost in a life of crime. However, lately I got laid off from my job as a plumber and right now am struggling to even pay my bills and my rent. I don't want to give up helping others but lately I have not had the money to print materials or afford gas to go minister to others. I am praying for a breakthrough. I am praying for a job. Something, anything so that I can keep helping those who are lost and struggling. Thank you for the prayers. They mean so much. And God bless you all.
Perhaps you could keep yourself busy during this hard time by volunteering somewhere and reach people that way.

Reactions: Nancy

Regan

Sep 21, 2022
Rosston Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I have been doing a bit of this but I hate to see what I myself have been working so hard on go to the side.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I have been doing a bit of this but I hate to see what I myself have been working so hard on go to the side.
Is the ministry you mentioned something your church is into?

But whatever it is you have been working on surely you can take a bit of time out to help others. It would also look good on your CV. You must have taken time off it to go to work before you were laid off. Perhaps using that time to volunteer at a homeless shelter or a re-habilitation centre could be something to think about.

And I must just say that none of us choose our own ministries. I used to have one in mind for myself but God didn't see that for me. If it's just of your own self it will not work out. But give the volunteering a try to see if it leads to anything.

Regan

Sep 21, 2022
Rosston Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said I have been doing some volunteering and I have always done some. There just isn't a lot of stuff around for recovering addicts and alcoholics and there needs to be because Christ loves those in recovery as well and they do need help.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Like I said I have been doing some volunteering and I have always done some. There just isn't a lot of stuff around for recovering addicts and alcoholics and there needs to be because Christ loves those in recovery as well and they do need help.
Okay, well I hope it works out for you.

Regan

Sep 21, 2022
Rosston Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With God as my guiding light all will go the way He wants it to. It is true, I am only a messenger. He will guide me to do what he wants me to do.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Hang in there.
It can be that God closes a door to open a window.

Perhaps you will end up having your own Plumbing business, as everyone will need a plumber at some point.

Here are some verses for you to consider.

Psalms 41:1

Deuteronomy 8:18

Philippians 4:19

Romans 8:28

Psalms 37:4

Regan

Sep 21, 2022
Rosston Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hang in there.
It can be that God closes a door to open a window.

Perhaps you will end up having your own Plumbing business, as everyone will need a plumber at some point.

Here are some verses for you to consider.

Psalms 41:1

Deuteronomy 8:18

Philippians 4:19

Romans 8:28

Psalms 37:4

Thank you

Regan

Sep 21, 2022
Rosston Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

france$

Nov 13, 2022
Tarpeena
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I find patience is a very difficult excercise. All things happen in God's time not ours. I would spend this "free" time swatting up on more bible study. Just putting it out there.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many Baptists church's have what's called Celebrate Recovery. Its a Christian support for all recovery addictions. They also have opportunities to go to prisons to talk to prisoners. I got an idea while typing this. Larger Church's have maintenance positions that you could apply to. Maybe the best of both worlds for you.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Pearl