Babel (let us)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad you're just thinking. :) I would not like being cursed by God right now.
I'm not worried.
He knows my questions are sincere and not just rude speculations.
I have questions. He knows them. And I'm not afraid to ask them.
(Well sometimes, but only because I try not to offend people)
There is no fear in love. And I know He loves me.
That's why I can ask without fear.
Come let us reason together saith the Lord..
And that's all I'm doing.
Reasoning.. thinking.. pondering.. asking.. seeking..
And He knows
:)

Hugs

Reactions: dev553344 and Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Gen 11:1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
Gen 11:2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
Gen 11:3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.
Gen 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
Gen 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
Gen 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
Gen 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
Gen 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
Gen 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Jhn 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Noah, Ham, Cush, Nimrod:

Gen 10:8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
Gen 10:9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD.
Gen 10:10 And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.

Where did Nimrod get the idea to build a tower that reached to heaven and make a name for themselves?
If the son can do nothing of himself but what he seeth the Father do, then who was Nimrod following?

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Isa 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
Isa 14:22 For I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the LORD.
Isa 14:23 I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the LORD of hosts.

Gen 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
Gen 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Rev 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

When the Lord says: Let us make man in our image and our likeness...
Are these already in heaven with Him
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation,

What congregation was in heaven that Lucifer thought to rise above?

Psa 74:2 Remember thy congregation, which thou hast purchased of old; the rod of thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed; this mount Zion, wherein thou hast dwelt.

Which thou hast purchased of old, which thou hast redeemed....

Who is the "Let us" that the Lord is speaking of, that goes down and takes out the "let us" that construct the tower of Babel?

I see this as the war in heaven with Michael and his angels, in the book of Revelation.

I truly believe history repeats itself.
just thinking..
Hugs
@Ziggy
Despite all the schemes of men, the Lord could say in Psalm 2.6: "Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion." :)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did Nimrod get the idea to build a tower that reached to heaven and make a name for themselves?
If the son can do nothing of himself but what he seeth the Father do, then who was Nimrod following?

Cain.
Gen 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Enoch = "dedicated"
eldest son of Cain
son of Jared and father of Methuselah whom God took home to heaven without dying

And who did Cain follow? Adam.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just putting this here for now..
just scattered thoughts for editing..

Oh, and another thought re Babel.... If God is not the author of confusion how is it the confusion of languages is attributed to him?

Psa 35:4 Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.

Psa 35:26 Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together that rejoice at mine hurt: let them be clothed with shame and dishonour that magnify themselves against me.
Psa 44:15 My confusion is continually before me, and the shame of my face hath covered me,
Psa 109:29 Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
Gen 4:3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
Gen 4:5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
Gen 4:6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?

Gen 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

countenance:
pânîym, paw-neem'; plural (but always as singular) of an unused noun פָּנֶה pâneh; from H6437); the face (as the part that turns)
face

Gen 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face H6440 of the whole earth.

Was Cain confused?
What's wrong with my offering? Why isn't it acceptable?
Why is thy face fallen?
If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted?

in the process of time... The end of time.

Gen 4:3 And in process H7093 of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.

Gen 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end H7093 of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Gen 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

Gen 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Why is thy face fallen?
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Isa 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

O Lucifer, son of the morning!
Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root (alpha) and the offspring (omega) of David, and the bright and morning star.

Son OF the morning. Lucifer is the son of the morning, not the bright and morning star. The son of the morning.
And the evening and the morning was the first day.
The evening is the elder and the morning is the younger.
The prodigal son.

Eze 34:16 I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.

Sons of God.. Cain and Abel.

In the process of time... end of time.

The prodigal son.. and the end of time.
Ecc 3:11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
continued:

Cain.

Enoch = "dedicated"
eldest son of Cain
son of Jared and father of Methuselah whom God took home to heaven without dying

The city of Adam:

Jos 3:14 And it came to pass, when the people removed from their tents, to pass over Jordan, and the priests bearing the ark of the covenant before the people;
Jos 3:15 And as they that bare the ark were come unto Jordan, and the feet of the priests that bare the ark were dipped in the brim of the water, (for Jordan overfloweth all his banks all the time of harvest,)
Jos 3:16 That the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan: and those that came down toward the sea of the plain, even the salt sea, failed, and were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho.

Âdâm, aw-dawm'; the same as H120; Adam the name of the first man, also of a place in Palestine:—Adam.

Geography:
Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
Gen 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Jos 3:16 That the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan:

(for Jordan overfloweth all his banks all the time of harvest, )

thinking outside the box...
where did Cain get his offering from? Every tree of the Garden thou mayest eat... The garden is Eden. Eden is Iraq.
Cain went somewhere and brought an offering of the ground and the Lord was not pleased.
Maybe Cain was jumping ahead into the "promised land" across the river Jordan?
Thou hast said in thine heart.. I will be like the Most High.
Was Cain trying to get ahead of the plan? They ran into giants, which were of those from before the flood.
Did Cain plant seed in Jordan?
Jordan overfloweth all his banks all the time of harvest...
Isa 5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

1Ch 12:15 These are they that went over Jordan in the first month, when it had overflown all his banks; and they put to flight all them of the valleys, both toward the east, and toward the west.

I'm seeing the war in heaven between Michael and his angels and the dragon and his angels...
Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Back to cities..
City of God..City of Adam.. City of Enoch.. City of Nimrod called Babel.

City of God, dressed as a Bride.. Jerusalem. Above
City of Adam, the harlot .. Babylon. Below

Lamentations..

Isa 1:21 How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.
Isa 14:4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

The golden city:
Gen 2:11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
Gen 2:12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.

Pison = "increase"
one of the four rivers used to describe the location of the garden of Eden

Havilah (India) Increase compassed the whole land of India...

:(
Toxic foam coats sacred river in India as Hindu devotees bathe in its waters
By Rhea Mogul and Esha Mitra, CNN
Updated 4:01 AM ET, Thu November 11, 2021
A layer of toxic foam coated parts of a sacred river near India's capital on Wednesday as Hindus gathered on its banks to celebrate a religious festival and some devotees bathed in the waters.

The white froth, a mixture of sewage and industrial waste, formed over the last week in sections of the Yamuna River -- a tributary of the holy Ganges River -- which flows about 855 miles (1,376 kilometers) south from the Himalayas through several states.
India's Yamuna River coated in toxic foam as Hindu devotees gather for Chhath Puja festival - CNN

Lam 1:1 How doth the city sit solitary, that was full of people! how is she become as a widow! she that was great among the nations, and princess among the provinces, how is she become tributary!

The Ganges: Hinduism's Holy River
Why the Ganges Is Considered Sacred
Why Do Hindus Consider the Ganges River Sacred?

Gen 2:10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
Gen 2:11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
Gen 2:12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.

I wonder if the 4 rivers represent 4 religions?
Just thinking..

Babel.. confusion.. fallen countenance.. Cain ... The city of Adam.
The city of gold, the river Pison, Havilah, India, Hinduism, goddess of the holy river.. become tributary.. harlot.

I need to sharpen my shovel..

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
continued:

Cain.

Enoch = "dedicated"
eldest son of Cain

The city of Adam:

Jos 3:14 And it came to pass, when the people removed from their tents, to pass over Jordan, and the priests bearing the ark of the covenant before the people;
Jos 3:15 And as they that bare the ark were come unto Jordan, and the feet of the priests that bare the ark were dipped in the brim of the water, (for Jordan overfloweth all his banks all the time of harvest,)
Jos 3:16 That the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan: and those that came down toward the sea of the plain, even the salt sea, failed, and were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho.

Âdâm, aw-dawm'; the same as H120; Adam the name of the first man, also of a place in Palestine:—Adam.

Geography:
Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
Gen 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Jos 3:16 That the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan:

(for Jordan overfloweth all his banks all the time of harvest, )

thinking outside the box...
where did Cain get his offering from? Every tree of the Garden thou mayest eat... The garden is Eden. Eden is Iraq.
Cain went somewhere and brought an offering of the ground and the Lord was not pleased.
Maybe Cain was jumping ahead into the "promised land" across the river Jordan?
Thou hast said in thine heart.. I will be like the Most High.
Was Cain trying to get ahead of the plan? They ran into giants, which were of those from before the flood.
Did Cain plant seed in Jordan?
Jordan overfloweth all his banks all the time of harvest...
Isa 5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

1Ch 12:15 These are they that went over Jordan in the first month, when it had overflown all his banks; and they put to flight all them of the valleys, both toward the east, and toward the west.

I'm seeing the war in heaven between Michael and his angels and the dragon and his angels...
Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Back to cities..
City of God..City of Adam.. City of Enoch.. City of Nimrod called Babel.

City of God, dressed as a Bride.. Jerusalem. Above
City of Adam, the harlot .. Babylon. Below

Lamentations..

Isa 1:21 How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.
Isa 14:4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

The golden city:

Pison = "increase"
one of the four rivers used to describe the location of the garden of Eden

Havilah (India) Increase compassed the whole land of India...

:(
Toxic foam coats sacred river in India as Hindu devotees bathe in its waters
By Rhea Mogul and Esha Mitra, CNN
Updated 4:01 AM ET, Thu November 11, 2021
A layer of toxic foam coated parts of a sacred river near India's capital on Wednesday as Hindus gathered on its banks to celebrate a religious festival and some devotees bathed in the waters.

The white froth, a mixture of sewage and industrial waste, formed over the last week in sections of the Yamuna River -- a tributary of the holy Ganges River -- which flows about 855 miles (1,376 kilometers) south from the Himalayas through several states.
India's Yamuna River coated in toxic foam as Hindu devotees gather for Chhath Puja festival - CNN

Lam 1:1 How doth the city sit solitary, that was full of people! how is she become as a widow! she that was great among the nations, and princess among the provinces, how is she become tributary!

The Ganges: Hinduism's Holy River
Why the Ganges Is Considered Sacred
Why Do Hindus Consider the Ganges River Sacred?

Gen 2:10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

I wonder if the 4 rivers represent 4 religions?
Just thinking..

Babel.. confusion.. fallen countenance.. Cain ... The city of Adam.
The city of gold, the river Pison, Havilah, India, Hinduism, goddess of the holy river.. become tributary.. harlot.

I need to sharpen my shovel..
In contrast with Cain and Nimrod, John 3.30 says:

"He must increase, but I must decrease."

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In contrast with Cain and Nimrod, John 3.30 says:

"He must increase, but I must decrease."
This is true for many things.
The first that came to mind was:
The Spirit must increase, but the flesh must decrease.

Hugs
:D