Atheist objections to evidence for God's existence

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vince said:

Equating the evidence we have for man walking on the moon with the evidence for gods existence is not even close to the same.What data are you talking about for the existence of god? There are no contemporary eyewitness testimony for the resurrection either in the bible or extra biblical sources.

What specifically in creation proves there is a god?

Vince ~
YOU JUST SAID;
Testimony of MEN, was sufficient for YOU to Believe men walked on the moon.
YOU JUST SAID;
Data of MEN, was sufficient for YOU to Believe men walked on the moon.
YOU JUST SAID;
Pictures and Videos, was sufficient for YOU to Believe men walked on the moon.

I JUST SAID;
Testimony of Men, Data of Men, and MY OWN EYES is sufficient for ME to Believe God Exists.

You Decided and Chose who and what to Believe.

I Decided and Chose who and what to believe.

You are the one WHO brought up the MOON example.

It doesn't really matter WHAT example one chooses....And already covered PEOPLE are INFLUENCED by many things, to Decide what they Choose to Believe....ABOUT ANY TOPIC.

You WANT DATA concerning God, Christ...?
It is found IN SCRIPTURE.

You WANT Testimonies concerning MEN who Believed in God, Christ...?
It is found in Scripture.

You WANT a VISUAL of Gods creations...?
Walk OUTSIDE, OPEN YOUR EYES, Look, See, Behold, and Believe your eyes or Not.

If you can not BELIEVE:
Testimonies of other men;
Data of other men;
your own EYES...
That is YOUR Choice to NOT BELIEVE, God Exists;
The same as it is YOUR Choice TO Believe testimonies, data, pictures, videos, on the topic of moon walkers, that OTHER men have made public to Convince you to Believe THEM.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Where? What do you consider data?

These testimonies cannot be verified, there are no contemporary eyewitness accounts to the resurrection. I would not believe anyone walked on the moon without supporting evidence.

What in nature leads you to believe that a god created it?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vince said:

Vince ~
YOU JUST SAID;
Testimony of MEN, was sufficient for YOU to Believe men walked on the moon.
YOU JUST SAID;
Data of MEN, was sufficient for YOU to Believe men walked on the moon.
YOU JUST SAID;
Pictures and Videos, was sufficient for YOU to Believe men walked on the moon.

I JUST SAID;
Testimony of Men, Data of Men, and MY OWN EYES is sufficient for ME to Believe God Exists.

You Decided and Chose who and what to Believe.

I Decided and Chose who and what to believe.

You are the one WHO brought up the MOON example.

It doesn't really matter WHAT example one chooses....And already covered PEOPLE are INFLUENCED by many things, to Decide what they Choose to Believe....ABOUT ANY TOPIC.

If you can not BELIEVE:
Testimonies of other men;
Data of other men;
your own EYES...
That is YOUR Choice to NOT BELIEVE, God Exists;
The same as it is YOUR Choice TO Believe testimonies, data, pictures, videos, on the topic of moon walkers, that OTHER men have made public to Convince you to Believe THEM.

Glory to God,
Taken

Well said Taken. :)

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where? What do you consider data?

Oh good grief. Seriously?
Facts, Experiences, Testimonies, Records, Accounts, Writings. Particularly SCRIPTURES!

These testimonies cannot be verified,

Well, that is what you believe.

I disagree.

I believe there are numerous accounts of men who Historically believed, and their accounts of the results of their belief, and many accounts for men who rejected belief.

[QUOTES] there are no contemporary eyewitness accounts to the resurrection.[/QUOTE]

Well duh!
LOL, I don't know any PHYSICALLY ALIVE 2,000+ year old men that witnessed Jesus' resurrection.

So, if THAT is your requirement to satisfy you, don't think that is an Option.

I would not believe anyone walked on the moon without supporting evidence.

Already established...that is your choice.

What in nature leads you to believe that a god created it?

What IN NATURE? Everything.
THE World, Earth, Weather, Sun, Moon, Stars, Mountains, Wind, Oceans, Lightening, Trees, Seeds, Dirt, Plants, Herbs, Flowers, Grains, Animals, Mankind, spirits, gold, silver, Oil, gems, etc.

So, what do YOU believe Created those things?

Glory to God,
Taken

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Oh good grief. Seriously?
Facts, Experiences, Testimonies, Records, Accounts, Writings. Particularly SCRIPTURES!
That is not data but ok.

Well, that is what you believe.

I disagree.

I believe there are numerous accounts of men who Historically believed, and their accounts of the results of their belief, and many accounts for men who rejected belief.
What is your basis for the belief?

Well duh!
LOL, I don't know any PHYSICALLY ALIVE 2,000+ year old men that witnessed Jesus' resurrection.

So, if THAT is your requirement to satisfy you, don't think that is an Option.
Of course not. I meant no contemporary accounts to the resurrection. Contemporary to Jesus death.

What IN NATURE? Everything.
THE World, Earth, Weather, Sun, Moon, Stars, Mountains, Wind, Oceans, Lightening, Trees, Seeds, Dirt, Plants, Herbs, Flowers, Grains, Animals, Mankind, spirits, gold, silver, Oil, gems, etc.

So, what do YOU believe Created those things?
Just the fact that these things exist is proof to you that god exists. Ok. Just because you have no other explanation does not mean a god has to be the one that made these things. Where is the evidence a creator exists?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are claiming they know god with the same amount of evidence that you have for your claim. What sthe difference between their claim and yours?

So a select few "know" while the rest believe. OK, I guess you are in the select few? If faith is the evidecne then I can believe anything I want whether it is true or not.

Now who is lying? I have always said that I don't know if a god exists. God could exist, just like big foot or the Lakenose Monster, there is just not enough evidence to believe that they do exist. You are misinformed on the definition of an atheist.

That evidence may be sufficient for you but you don't get to decide for someone else the threshold for evidence. People have different thresholds, hence hung juries.
  1. Only One is true.
  2. You misunderstand. That is foolishness. Nonetheless, yes, you can believe anything you want...and also receive all that comes with it.
  3. a·the·ist /ˈāTHēəst/ noun: A person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods. By definition...you are apparently even lying to yourself.
  4. Mine is not evidence, but knowledge. I acknowledged Him, and He appeared. But what is available to all people, is everything - it's all evidence. Everything is evidence. And, yes, you get to decide...and in doing so, decide your own fate.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
  1. Only One is true.
  2. You misunderstand. That is foolishness. Nonetheless, yes, you can believe anything you want...and also receive all that comes with it.
  3. a·the·ist /ˈāTHēəst/ noun: A person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods. By definition...you are apparently even lying to yourself.
  4. Mine is not evidence, but knowledge. I acknowledged Him, and He appeared. But what is available to all people, is everything - it's all evidence. Everything is evidence. And, yes, you get to decide...and in doing so, decide your own fate.
3. Lack of belief does not mean belief no god exists which describes me, it simply means I don't have sufficient reasons to believe. The first part that says disbelief is what you are referring to, that is a claim I am not making. You misunderstand the definition. Look at the "or" in the definition.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3. Lack of belief does not mean belief no god exists which describes me, it simply means I don't have sufficient reasons to believe. The first part that says disbelief is what you are referring to, that is a claim I am not making. You misunderstand the definition. Look at the "or" in the definition.
Tell it to Webster.

The semantics don't change the fact that having no evidence of your own, you yourself have decided to make a case against God, against a universe of evidence.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Tell it to Webster.

The semantics don't change the fact that having no evidence of your own, you yourself have decided to make a case against God, against a universe of evidence.
Go look up the definition of semantics.

Then

Think about what lack of belief actually means. It doesn’t mean disbelief.

If you cannot understand that then ok but I have said many times I am not saying god does not exist. That is my stance no matter what you wrongly want to call it.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go look up the definition of semantics.

Then

Think about what lack of belief actually means. It doesn’t mean disbelief.

If you cannot understand that then ok but I have said many times I am not saying god does not exist. That is my stance no matter what you wrongly want to call it.
Again, you dodge or unknowingly avoid the point...which is "the fact that having no evidence of your own, you yourself have decided to make a case against God, against a universe of evidence."

So, you can go on and on about what doesn't really matter, or you can face the real issue. The real issue is that you have personally disqualified all of existence, and decided that not knowing is preferable to those things that are self-evident. You have chosen to be blind, and therefore you are.

Even worse, you also go on and on to speak against what you yourself don't understand, and argue with those who have understanding. You are like a child arguing with his teachers and elders, who turns to his classmates and complains because they have learned, and you have not.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How is giving credit to people that actually used their brains to figure out vaccines, insecticides, how to remove a dead esophagus etc making man god. I never claimed to do any of this so how is this an ego trip? Where are these technologies in the bible? Christianity tells the world that they are the cause of all the evil in the world and any good in the world god gets the credit. Even though your god looks down and sees horrible evil happening and does nothing about it.
Ha ! your god would do something about it eh ! fact is that atheist gods can't cut it.

God gave everyone gifts and hopefully they aspire to bearing the fruits their of.

It's not about you, it's about Atheist in general driven ego, that muddies the waters in their ignorance.
We are not living in a dream world you know and if one truly abides in Jesus Christ the temptations of the ego are seen for what they truly are, as we have a handle on Sin and an Atheist does not, so such will run around crying out that God does what you are making out but you do not know God at all, so your handle does not exist in reality as to such you know.

Any way you are claiming not to believe, so where do you get off on making such a claim as to God in the first place.
Really you in fact do have gods bro and you are making up another god of your own.

Now listen bro, you claim to make out that it's God that is the problem, because such does naught about such things, but he did in fact as God gave us his Son, who is a Saviour to all, so when one understands that Jesus Christ is truly our Lord and fact is that any who reject such are on the path of the blind leading the blind, so they are like goats or can be wolves in sheep's clothing.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I've already shown you that but you're not listening. It is evident from your posts, YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW that the Bible consists of reliable historical documents.
Not wanting to know and not being convinced are two different things. You think because you are convinced by the evidence that everyone should be but that is not how it works. That is why we have hung juries. Why can't we have a conversation about it without you assuming bad motives on my part?

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Again, you dodge or unknowingly avoid the point...which is "the fact that having no evidence of your own, you yourself have decided to make a case against God, against a universe of evidence."

So, you can go on and on about what doesn't really matter, or you can face the real issue. The real issue is that you have personally disqualified all of existence, and decided that not knowing is preferable to those things that are self-evident. You have chosen to be blind, and therefore you are.

Even worse, you also go on and on to speak against what you yourself don't understand, and argue with those who have understanding. You are like a child arguing with his teachers and elders, who turns to his classmates and complains because they have learned, and you have not.
I have not made a case against god, I am making a case against the evidence presented which frankly is not too difficult. All you people seem to have is "look at nature" but never give any specifics about what exactly in nature leads you to believe god exists.

Why will you not answer my questions? It seems like every time you are challenged you revert to this I am the great teacher you are the stupid student shtick. Why are you unable or unwilling to have a mature conversation?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not made a case against god, I am making a case against the evidence presented which frankly is not too difficult. All you people seem to have is "look at nature" but never give any specifics about what exactly in nature leads you to believe god exists.

Why will you not answer my questions? It seems like every time you are challenged you revert to this I am the great teacher you are the stupid student shtick. Why are you unable or unwilling to have a mature conversation?
God has given you the details in details of atoms, and we have filled in the blanks. You have no argument and no excuse.

But what is your question that I have not answered? Perhaps it is you who should be more specific.

As for a mature conversation, that is not what you have purposed.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Ha ! your god would do something about it eh ! fact is that atheist gods can't cut it.
You claiming I believe in a god does not make it so.

God gave everyone gifts and hopefully they aspire to bearing the fruits their of.
Can you support this claim?

It's not about you, it's about Atheist in general driven ego, that muddies the waters in their ignorance.
We are not living in a dream world you know and if one truly abides in Jesus Christ the temptations of the ego are seen for what they truly are, as we have a handle on Sin and an Atheist does not, so such will run around crying out that God does what you are making out but you do not know God at all, so your handle does not exist in reality as to such you know.
You Christians have a handle on sin so much so that you constantly insult each other here, ok.

Any way you are claiming not to believe, so where do you get off on making such a claim as to God in the first place.
I am making no claim, I am stating a fact that I do not believe.

Really you in fact do have gods bro and you are making up another god of your own.
What is this god?

Now listen bro, you claim to make out that it's God that is the problem,
Where have I made this claim?

because such does naught about such things, but he did in fact as God gave us his Son, who is a Saviour to all, so when one understands that Jesus Christ is truly our Lord and fact is that any who reject such are on the path of the blind leading the blind, so they are like goats or can be wolves in sheep's clothing.
These are claims that need substantiation.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
God has given you the details in details of atoms, and we have filled in the blanks. You have no argument and no excuse.
So atoms is your answer. That is not convincing.

But what is your question that I have not answered?
What about the atom leads you to conclude that a god exists?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So atoms is your answer. That is not convincing.

What about the atom leads you to conclude that a god exists?
You asked for details, making accusations that they were not provided. Atoms are details.

Atoms do not "lead me to conclude that God exists." God lead me rather, to know he exists. Which leading was finished from the first moment.

Reactions: Nancy

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You asked for details, making accusations that they were not provided. Atoms are details.

Atoms do not "lead me to conclude that God exists." God lead me rather, to know he exists. Which leading was finished from the first moment.
How? Did you hear a voice, felt something, did he appear to you or something else?