Avenge Our Blood!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, but i am detecting some verbal wrangling in there, and it is the vengeance of men that bothers me.

God seems to be best defined by His Endless Grace, seems to me.
It is people who are all crying for vengeance, right.

I can't help but be minded of an older child applying their own understanding in wreaking vengeance on a younger sibling, until dad has to step in lol

No, I thought that I stated Souls were crying out, Not Men!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, i'm having this arg in stereo now. Souls are men, men are souls

imo

Ok, I believe that the Souls that are being depicted are under the Alter in Heaven, so are men in Heaven? I could be wrong! I do respond of the cuff from what I think I remember!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ok, I believe that the Souls that are being depicted are under the Alter in Heaven, so are men in Heaven? I could be wrong! I do respond of the cuff from what I think I remember!
um, i would have to refresh my understanding of what "under the altar" means, but i think that is a euphemism. In Deuteronomy the Book was found "under the altar." Unfortunately a search of "under the altar" is all Rev, so let me check with a rabbi friend and get back to you here.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you, Truth!! Your post brought clarity. Why are the souls not in
Abraham s bosom?

Why are they UNDER the Altar?
Whose blood is on the Altar?
The souls are under the blood of The LAMB...Jesus Christ.

Revelation 6:9-11 KJV
[9] And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: [10] And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? [11] And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were , should be fulfilled.

Hebrews 13:9-10 KJV
[9] Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein. [10] We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.

Maybe souls...without glorified bodies yet?

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, Truth!! Your post brought clarity. Why are the souls not in
Abraham s bosom?

Why are they UNDER the Altar?
Whose blood is on the Altar?
The souls are under the blood of The LAMB...Jesus Christ.

Revelation 6:9-11 KJV
[9] And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: [10] And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? [11] And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were , should be fulfilled.

Hebrews 13:9-10 KJV
[9] Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein. [10] We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.

Maybe souls...without glorified bodies yet?

Excellent reply! Abraham's Bosom I believe is the finished product! This I am afraid is still a Mystery? at least to me. There are still those that have yet to be slain for the Testimony of Christ, those who stand firm, and do not value this life for the Sake of the truth which is the Son of God.
Some claim that when Jesus took the First fruits of the Saints, those who arose when He arose to the Father, also applied His Blood to the Alter in The Heavens.
There is also a belief that when the Earth quaked and the Rocks Rent and the Graves were opened, that the Earth split Open and when the Roman Pierced His side and out came the Blood and the water, that the Real Ark was under the place where He was Crucified, and His Blood landed on the Ark, in the Older KJV is says that there are Three that agree in the Earth, the Spirit, the Blood and the water. The Ark disappeared when Solomon Temple was destroyed, and they claim that is was hidden in Jeremiah's Grotto, A Cave!! Just speaking of what I have Heard, food for ????

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 4:9And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper? 10And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Genesis 4:9And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper? 10And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
inferring that it is the earth that is "under the altar," ya.

an argument here,
Conclusion

So by all of the above, we can conclude that in Revelation 6:9 it is the blood of dead Christian martyrs that cries out symbolically, from where it was shed: on the ground "under the (brazen) altar (of burnt offering)", which represents the cross, which is to say on the Earth, not in heaven. The Souls Under The Altar

not how i originally heard it, but gets to the same point