Back again.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah how true this is . AND YET i have a question for us all , HOW ON EARTH is any of this attainable IF WE DONT BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST .
LONG ANSWER , IT AINT POSSIBLE
short answer , IT AINT
Any love or idea of love , any truth or idea of truth , that negates the fact ONE MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS
AINT LOVE and it aint TRUTH .
SO , i bring us back again to the original life saving and life CHANGING GOSPEL whereby we CAN LOVE

DRUM ROLL .............................YA GOTTA FIRST BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST . all else wont be saving squat

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not mean it like that. All believers are given a measure of understanding but as there is much that is not simple to understand, and the deeper spiritual meaning, the purity of spiritual leaders is needed and note I said purity, or those with a single eye, not the double minded. These are those who are not led entirely by the Holy Spirit but also by their fleshy mind. They can settle disputes together. We are not meant to follow one mans understanding. .

Protestantism however, has a view for each person hence the many thousand of denominations
The problem is that no matter what church you go to. The leaders were trained or taught what that particular church Believes.

so everyone must make a choice to either pick the church/leader you like. Pick the church/ leader who follows your belief system. Or the ne who caters to you. Which means you pretty much blindly follow them in everything they teach.

whether your Catholic or Protestant. God has given you the command to test each spirit. Do not blindly follow any man, but test what they say.

In most cases, it is actually not that hard.. It is how I came out from many of the teachings i grew up with when I blindly followed men. People would question me, or get me to question myself. And I would study the word to test things. And I slowly began to find the word did not always teach what they said.

we are to be followers of God not men..

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that no matter what church you go to. The leaders were trained or taught what that particular church Believes.

so everyone must make a choice to either pick the church/leader you like. Pick the church/ leader who follows your belief system. Or the ne who caters to you. Which means you pretty much blindly follow them in everything they teach.

whether your Catholic or Protestant. God has given you the command to test each spirit. Do not blindly follow any man, but test what they say.

In most cases, it is actually not that hard.. It is how I came out from many of the teachings i grew up with when I blindly followed men. People would question me, or get me to question myself. And I would study the word to test things. And I slowly began to find the word did not always teach what they said.

we are to be followers of God not men..
This too is why i dont buy the lie , OH ye cannot know or learn the bible lest ye sit under , FILL IN THAT BLANK
with whatever leaders name sayeth it . This lamb heeds no such men .
NOR do i heed such men who try and say OH ye need to know our greek . NO , i need to simply know
HE WHO INSPIRED the BIBLE to be able to learn . I mean GOD DID INSPIRE IT .
I am FULLY CONVINCED HE can then GIVE ME what i need to know WHEN I NEED TO KNOW . childlike faith IN HE and HIM ALONE .
be on guard for many have come with an agenda and that agenda will say some wicked things and will promote a lie .
A lie that says that for over three hundred years we had a real bad translation , like geneva or KJV
but now we have come to show you with greek a better one . YEAH DONT HEED THEM EITHER .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome back, Hepzibah. If you don't mind, what does the name mean? My cousin is from a town by that name.

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome back, Hepzibah. If you don't mind, what does the name mean? My cousin is from a town by that name.
Thanks Wynona it means 'married' to Christ. Wiki says:

Hephzibah or Hepzibah (English: /ˈhɛfzɪbə/ or /ˈhɛpzɪbə/; Hebrew: חֶפְצִי־בָהּ‎, Modern: ḥefṣī-vah, Tiberian: ḥep̄ṣī-ḇāh, my delight [is] in her) is a minor figure in the Books of Kings in the Bible. She was the wife of Hezekiah, King of Judah (reigned c. 715 and 686 BCE), and the mother of Manasseh of Judah (reigned c. 687–643 BCE).