Atheist objections to evidence for God's existence

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All this to not answer the question. Do you believe god is moral in that he gave rules for Hebrew people to beat their slaves with a rod as long as they don't die within a few days or damage their eyes?
I have seen that all understand the message when they cop a good hiding, with some that's the only way that they will take note.

God wiped all the filth away in the Flood because they opposed him.

God will consume us in Hellfire for the way we are heading nowadays, just you wait and see as we will all reap what we sow to be sure to be sure.

A slave is enslaved for a reason and God point is so you don't become that. so if you follow God you will not become enslaved
One who is out of line with God is a slave to Sin regardless and will be dominated because he is a fool.

One whole life is a chastisement one could say, so one has to stay on the narrow path because the wide leads to destruction and enslavement don't you know.

One can not order a ban on slavery, because it's just part and parcel to life in reality, you see all atheist are Slaves you know or they will only lead them selves into slavery due to their disregard to God.

One can not be a great slob and not be enslaved due to being such, so we have to have standards to be met. one embarks on a journey do you follow a fool that has disregard or one who is regarded as worthy.

When I started in my Trade bloody hell that was hard going, their was no whip but bloody hell it may as well been, boy it was hard yakka because you had to cut the grade and make sure you did it absolutely correctly or their would be hell to pay, one would get your ears in the machine or punched or even bashed up for sure if you disregarded any of them cranky old bastards and you certainly did not just get about being a smart arse and give any cheek.
I know that this young generation are smart arse lot in general, not to mention who many are just only 2ed rate dills in their trade but get away with such crap, because that's the norm standard nowadays.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you think Jesus taught that if you get insulted to insult back? It wasn't do unto others as they have done to you.

The only thing atheists have in common is a shared lack of belief in god. Otherwise we share no common beliefs necessarily. You cannot possible know the atheist point of view because there are as many as there are atheists. I would never presume to know the christian point of view because christians don't share the same views either.

I am not convinced we have free will as you think it is. But that is a different subject.
1 Constructive criticism is Gold.

2 You don't have a clue about the subject at hand but I do.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Here is the deal....Logically you can NOT get a living thing from a non-living thing.
How can you claim this? I am not convinced that living can come from no living but just because we don’t know how it could happen does not mean the answer is god.

There always had to be something living...there always had to be “something” because you can’t get something from nothing. Any person with basic logic KNOWS that....You want to pretend it can’t be known. That is a dishonest way to have a discussion.....IMO
I have not claimed something came from nothing. I am not convinced that a nothing can even exist. Can you define nothing?

I don’t know either and of course no one KNOWS what the first living thing was. Isn’t it only logical that the first living thing created all other living things?

Mary
maybe, some believe that life began from more than one event. Some think it occurred once. Can you answer where god came from?

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is the Alpha and the Omega. I can not answer as to how that is possible or where he came from (as you put it).

Where do you believe he came from?

Mary

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
He is the Alpha and the Omega. I can not answer as to how that is possible or where he came from (as you put it).

Where do you believe he came from?

Mary
I don’t claim god exists.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t claim god exists.
You asked me “where god came from”.

Where did Vince come from? I am not claiming you exist.....I’m just asking where you came from. I don’t believe you are real, but....where did you come from?

Where is your evidence that God does not exist?

Mary

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You asked me “where god came from”.

Where did Vince come from? I am not claiming you exist.....I’m just asking where you came from. I don’t believe you are real, but....where did you come from?

Where is your evidence that God does not exist?

Mary
I am the product of my parents. That’s the best answer I have.

I am not claiming that god does not exist. I am saying that I am not convinced that he does exist.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vince: "there are no contemporary eyewitness accounts to the resurrection. I would not believe anyone walked on the moon without supporting evidence."

Where did you get that idea? Would if make a difference to your faith quest, if a solid connection between Jesus' resurrection and eyewitness testimony could be established? I just want to know if I'd be wasting my time by established this connection.

What in nature leads you to believe that a god created it?"

Did you watch the YouTube testimony of Francis Collins, the director of the Human Genome Project that precisely addresses your queston and explains how he converted from an antheist scientist to a devout Christian?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't even swallow that anyone has truly walked on the Moon, they may of, but their is much to challenge such, so I am not 100% sure to be sure with it all.
Old Buzz is very sheepish on the subject and would not swear on the Bible, why not ! I would directly and I would talk openly without any regard to anyone till the cows come home if I did. and if someone did not believe me I could not care less as it would not rile me at all. but it would if I know it was fake and I certainly would not swear on the Bible that it was true if it was not.
One could be for given for having a payed job and payed much to lie maybe ? but to swear on the Bible on the subject would condemn one to Hell.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Vince: "there are no contemporary eyewitness accounts to the resurrection. I would not believe anyone walked on the moon without supporting evidence."

Where did you get that idea? Would if make a difference to your faith quest, if a solid connection between Jesus' resurrection and eyewitness testimony could be established? I just want to know if I'd be wasting my time by established this connection.
Maybe, What do you mean by solid connection? I am not sure eyewitness accounts of 2000 years ago without any other supporting evidence will be convincing.

What in nature leads you to believe that a god created it?"

Did you watch the YouTube testimony of Francis Collins, the director of the Human Genome Project that precisely addresses your queston and explains how he converted from an antheist scientist to a devout Christian?
I did, I replied to the thread.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I don't even swallow that anyone has truly walked on the Moon, they may of, but their is much to challenge such, so I am not 100% sure to be sure with it all.
Old Buzz is very sheepish on the subject and would not swear on the Bible, why not ! I would directly and I would talk openly without any regard to anyone till the cows come home if I did. and if someone did not believe me I could not care less as it would not rile me at all. but it would if I know it was fake and I certainly would not swear on the Bible that it was true if it was not.
One could be for given for having a payed job and payed much to lie maybe ? but to swear on the Bible on the subject would condemn one to Hell.
There is substantially more evidence that a person walked on the moon than Jesus resurrection or that a god exists.

Wafer

May 16, 2019
Yuma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've noticed there are a few atheists who visit CyB forum.

I'd like to pose a question to them and to those who have had conversations with atheists:

What are the reasons why atheists reject the evidence for God's existence?

Oz

Science is anything that can be measured. Spirit is anything that can not be measured. Science is powered by logic and evidence. Spirit is powered by believing and wisdom. No connection. You can not prove or disprove spiritual things with science.

If you don't believe a concept then by definition it does not make sense. The atheist then supports his disbelief by offering reasons that make sense to him. But the basic reason usually is that they have not seen any Christians that they want to resemble in any way. The Christian reputation is absolutely lousy.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Science is anything that can be measured. Spirit is anything that can not be measured. Science is powered by logic and evidence. Spirit is powered by believing and wisdom. No connection. You can not prove or disprove spiritual things with science.

If you don't believe a concept then by definition it does not make sense. But the basic reason usually is that they have not seen any Christians that they want to resemble in any way. The Christian reputation is absolutely lousy.
The atheist then supports his disbelief by offering reasons that make sense to him.

"The Christian reputation is absolutely lousy."
Such a sad yet very true commentary on this day's "Church's".

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Science is anything that can be measured.

Wafer,

Have astronomers been able to measure the absolute size of the universe? When medical science finds a way to do a knee replacement, is it following something that can be measured or developing a prosthetic limb that can be implanted into any knee, no matter the size?

Spirit is anything that can not be measured.

The spirit or Spirit is unseen, so I agree with you that it cannot be measured as it is immeasurable by definition.

Science is powered by logic and evidence.

It is not true that science alone is powered by logic and evidence. When God gave us written revelation, he used logical order in sentences so we are able to read us. Also, God provided evidence of his action in history (Noah's flood, Jesus' death & resurrection, etc). First Peter 3:15 states that Christians are to give a defense (apologia) of the hope they have.

God provides evidence of his existence in creation (Rom 1:18-20) and in conscience (Rom 2:14-15). Evidence is not the exclusive realm of science.

Spirit is powered by believing and wisdom. No connection. You can not prove or disprove spiritual things with science.

Christian belief is based on the facts of the existence of God (Heb 11:1), the One who created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1) and faith founded on the facts of Jesus' death, burial and resurrection.

If you don't believe a concept then by definition it does not make sense. The atheist then supports his disbelief by offering reasons that make sense to him.

I can accept those statements, but I'd add that people like atheists and agnostics base their 'concepts' (worldviews) on presuppositions they accept - naturalistic presuppositions.

But the basic reason usually is that they have not seen any Christians that they want to resemble in any way. The Christian reputation is absolutely lousy

I think that's jumping to conclusions. That's not what I mainly read on secular forums. Yes, there are Christians who are poor examples in their behaviour - like the Australian sexual abuse Royal Commission that found lots of paedophilia in church institutions.

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When I started in my Trade bloody hell that was hard going, their was no whip but bloody hell it may as well been, boy it was hard yakka because you had to cut the grade and make sure you did it absolutely correctly or their would be hell to pay, one would get your ears in the machine or punched or even bashed up for sure if you disregarded any of them cranky old bastards and you certainly did not just get about being a smart arse and give any cheek.
I know that this young generation are smart arse lot in general, not to mention who many are just only 2ed rate dills in their trade but get away with such crap, because that's the norm standard nowadays.

Reggie,

I also am an Aussie but the language you have used here is that of a tradie working on houses in my Village. Would you please leave this vile language in the wheelie bin and not bring it to CyB.

I found your language offensive towards people made in the image of God.

Regarding the language we use, this is the Bible's teaching: 'Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them' (Eph 4:29 NLT).

Oz

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Bible says we already have the evidence and were without excuse Rom 1:20 but people supress the truth Rom 1:18 coz they just simply don't want two A) serve God and B) they want 2 hold onto their sin, its 2 lavish to give up. Where du get ur sense of right or wrong without God???

Reactions: Pearl

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
romans 1:19 says they already have evidence! where does their moral conscience come from? it didn't come from a lab, or grow on a tree!!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A few years ago there was a story about atheists going to court to demand a special day - a bit like saints days etc. The judge quoted: The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” Psalm 14:1 and designated April 1st – all fools’ day as Atheist Day.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
romans 1:19 says they already have evidence! where does their moral conscience come from? it didn't come from a lab, or grow on a tree!!

I agree.

Psalm 19:1-4 (ERV) gives a similar message:

The heavens tell about the glory of God.
The skies announce what his hands have made.
2 Each new day tells more of the story,
and each night reveals more and more about God’s power.
3 You cannot hear them say anything.
They don’t make any sound we can hear.
4 But their message goes throughout the world.
Their teaching reaches the ends of the earth.​