Aussie fires....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your criticisms of my way of speaking. I am sure that made you feel good putting me in my place. I am so glad that I have my uses other than telling the truth.
Sorry you took it that way. My point was about your reasons for writing as you do. Are you trying to convince others who might not agree with you, or are you trying to show what side you're on by using derogatory terms?
P.S. if you rely on the lamestream media for your information you will never know the truth. Here is an example for you. A photo of two fire trucks that collided that were shown in the lamestream media was from the 2015 bushfires. Truth anyone?
So you want to discuss a photo from the wrong year but not the fact that Morrison's office lied? Interesting.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think our biases though don't come out of thin air... Something has fed them and they grow as a result of whatever input happens to be given access. Hence entertainment. And whenever media ceases to be informative, it becomes entertainment... Fictional entertainment with a purpose.. And both extremes are guilty of this. In the current debate however on climate change, there is clearly a global initiative to create a particular bias in the minds of the public through several different avenues or 'inputs'... Social media, and yes, lamestream media. That input isn't directed at conservatives... They generally don't watch CNN or take too much notice of Facebook as sources of truth.
So left leaning folk have a created bias based on contrived information and that bias feeds the infallible dogma of man affected global warming and the stubborn refusal to listen to any counter narrative.
The extreme right on the other hand dont need input, their biases come about through natural indignation at being lied to, ignored, insulted, and maligned. The result of that is a denial of climate change altogether, and makes them sound stupid in the face of obvious experience and data.
And both extremes ignore the middle ground.
Did you see the chart of temperatures in Australia for past years? Do you think that was contrived?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello

It is political expediency that drive the political party's decision making in Australia.

For a party to hold power in the parliament, they need to give people what they want in exchange for their vote. It is called preferences sharing when it is at the party level.

Corruption is defined as give someone what they want in exchange for what you want. It is usually associated with money, where money is used to lubricate with wheels of "progress."

From a combustion theory perspective, good combustion needs the three "T"'s to occur.

1st "T" is for time, so that the combustion process can take place.

2nd "T" is for temperature, so that the combustion process can continue.

3rd "T" is for turbulence, so that the fuel and oxygen can be well mixed.

Now a forest fire is predominately "gaseous" combustion where the heat generated by the fire generates more volatile gases that will burn so that the "power" of the fire increases as the volume of material available to be turned into gas is increased. This is described as the available fuel load on the ground that can be consumed by the fire. The more available fuel for the fire, the hotter the fire becomes, and the rate of the volatile gases being released to be consumed is increased which results in a bigger fire being produced. In other words the fire grows in its intensity, drive by the available fuel load on the ground in front of the fires.

The gum trees in Australia produce large volumes of highly volatile gasses.

The mistaken belief is that leaving the "forests", i.e. the Australian bush, alone increase the habitat of the Australian animals, but the truth is, that as the "bush" becomes choked with the uncontrolled grow in the fuel load, the animal habitat is radically reduced as Gum trees shade the ground so that the grasslands disappear for the native kangaroo to graze on.

I have seen gum trees so close together, such that I could reach out my arms in any direction and touch two gum trees. The overhead canopy, blocks out the sun, and the leaves and the bark collect on the ground and accumulate such that the fuel load on the ground produces very hot fires such that the trees themselves are also "killed."

Carbon such as graphite and diamonds do not burn readily, nor do they produce large volumes of volatile gases. The so called "locked up carbon" in the forests/bush are complex molecules linked with hydrogen atoms which can be cracked by heat so that they break down into flammable gases that rise up from the ground to mix with the air drawn into the fire by the created thermals of the fire. The larger the fire, the greater are the thermals, that causes the winds to come to also feed the fires with the oxidising component for the fire. Releasing chorine into a fire also causes combustion. That is why you never store chlorine based chemicals i.e. pool chemicals in close proximity to hydrocarbon based fuels, like motor mower fuel in your shed or garage.

Having an understanding of bush fires and how the process works is important. Understanding the need for hazard reduction fires is also important as they are "cool" fires that the animals can survey in. The cool fires also control the density of the trees in the bush.

Low humidity in a fire zone increase the risks hot fires. That is why hazard reduction fires are scheduled for periods where the humidity is normally higher.

But I could go on.

The problem in Australia is people's stupidity in that they believe the "sound bite truths" are a factual source of reliable information on which they can base their opinions on.

A bit like some of the discussions here. A little bit of knowledge can be very dangerous.

Shalom

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello

It is political expediency that drive the political party's decision making in Australia.

For a party to hold power in the parliament, they need to give people what they want in exchange for their vote. It is called preferences sharing when it is at the party level.

Corruption is defined as give someone what they want in exchange for what you want. It is usually associated with money, where money is used to lubricate with wheels of "progress."

From a combustion theory perspective, good combustion needs the three "T"'s to occur.

1st "T" is for time, so that the combustion process can take place.

2nd "T" is for temperature, so that the combustion process can continue.

3rd "T" is for turbulence, so that the fuel and oxygen can be well mixed.

Now a forest fire is predominately "gaseous" combustion where the heat generated by the fire generates more volatile gases that will burn so that the "power" of the fire increases as the volume of material available to be turned into gas is increased. This is described as the available fuel load on the ground that can be consumed by the fire. The more available fuel for the fire, the hotter the fire becomes, and the rate of the volatile gases being released to be consumed is increased which results in a bigger fire being produced. In other words the fire grows in its intensity, drive by the available fuel load on the ground in front of the fires.

The gum trees in Australia produce large volumes of highly volatile gasses.

The mistaken belief is that leaving the "forests", i.e. the Australian bush, alone increase the habitat of the Australian animals, but the truth is, that as the "bush" becomes choked with the uncontrolled grow in the fuel load, the animal habitat is radically reduced as Gum trees shade the ground so that the grasslands disappear for the native kangaroo to graze on.

I have seen gum trees so close together, such that I could reach out my arms in any direction and touch two gum trees. The overhead canopy, blocks out the sun, and the leaves and the bark collect on the ground and accumulate such that the fuel load on the ground produces very hot fires such that the trees themselves are also "killed."

Carbon such as graphite and diamonds do not burn readily, nor do they produce large volumes of volatile gases. The so called "locked up carbon" in the forests/bush are complex molecules linked with hydrogen atoms which can be cracked by heat so that they break down into flammable gases that rise up from the ground to mix with the air drawn into the fire by the created thermals of the fire. The larger the fire, the greater are the thermals, that causes the winds to come to also feed the fires with the oxidising component for the fire. Releasing chorine into a fire also causes combustion. That is why you never store chlorine based chemicals i.e. pool chemicals in close proximity to hydrocarbon based fuels, like motor mower fuel in your shed or garage.

Having an understanding of bush fires and how the process works is important. Understanding the need for hazard reduction fires is also important as they are "cool" fires that the animals can survey in. The cool fires also control the density of the trees in the bush.

Low humidity in a fire zone increase the risks hot fires. That is why hazard reduction fires are scheduled for periods where the humidity is normally higher.

But I could go on.

The problem in Australia is people's stupidity in that they believe the "sound bite truths" are a factual source of reliable information on which they can base their opinions on.

A bit like some of the discussions here. A little bit of knowledge can be very dangerous.

Shalom

What a marvelous post Jay. Thank you for setting out the truth so well. These are facts that the climate alarmists choose to ignore as they do not fit their narrative. Even of as yesterday, the Climate cult is still trumpeting "Stop the coal mines" Close down LNP exports."

The university students "Uni Students for Climate Justice" (sic) staged a protest in the centre of Melbourne. They were asked not to by the police as they did not have the resources because of the fires to attend and keep control of proceedings. What was their response?? Up yours!

In Sydney, they protested and said that the PM had to be sacked. The main speaker was a Greens Senator who said that Scot Morrison and his government are cowardly. They behave like climate criminals.

On Facebook, the organisers demanded a rapid transition away from fossil fuels.

The United Workers Union said that unprecedented destruction is the direct result of decades of climate denial.

To sum up, none of it made any difference to the outcome of the fires. All it was and intended to be was a personal attack on the PM because he took the job away from their poster boy Bill Shorten and they have never got over it.

Without putting too fine a point on it, I guarantee not one of the protestors has lifted a finger to help those caught in the fires.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry you took it that way. My point was about your reasons for writing as you do. Are you trying to convince others who might not agree with you, or are you trying to show what side you're on by using derogatory terms?So you want to discuss a photo from the wrong year but not the fact that Morrison's office lied? Interesting.

I never write to convince others. I write because God has given me a passion for writing (I am writing a novel ATM) and I write in the local newspaper. In times past I have written Church bulletins and newspapers.

No and no. I pointed out from facts (giving an example) that the lamestream media are not great when it comes to the truth.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never write to convince others. I write because God has given me a passion for writing (I am writing a novel ATM) and I write in the local newspaper. In times past I have written Church bulletins and newspapers.

No and no. I pointed out from facts (giving an example) that the lamestream media are not great when it comes to the truth.
That would mean when writing non-fiction, you don't care if people believe you or not.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What a marvelous post Jay. Thank you for setting out the truth so well. These are facts that the climate alarmists choose to ignore as they do not fit their narrative. Even of as yesterday, the Climate cult is still trumpeting "Stop the coal mines" Close down LNP exports."

The university students "Uni Students for Climate Justice" (sic) staged a protest in the centre of Melbourne. They were asked not to by the police as they did not have the resources because of the fires to attend and keep control of proceedings. What was their response?? Up yours!

In Sydney, they protested and said that the PM had to be sacked. The main speaker was a Greens Senator who said that Scot Morrison and his government are cowardly. They behave like climate criminals.

On Facebook, the organisers demanded a rapid transition away from fossil fuels.

The United Workers Union said that unprecedented destruction is the direct result of decades of climate denial.

To sum up, none of it made any difference to the outcome of the fires. All it was and intended to be was a personal attack on the PM because he took the job away from their poster boy Bill Shorten and they have never got over it.

Without putting too fine a point on it, I guarantee not one of the protestors has lifted a finger to help those caught in the fires.
I am just waiting to see when one political person points out the obvious facts of all the incompetents that created what had to be endured from such ignorance, the fires were a creation due to the Satanic Greens power over all governments and political Correctness stomping over all who speak up on the issues, not to mention even after the fires you are not allowed an opinion, that is not fitting under Political Correctness, such thugs are acting much like the Nazis were in dominating over all, so as to shut up all who dare to speak out about such a mongrel mobs blatant lies.
In all this the fact is that all governments always love to have more power over the people, so they just let things slide. not to mention the hysterical mobs that have been whipped up by the Marxist behind all this have to be handled with kid gloves because the media is controlled by the Marxist agenda, because they are under the control of the Talmud Whore who's plans are for the NWO to dominate over all peoples of the world there by giving them total power.

All that was burnt down should be payed for by the people who dominated over all that helped created this mess in the first place.
We were dictated too, not to do X Y Z or you will be face heavy fines and they demanded that you must shut up ! and it's they who have created the situation and it's a fact ! No one could be so stupid !
But hey if such a ones agenda is to bring about carnage so that you can create elusions, so as to empower yourself over all demanding such gibberish ! well one should be mindful of how such play there cards. they sure are ruthless bastards.

I agree on reducing all pollution, I always have from 1976 looked into such things, but the greens are truly only reds in fact, there workings have been a disaster if not down right stupid to pathetic things that they have done. it's all about being seen as doing something in the media for couch potato's to swallow. take away the media spin and look at the reality's of what they have done, they are fools ! it's a political agenda first and foremost and the rest is truly just mainly spin to make themselves look good. as to any good that they do themselves in reality, it would be on pare with most major charity mobs that you give to, in that for every dollar you give actually only 10% goes to help the cause. same to with the Greens 90% is just only political dribble that truly only drives them, the rest is just a side dish or a front that they play in fact, truth be tolled.

Reactions: marksman

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Aussie Fire Update

More than 40 members of the American Congress have written a letter of support to Australia's bushfire crisis, saying Australians can count on Americans to stand side by side with them. The move follows offers of help this week from Donald Trump and comes amid widespread media coverage of the bushfire tragedy across the US.

Thank you America, we do appreciate your interest and offer of help and support. I noticed in one of our papers that there was a photo of an Australian and an American fireman standing side by side in a fire-damaged area.

Reactions: amadeus

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That would mean when writing non-fiction, you don't care if people believe you or not.

That is right. Because I am autistic, I have an incredible memory for what I have seen or read, so I can read 12 different reports about a subject and I will remember what everyone said. When I sit down to write, I see each article and its contents in my mind, enabling me to put the facts down on paper. Whilst autism deprives me of the area of emotions, it adds to the area of information reception and dissemination. And when I am writing an article I often remember an article on the subject that I filed away months ago.

In addition, I don't usually write about anything that I have not studied because opinion is not high on my agenda.

Last edited: