Australia bans same sex marriage.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Townsville, QLD. Australia
KingJ said:
and that day is coming sooner rather then later :) . Matt 24:22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
Just make sure that YOU are right with God. Meanwhile, allow others to live their own lives as THEY see fit. Deal?

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
KCKID said:
Just make sure that YOU are right with God. Meanwhile, allow others to live their own lives as THEY see fit. Deal?
What a double standard, unless of course your pushing or demanding everyone accept a life style choice.
So tell us whats the difference between your letting people believe what they want and your insistence we all accept "nod or heads" in approval of your choices?

Nothing thats what. If you really practiced what you preach you wouldn't spend so much time ridiculing those that disagree.
Or as I pointed out on the last page, homosexuals wouldn't be so concerned with teaching kids that homosexuality is normal.
But the fact is they are very preoccupied with preaching, teaching, conditioning people to their liking. Which BTW is what everyone does from radical Muslims to political party's, religious beliefs, to sexual preferances. Now in light of what I just mentioned how stupid is a world movement centered around sexual ideals?

Pretty dam stupid If you ask me. I could careless what you choose to do, and as you frequently site, what do I care what you choose to do in private? your the ones making it public getting your kicks doing it, as well as your panties in a bunch when people don't like it. Classic hipocrit ;)

JackSafari

Mar 5, 2013
As a general statement, I have always found it interesting\puzzling that many\most parents have the ability to accept their children for who they are, rather than who they are not, yet when it comes to the perception of God, many believe God is just the opposite, he sits in judgement without compassion, being highly unforgiving and intolerant . In other words, the perception is God is not concern with the good within people, God is only concerned with the bad. This is of course a very pessimistic view point, I personally do not believe God is unforgiving and intolerant.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Rex said:
Rex: What a double standard, unless of course your pushing or demanding everyone accept a life style choice.

KCKID: That you so desire to involve yourself in another's 'lifestyle' is a tad voyeuristic, particularly the 'lifestyles' of others that don't affect you one iota.

Rex: So tell us whats the difference between your letting people believe what they want and your insistence we all accept "nod or heads" in approval of your choices?

KCKID: Rex, it shouldn't matter to anyone whether you accept or nod your head in approval at the 'lifestyle' of a gay married couple ...the fact is that the lives of others should be of no concern to you as long as you're not personally affected by them.

Rex: Nothing thats what. If you really practiced what you preach you wouldn't spend so much time ridiculing those that disagree.

KCKID: I've disagreed with you on a number of occasions, Rex, but I don't think that I've ever intentionally ridiculed you. You may have on occasions, however, inadvertantly ridiculed yourself.

Rex: Or as I pointed out on the last page, homosexuals wouldn't be so concerned with teaching kids that homosexuality is normal.

KCKID: Do you not teach kids that a loving God that burns people in hell is normal and acceptable? Where do we draw the line when it comes to what is 'normal'?

Rex: But the fact is they are very preoccupied with preaching, teaching, conditioning people to their liking. Which BTW is what everyone does from radical Muslims to political party's, religious beliefs, to sexual preferances.

KCKID: I assume you include Christianity in 'religious beliefs'.

Rex: Now in light of what I just mentioned how stupid is a world movement centered around sexual ideals?

KCKID: I pretty well guarantee that once gay people become integrated without question into society (not necessarily Christendom, Christians will always need someone to be against) you'll hear very little from them from then on. Besides, gay people falling in love and desiring to commit to one another is no more 'centered around sexual ideals' than similar straight relationships. Why is gay always about sex but straight not about sex? Answer: Because I personally don't like gays and need to demean them at every opportunity.

Rex: Pretty dam stupid If you ask me. I could careless what you choose to do, and as you frequently site, what do I care what you choose to do in private? your the ones making it public getting your kicks doing it, as well as your panties in a bunch when people don't like it. Classic hipocrit ;)

KCKID: I agree. I AM a hypocrite. How about you ...?

Sorry about the layout of this post. For some reason I can't call in a 'blank' section at will in which to respond. I don't know it it's me or the forum.
JackSafari said:
As a general statement, I have always found it interesting\puzzling that many\most parents have the ability to accept their children for who they are, rather than who they are not, yet when it comes to the perception of God, many believe God is just the opposite, he sits in judgement without compassion, being highly unforgiving and intolerant . In other words, the perception is God is not concern with the good within people, God is only concerned with the bad. This is of course a very pessimistic view point, I personally do not believe God is unforgiving and intolerant.
What you describe above is the God of the Fundamentalist Christian. Not too good, eh?

JackSafari

Mar 5, 2013
KCKID said:
What you describe above is the God of the Fundamentalist Christian. Not too good, eh?
I do feel very sorry for children of fundamentalists parents within any religion.

I believe all children have the innate ability to over come bad parenting when they get older, but it can take many years to over come the years of BS of being in a highly negative home environment. Imagine being a LGBT growing up in home that is homophobic where its taught that homosexuality is bad\wrong\evil\immoral\etc.

There is a reasonable chance one of the Duggar children is a LGBT. Hard to say how that (adult) child will decide to deal with it.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
To Rex, KingJ and whoever else ...if I am a gay person and I've fallen in love with my partner and we desire to marry, is there any reason at all why we would be interested in your speaking out publicly against gay marriage 'forever' if need be? I mean, what message do you have for us that would make us rethink, 1. our sexuality, and 2. our decision to marry? What is it, precisely, that you are 'selling' that would make us care?

JackSafari said:
I do feel very sorry for children of fundamentalists parents within any religion.

I believe all children have the innate ability to over come bad parenting when they get older, but it can take many years to over come the years of BS of being in a highly negative home environment. Imagine being a LGBT growing up in home that is homophobic where its taught that homosexuality is bad\wrong\evil\immoral\etc.

There is a reasonable chance one of the Duggar children is a LGBT. Hard to say how that (adult) child will decide to deal with it.
I'd never heard of the Duggar family before you mentioned them. I checked them out - albeit briefly - on the Internet so, now I have. Yes, the bigger the family the greater possibility that at least one of the kids might be <gasp> gay. "The sky is falling!" I wonder how long it will be before we look back bemused at people's "one-time-attitude" toward the gay kid who slipped in to the family mix and the comparison to the Chicken Little tale. Before that happens there may be thoughts/attempts of gay suicides that we, if we play our cards right, can RIGHT NOW nip in the bud!

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
KCKID said:
To Rex, KingJ and whoever else ...if I am a gay person and I've fallen in love with my partner and we desire to marry, is there any reason at all why we would be interested in your speaking out publicly against gay marriage 'forever' if need be? I mean, what message do you have for us that would make us rethink, 1. our sexuality, and 2. our decision to marry? What is it, precisely, that you are 'selling' that would make us care?
God offers eternal life to those who follow His will.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
KCKID said:
I'm not selling anything you're the one selling the idea that marriage is a unisex option. Now there are two sides of this coin, as far as being recognized by man or the state, married VS joined together before God by the taking of a vow.

Now as far as the state is concerned and the legal binding of property and taxes and such I really don't care what the state decides. I would prefer they used a bit of common sense but none of our representatives has any, at least not after they take office. They're pandering for votes for the most part just as so called Christians pander for votes from the church. Like Bush in 2004 promised a renewed shift in policy for constitutional amendments banning abortion and same sex marriage. The christian vote came in for his reelection and nothing became of his commitment to abortion and gay marriage, you would think these stupid church people would quit sipping the punch and wake up. But no, they keep falling for the same lip serves plastic christians that stand in their churches teaching as well as "christian" politicians asking for their vote.

As for God accepting the joining two men or two women together I don't see any scriptural implications, just as I answered your question about the Sabbath, I don't see any evidence that supports the change from Saturday to Sunday. But just as some do see it, you also see or find justification in the union of two people of the same sex before God. So you just go with it, and quit trying to convince people other wise because you and other gays are now state "man" approved. Go wave your state license at the throne of God and see where that gets you.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Rex said:
I'm not selling anything you're the one selling the idea that marriage is a unisex option. Now there are two sides of this coin, as far as being recognized by man or the state, married VS joined together before God by the taking of a vow.

Now as far as the state is concerned and the legal binding of property and taxes and such I really don't care what the state decides. I would prefer they used a bit of common sense but none of our representatives has any, at least not after they take office. They're pandering for votes for the most part just as so called Christians pander for votes from the church. Like Bush in 2004 promised a renewed shift in policy for constitutional amendments banning abortion and same sex marriage. The christian vote came in for his reelection and nothing became of his commitment to abortion and gay marriage, you would think these stupid church people would quit sipping the punch and wake up. But no, they keep falling for the same lip serves plastic christians that stand in their churches teaching as well as "christian" politicians asking for their vote.

As for God accepting the joining two men or two women together I don't see any scriptural implications, just as I answered your question about the Sabbath, I don't see any evidence that supports the change from Saturday to Sunday. But just as some do see it, you also see or find justification in the union of two people of the same sex before God. So you just go with it, and quit trying to convince people other wise because you and other gays are now state "man" approved. Go wave your state license at the throne of God and see where that gets you.
Rex ...thank you for the above response. While we certainly don't see eye to eye on this topic your conviction on the matter comes through much more clearly when you respond in the manner that you did.

I'll overlook the final part of your post (so as not to spoil the moment :) ) where you reference 'you and other gays'. While I support gays I'm not gay myself. I sometimes wish that I was ...they really appear to enjoy life from what I've seen.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
KCKID said:
Very vague, Selene. God's will is found in many places in the Bible ...sometimes His will is rather tyrannical. So, what is God's specific will for mankind?
In the case of homosexuality, do not practice it. In the case of same sex marriage, do not support it.

JackSafari

Mar 5, 2013
Homosexuality is not something a person chooses to practice, its sexual orientation, just like heterosexuality, which is also something people have no choice about. Cant change your skin color, eye color, being right\left handed, or sexual orientation. Its all hardwired.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
KCKID said:
Respect for God? Doing what pleases Him? He did make you after all....He did die for you....don't you want to live for Him and not yourself?

If I was speaking to someone who was not professing to be a Christian....I would not harp on being gay, rather the good news of God's love and sacrifice for us....when we get that revelation of who Jesus is (Matt 16:17/ 1 Cor 12:3)....we are able to have a real relationship with Him and we get strength to put the flesh under.

But with somoene like you...there would be nothing I could say calmly....I would shout and smack you hard in the face....see you have either been inoculated ...or are an evil false teacher...and both require drastic measures / harsh action from me...before you are beyond hope and God hands you completely over to the devil....ie you land up in hell and find yourself being tortured by demons.

Before I was saved I too battled with sexual sins. I used to say to God, ''You are good'' and ''thanks for making me''....but ''if my lifestyle upsets you and will result in me going to hell...then you are to blame....as I was then surely created for hell as I can't give up the way I live my life''...the Holy Spirit kept working on me....then I had a revelation of God's love....got on my knees...got saved....never ever returned to sexual sin!!! It detested me at such an extremity!!! I felt so ashamed and couldnt stop repenting!! It is as simple as being faithful in marriage...if you love the Lord...you will do what pleases Him and He will make known to you what pleases Him....which means....there is no such thing as gay Christians....rather gays wearing a Christian t-shirt.....Put your hand in mud and take it out...you will notice the big lumps fall off first...likewise if you are saved....homosexuality / murder / stealing / raping and any other extreme lust of the flesh dies!!! Just like when you marry someone you love....battering / cheating dies....we should only be fighting with minor inner rebellions like thoughts / swearing etc

JackSafari said:
Homosexuality is not something a person chooses to practice, its sexual orientation, just like heterosexuality, which is also something people have no choice about. Cant change your skin color, eye color, being right\left handed, or sexual orientation. Its all hardwired.
Are you saying a bully can't help who he is....God made him strong and good looking....he has a desire to smack nerdy / weak people...God gave him extra adrenalin / testosterone....he was made violent....LOLOLOL....You have body parts created to adapt with woman...if God thought you would be happy with a man ...He would have made you a woman...and with that statement....I leave you and kckid to wallow in your hypocritical / purposely naive state of mind....as I believe we have all done our best to help you two...well as much as is possible on the internet.....Praying for you two!! Praying that God shakes you so hard that all the filth comes out of your thinking!!! and you are no longer inoculated Christians...but Christians who choose to fear God out of extreme love and desire to please Him!!!

Reactions: Groundzero

JackSafari

Mar 5, 2013
Are you saying a bully can't help who he is....God made him strong and good looking....he has a desire to smack nerdy / weak people...God gave him extra adrenalin / testosterone....he was made violent....LOLOLOL....
This is strictly your assumption that someone who is strong and good looking is always a bully, not all Christians believe this to be true, even if you can find a bible verse to support your belief that strong and good looking people are all bullies.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Selene said:
In the case of homosexuality, do not practice it. In the case of same sex marriage, do not support it.
The following is God's word:

"If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother ... all the men of the city shall stone him with stones, that he die ...." (Deut. 21:18,21).

Do we practice this? Do we support it?

You know, I don't see any place in the Bible where this text was revoked . . .

JackSafari said:
Again, at the risk of being accused of being in cahoots with you ...I agree! Not only do I agree but I also make the claim that any reasonable person with a God-given brain would know this to be true. People won't admit to it because 1. they personally have an aversion to gays, or/and, 2. they're too influenced by the general mind-set of their particular church. The majority of Christians learn by rote and would be hard pressed to find ANY anti-gay scripture for themselves if asked. There are only about 5 references to homosexuality in the entire Bible but I've come to believe that most Christians really think that the Bible talks of nothing else! That's people for ya ...!

JackSafari

Mar 5, 2013
It my perception that most Christians are not like the anti-gay people who tend to yell the loudest, and who perceive acceptance of homosexuality being one of many signs that world full fulling biblical prophecy.

Most Christians are related to LGBTs and\or work with them, or live next door; As a result Christians have let their own personal experience determine how they think\feel (as they should). Most Christians use common sense and are able to see for themselves that LGBTs are just as normal\flawed as everyone else. LGBTs have their good days, and their bad days, and it has nothing to do with their sexual preference.

There are still Christians who are very vocal against LGBT, but its like those who a few decades ago resisted the acceptance of equality among all races, Such fundamentalists were predicting it was a sign that humanity was becoming immoral\corrupt by striking down racial segregation laws. Its the same thing, just moving forward as each generation becomes becomes closer to God, there will always be an (older\aging) minority who resist progress because its their nature to resist and want nothing to change.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
KCKID said:
The following is God's word:

"If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother ... all the men of the city shall stone him with stones, that he die ...." (Deut. 21:18,21).

Do we practice this? Do we support it?

You know, I don't see any place in the Bible where this text was revoked . . .

Again, at the risk of being accused of being in cahoots with you ...I agree! Not only do I agree but I also make the claim that any reasonable person with a God-given brain would know this to be true. People won't admit to it because 1. they personally have an aversion to gays, or/and, 2. they're too influenced by the general mind-set of their particular church. The majority of Christians learn by rote and would be hard pressed to find ANY anti-gay scripture for themselves if asked. There are only about 5 references to homosexuality in the entire Bible but I've come to believe that most Christians really think that the Bible talks of nothing else! That's people for ya ...!
KCKID, we don't practice killing homosexuality as well. Those rebellious sons who disobeyed their parents will not be in Heaven. That is what the Old Testament is really saying. It is not necessary to put them to death because they are already dead UNLESS they change their ways. Those who practice homosexuality are also already dead UNLESS they changed their ways.

Obedience is important to God. God put authorities over us to prepare us for His kingdom. He put parents as authority over children and children are to be obedient to their parents. If one cannot be obedient to their parents, what makes you expect that one can be obedient to God. In God's kingdom, one can't just do whatever they want. God is in charge.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Selene said:
KCKID, we don't practice killing homosexuality as well. Those rebellious sons who disobeyed their parents will not be in Heaven. That is what the Old Testament is really saying. It is not necessary to put them to death because they are already dead UNLESS they change their ways. Those who practice homosexuality are also already dead UNLESS they changed their ways.

I have no idea where you get the above from, Selene. Where does Jesus fit into this horrible theology?

Obedience is important to God. God put authorities over us to prepare us for His kingdom. He put parents as authority over children and children are to be obedient to their parents. If one cannot be obedient to their parents, what makes you expect that one can be obedient to God. In God's kingdom, one can't just do whatever they want. God is in charge.

Sounds like the army, Selene. I'm a little too feisty to kowtow to one's orders when they are little more than, "I call frog, you jump!" By the way, does YOUR obedience to God include obedience to the 4th of the Ten commandments? Yes, I ask everyone who appears to be as dedicated as you are that same question simply to get a response. You're either TOTALLY obedient to God or you are not.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
JackSafari said:
I've always imagined that Jesus reached total enlightenment just like Buddha and several other spiritual masters that somehow were able to transcend the physical and become one with God. Got to wonder if there are many more out there, but their mission does not include becoming historically famous, so they go about doing God's work hidden from notoriety. Maybe just a simple nurse helping people completely unknown except for those who are helped. :)
Dude, you're off the planet. LOL :D

I'm so glad that homo's and their ilk are being pushed back into the cupboards and bushes from whence they come. But I believe this for sure, give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Such beastly behavior needs to be fought aggressively, because one day and it's already started, the beginning of the end will begin. Just because the darkness approaches and God said it will doesn't mean we sit back and not fight to the end.

Reactions: KingJ

JackSafari

Mar 5, 2013
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Dude, you're off the planet. LOL :D

I'm so glad that homo's and their ilk are being pushed back into the cupboards and bushes from whence they come. But I believe this for sure, give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Such beastly behavior needs to be fought aggressively, because one day and it's already started, the beginning of the end will begin. Just because the darkness approaches and God said it will doesn't mean we sit back and not fight to the end.
My thinking and approach represents the majority of how Christians act\think. With each generation Christianity becomes a better religion, and it God's Will that Christians become more and more Christ like. Those who do not, get left behind.