Avoiding : The Cults.. #2 : CALVINISM -"TULIP"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello

There are many who build Line upon Line, Precept upon Precept about God and our relationship with Him. Sadly, those who build Line upon Line and Precept upon Precept, we are told, will fall backwards and die the second death.

What God looks for and requires most of all, from us, is that we have a contrite heart where the foreskin of our heart has been circumcised.

God has also said that the people who inhabit His fertile soil, i.e., take root in His prepared field, will be blessed by Him at the time of the Final judgement. What this means is that we willingly enter into a relationship with God which is a heart-to-heart relationship based on LOVE that grows out of where we send our roots to draw our nourishment from.

There are examples on this forum where people attempt to "control" their relationship with God on their terms because there is no ongoing belief that God walks with them continually and so their Christian Life is based more on their fear than their love for God and His relationship presence with them.

We can argue back and forth on how we achieve this relationship with God. It is not a head relationship, but it is more of a heart relationship where we are drawn into continually living in God's presence on a daily basis. Do we always maintain living in God's presence? NO, we can fall away, but when we do God accepts our return when we humble ourselves and repent of our "sin" and will heal us so that we can continue to live our lives in His presence.

How we arrive at this place of being in a heart-to-heart relationship with God will be different for each and every one of us, because we are all so very different, but Satan attempts to get us to compare our respective stories of how we came into our relationship with God and to judge which stories are more "believable" for us to accept, to undermine all of our relationships with God.

We are all on this journey of being drawn by God into our relationship with Him and as such we are all at different stages in our respective journeys. No one story of our respective journeys of coming into relation with God is any better than another story. What we need to celebrate is that God is drawn each and every one of us into His loving embrace and to accept that through the diversity of our stories in our walk with God, that we have a greater strength in Him and His Love for us all.

Shalom

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you understand what Spirit gives birth to spirit means?
Yes. I think you're referring to John chapter 3....?

John 3:3,5-6
[3]Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
[5]Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
[6]That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

When we're born again, we are given His Spirit. We are actually sealed with the Spirit of God.

It is the Word that is the seed, which is Jesus. The seed of the Word is sown into our heart, and with the heart, we believe ... it is our spirit that is born again.

Reactions: Rockerduck

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cult
  1. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
  2. The followers of such a religion or sect.
  3. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calvinism is not a cult. It is predated as a teaching by Martin Luther and others.

Its TULIP is sustained by scripture.
Actually, the most effective cults use scripture. I know because I was part of a church that did this. We read through the Bible at least once a year, and Bible was quoted all the time. Lots of truth taught. But also a lot of subtle twistings and manipulations.... quoting scripture and placing an interpretation on it that was so close to the truth, most people fell for it.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Calvinism is not a cult. It is predated as a teaching by Martin Luther and others.

Its TULIP is sustained by scripture.
That’s interesting, I have never read any of his teachings.

I looked them up.

Irresistible grace...100% without question.

Perseverance of the saints, is what a Born Again is...100% agree, because they were chosen.

Who are the ones who gave in with their free will to God?..are we all saints, freewillers and the chosen?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The imperishable, incorruptible seed is the Word of God, which is not only the written Word, but a person... God the Son, Jesus Christ. We can see this all the way back in Genesis.

Genesis 3:14-15
[14]And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
[15]And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Galatians 3:16
[16]Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

And as I've stated in another thread, scripture says that the Word is the seed that cannot perish. Jesus is the Word.

1 Peter 1:23
[23]Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

And again, as stated before.... Jesus specifically stated that the Word is the seed.

Luke 8:4-15
[4]And when much people were gathered together, and were come to him out of every city, he spake by a parable:
[5]A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.

[6]And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.
[7]And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it.

[8]And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
[9]And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be?
[10]And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

[11]Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
[12]Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
[13]They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
[14]And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

[15]But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.
Amen and Amen,

The living word given to us By God himself.

• Love
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The imperishable seed that we are Born Again Of is the Holy Spirit that is the seed that has been placed into our hearts/ spirit, where it will grow because it was planted by the Living word of God..His Living seed,

Because God's Word is living and active, we are equipped with His power and love when we hide it in our hearts. His thoughts become our own, and His ways influence our behaviors and direct our activities.

Hebrews 4:12New International Version (NIV) For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
The word of God is the words given by the HS to man, and written down for our benefit.

It is the living word

• Love
Reactions: Azim and TLHKAJ

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s interesting, I have never read any of his teachings.

I looked them up.

Irresistible grace...100% without question.

Perseverance of the saints, is what a Born Again is...100% agree, because they were chosen.

Who are the ones who gave in with their free will to God?..are we all saints, freewillers and the chosen?
Martin Luther led the reformation. The five Solas are attributed to him. Here is a list with support verses.

SOLA GRATIA

"Grace Alone"

Salvation from the judgment and condemnation of God that every human being deserves (because we are sinners) is a gift of grace from God. It has nothing to do with human merit.

Romans 3:10-12*

As it is written:

"None is righteous, no, not one;

no one understands;

no one seeks for God.

All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;

no one does good,

not even one."

God Himself, through His Son Jesus Christ's death on the cross and resurrection from the dead, rescues all who believe in Him from His wrath. God brings people to repentance and faith in Christ because of His goodness and grace.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

SOLA FIDE

"Faith Alone"

The biblical truth that we are saved by faith in Jesus Christ alone is what sets Christianity apart from all other religions in the world. It is not by the believer's works or efforts but by Christ's work on the cross that a person is saved.

Romans 4:4-5

Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. And to the one who does not work but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness.

Christ, who lived a perfect, sinless life, willingly bore the full punishment of the wrath of God against believers. He paid the penalty in full. Therefore, those whom God brings to faith in Christ are saved because He imputes Christ's righteousness to them.

Romans 5:8-9

But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by His blood, much more shall we be saved by Him from the wrath of God.

SOLUS CHRISTUS

"Christ Alone"

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Salvation is found in Christ alone. No human being can forgive sins. It is Christ alone who saves.

Romans 10:9

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Acts 4:12

"And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

SOLA SCRIPTURA

"Scripture Alone"

2 Peter 1:21

For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

The 66-book Bible is the sole authority for Christians in faith, doctrine, and practice. Sola Scriptura acknowledges the facts that the Bible is the Word of God, inerrant, sufficient, without error, and the source of all truth.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

SOLI DEO GLORIA

"To the Glory of God Alone"

Titus 3:4-5

But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to His own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit.

Salvation is wholly a work of God for His glory. Believers contribute nothing to their salvation. Because Christ is both Lord and Savior of believers, they are commanded to live their lives to glorify God.

John 6:44

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day."

It is God who, through His grace, moves in the sinner's heart, enabling him or her to repent and believe in Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 10:31

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, grace is resistable. Those with a proud heart will resist God's grace. And in turn, God resists the proud.

James 4:6-7
[6]But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
[7]Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

This is why scripture instructs us to draw near to God, to humble ourselves, to be afflicted and mourn ....He is near to the broken.

James 4:6-10
[6]But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
[7]Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
[8]Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
[9]Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

[10]Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Psalm 34:18
[18]The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reader,

Every time you open a NT, God is speaking to us, on the pages.
He wrote it, .. they just wrote it down, for the most part....

WE can know we are "of the truth", first of all because Jesus IS THE Truth, ... John 14:6, and He is IN US.
This is one of the PROOFs that we are born again. = We are "OF the Truth" because we are "in Christ".
"Christ IN YOU< the Hope of Glory".

See... the word of God does not make you RIGHT.. It makes you Righteous and True.
The effect of the Spirit working in you, as you study the word, is that its Truth becomes yours.
So, when we have that.. we have the Truth in us., and we are not a Dark Light.

Luke 11:35

A partial verse says... "a workman that/who needeth not to be ASHAMED"...

And how is it that a Believer is a shame to the NT?

Its when their Theology is confused and has issues with God's Grace.

Can a believer be deceived?
A.) most are.

And that is because of one simple thing....
= Its a belief issue, that is related to not understanding GRACE. (Hebrews 13:9).

And once the born again believer, has come to the perfected understanding of God's Grace as Christ's Cross, then they are safe from 'Doctrines of Devils."
Calvin can't get then you then.
The Pope can't get you then,.
None of the cults can get your mind, once your mind is renewed = revelation knowledge regarding God's GRACe.

See, when you truly know what Jesus has accomplished on the Cross, that God has ETERNALLY IMPUTED to US, the born again.. when this is fully realized as the LIGHT of revelation, then CALVIN and the POPE and the MORMONS and the JW's and all these "cross confused" CULTS, and their MINISTERS..... can not infect your mind with their THEOLOGY.. on the FORUM, or from the PULPIT or in the Video or Commentary.

And they CAN until you have "worked out your salvation" and that is by "walking in the Spirit" and that is all done in your BELIEVING.
Is is right, or is it wrong?
If its wrong then the Cult's will get you.

See, wrong theology is a spiritual sickness and it'll may make you very sick, in your head, in your heart, and in your life.

The ANTIDOTE for that, is to not become one of those, and the way you do that, is to "get your heart established with God's Grace".

= THE REVELATION OF it..
Hebrews 13:9
Once you are there, then your mind is "one" with NT Truth., = Paul's Doctrine... and then the Devil can't get you caught up in his "doctrines of Devils" .. reader.
And once again we get a lot of hot air, with no substance.

Lots of accusations with no biblical substance.

A man who loves to accuse but not provide evidence.

Once again, show how Calvinism is of the devil. And to jog your memory, I am asking for why the five points are demonic.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not need or rely on foreknowledge. He created ALL things therefore knew all about them! God said in Isiah 45....
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].

8 Dop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.
9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! [Let] the potsherd [strive] with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Man in his own volition DOES NOT have the capacity to choose spiritual things let alone freewill BECAUSE he is spiritually dead!!!

Jesus said: "
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and [that] your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."

To God Be The Glory
This is nonsensical.

If man can not chose to repent and receive the free gift of salvation. He could not be saved.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Learn more about your Cult.
-

Predestination According to Demonic John Calvin​

According to John Calvin, predestination is God’s unchangeable decree from before the creation of the world that God would freely save some people (the elect), foreordaining them to eternal life, while the others would be “barred from access to” salvation and sentenced to “eternal death."., (Just for being born).

So, according to Calvin's theology, some of your family were "pre-chosen" by God to burn in the Lake of Fire, before they were even born.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See that Reader? ??

That is the Demonic John Calvin teaching that before some are born, God has "decreed" that they are born only to burn in the Lake of FIRE. = pre-destined.

"Pre-destined by GOD, to go to Hell, then the Lake of Fire"...

See,..... the issue with this doctrine of devil's is MANY.... as this hellish doctrine is (T.U.L.I.P) LEGION... and what you have to SEE.. .Reader... is that all of us are EQUAL, regarding originally being a SINNER.

Why? "Because ALL HAVE SINNED".

This is why "Jesus came into the world TO SAVE SINNERS"< not the "elect only" as Demonic "TULIP" & Calvinism Teaches.

Calvinism Abuses God, willfully..= by falsely accusing Him of causing people to NOT BELIEVE... As they are not "chosen" to believe.
They are "pre-destined into ..(FORCED BY GOD))...= Unbelief".., .is what this DEVIL Teaches people to Believe.

So, here is how THEOLOGICALLY INSANE John Calvinism is...

Reader, ....

Unbelievers go to Hell because they never Believed in Jesus, were never born again, and die.... so God judges them... John 3:36, after they die., for their Christ REJECTION....

So, if God is causing them NOT to Believe, ..as the demonic John Calvin teaches... then How can GOD be just, honest, true, and right, if He decided they can't BELIEVE in Jesus, before they were born...... and then after they, you, me, are here on earth, and we die.... God judges us into eternal damnation, and HE is the reason we could not believe. !!

Do you see how CALVINISM accuses God of being some sort of cosmic psychopath, who wont let you believe in Jesus, then sends you to hell after you die, for "not BELIEVING", as you were not 'chosen/pre-destined to believe".,,. according to the Theological Blasphemy of John Calvin.

His Theology is OF THE DEVIL.
Its a CANCER on the Body of Christ.

Don't believe it reader.
Avoid people who teach it.
Don't let them get to your family.
And if you have been infected with demonic Calvinism, then simply realize that God's Grace, that is the Cross of Christ, is not Limited in any Way... as its "The GIFT of Salvation" to ALL who will believe.

• Love
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I believe with my spirit because I have been Born Of The Spirit.
-
For it is with your HEART that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

New Living Translation
For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved.

English Standard Version
For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Berean Standard Bible
For with your HEART you believe and are justified, and with your mouth you confess and are saved.

Berean Literal Bible
For in the heart is belief unto righteousness, and in the mouth is confession unto salvation.

King James Bible
For with the HEART man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

New King James Version
For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

New American Standard Bible
for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

NASB 1995
for with the HEART a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

NASB 1977
for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Legacy Standard Bible
for with the heart a person believes, leading to righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, leading to salvation.

Amplified Bible
For with the HEART a person believes [in Christ as Savior] resulting in his justification [that is, being made righteous—being freed of the guilt of sin and made acceptable to God]; and with the mouth he acknowledges and confesses [his faith openly], resulting in and confirming [his] salvation.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lots of accusations with no biblical substance.

A man who loves to accuse but not provide evidence.

Once again, show how Calvinism is of the devil. And to jog your memory, I am asking for why the five points are demonic.
How is calvinism of the devil?

1. It states God creates babies just to send to hell with no choice in the matter

This alone is satanic

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The word of God is the words given by the HS to man, and written down for our benefit.

It is the living word
Now, we have been through this, your teaching that the written word of God is His Living word is FALSE.

We are Born Again if imperishable seed that .LIVETH..Gods Living word backs up HIS written word.

I will NOT let you spread this lie.

Reactions: JunChosen
Status
Not open for further replies.